Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
What up homies? I'm parting out my KLX/DRZ400 over here if ya all need anything: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785635

Or email thebecktastic at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Silver posted:

Are you still riding dirt at all? Or getting out of it to ride that crappy SV everywhere?

Right now I'm not riding anything. I got whomped by a car which took out the Zeb and had to sell the SV for a car to get me around...since riding around with an arm splint/cast is difficult/impossible/stupid. Since I have to wear this thing another month or so at least, before I can even start physical therapy and since I'm moving to Denver soon, I figured part out the wreckage now and get a new bike up there when I'm ready for it.

I can definitely see myself riding dirt again, if anything street will take me longer to reattempt. I believe, now more than ever, that all the drivers are out to get me. :ohdear:

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
What up bros? I just got back from riding Big Bend and made a blog post about the National Park HERE. I'll have one about the Ranch State Park soon too.

Really fun riding, really great scenery.

The Ranch State Park trumps the National Park, but it lacks services (so you have to trailer in and haul your own fuel) and isn't very noob or big bike friendly.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Yeah, and it was driving totally fine all week earlier and then as soon as we were 100% ready to go the drat thing shits itself.

He really did say that, which makes it sound like a huge hole, but it was smaller than a pencil eraser in actuality and you could see where someone had repaired another one years earlier with JB Weld.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Z3n posted:

What bike are you on these days?

I bought a new DRZ400 to prep for South America with my friend Andrea in 2013, but I was on my friend James' KTM450 for Big Bend.

I have to say, the KTM was a blast in the parks, it's so much lighter and more powerful then my DRZ and the suspension is awesome. I'm still sticking for my DRZ for big trips though because they really take abuse well (and don't need premium gasoline)

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Z3n posted:

Get the 690 Enduro, best of both worlds! :haw: They even have a bad gas map if you can't find premium!

690 sounds too big for me, I rode the 525 and it was huge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Silver posted:

Ahem. This is the DIRT BIKE thread. You'll need to plz be making yoru own DUAL SPORT thread. kthx.

I'm bullshitting. When is the next update on the ride report? I got to slept in bed and fine dining and venturing to the more unexplored part of Big Bend and it stopped. :mad:

DUAL SPORT 4 LIFE!

Here's the second half: Big Bend Ranch State Park and Pinto Canyon Road

I'm going to make one more for tips on planning a ride in BBRSP, which has details on more of the trails and services and stuff, but I'm going to wait til my friend Darren gets back in a few days with more intel (he and his friends had a whole week in the park). The only document I could find for trip planning was geared towards 4x4s and very out of date. Even the park website is in serious need of an update and none of the staff had even been up the some of the sections we did. It seems like a lot of the park hasn't been driven/ridden by anyone in a long time so you kind of feel like explorers conquering new territory.