Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
How much can I get for a 98 yz125 with fresh rebuild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Spiffness posted:

Around here (Seattle area) $1600-1800 tops

Awesome.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I don't know anything about 2t's except now I own one and gettin on the pipe is like "woah" except theres no engine braking and just no brakes at all right now so that was kinda scary.

Also I'm a bad dirtbike bro, I spent my evening turning around at "no trespassing" signs and following all the rules of the road.

invision fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 19, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

yeah 2t are a blast and when you do get back on a 4t it just seems to change they way it feels for awhile (not in a bad way)

Yeah I putted around on it for 45 minutes, then got on my SV and it felt... weird. I guess a lot of that is i don't know how to predict when the YZ is getting on the pipe so it just scares the poo poo out of me, and the SV is this docile little v-twin... its so cute :3:

e:and by "docile" I mean "completely sane and something that a normal person without a deathwish would ride

invision
Mar 2, 2009

FLAMEZZZ

e: yeah those are excel rims :snoop:

invision fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 19, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

So the PO has the YZ jetted all kinds of hosed up, so it only wants to run with the choke on. I managed to get it going for a little while earlier without the choke and holy mother of god when it hits the powerband it's loving outrageous. This thing is insane, and it's only a 125.

Bled the brakes, and that helped a little (but not a lot, gonna re-do it later.)
Adjusted clutch cable
Fixed the shift lever to keep it from falling off.

Looks like I might have a leaky fork seal.

When it kills me, first person to find the bike can keep it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

LOL the engine just seized. It went "crackle crackle" then died now the kickstart wont move.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Zool posted:

Exactly, oh gently caress a bunch of metal came out when I changed the oil... For Sale Fresh Rebuild!

Pretty sure I cold seized it. I'm a massive retard.
I'll start tearing it down later. ugh.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

So how much is this gonna cost me

invision
Mar 2, 2009

VTNewb posted:

And if it does, are the crack or the con rod bearings shot?

To test the con rod bearings pull on the connecting rod. It can wiggle side to side but should have zero up and down play.

Taking the left side cover off and wiggle the almost non existant flywheel. If it can wiggle up and down your con rod bearings are blown.

It seems like the bottom end is fine. I didn't take the left cover off, but I did the "pull on the con rod test" and it passed. Should that be sufficient?

Also tell me a good way to get piston pieces out of the engine without splitting the case.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

So, according to Eric Gorr, the cracked piston skirt means that there was too much clearance between the cylinder and the piston. The "rattling" noise should've given this away, but I just assumed it was normal because I don't know anything about 2t's.

So it was only kind of my fault.

Hopefully this guy buys my boat this week so I can get this crap shipped off and fixed. It looks so sad, sitting in the garage staring at it's little TT-R 125 brother, both broken and in pieces.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

velocross posted:

How's that TTR project going? I saw it posted somewhere else, but don't remember what was wrong with it. They're crazy easy to get running.

Contributing to thread: I've currently got 5 bikes and 3 of them are not running or in total pieces :negative: Luckily Honda XR's are bomb proof.

Another Texas goon? Awesome!

REALLY low compression and needs a new carb. I'm guessing rings and a carb and it'd be good to go.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

I bought a bike with no seat and the kick stand on the wrong side. 2005 Gas Gas TXT 300 Pro

lovely seller's photo since I got home with it at 2am

Already looking for pallets, boulders and other stuff to build a course in the back yard. Am either going to learn a lot or hurt myself on this thing.

I'm so jealous of this. I want a trials bike so bad... they look like they're a riot .

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Zool posted:

Can't tell if you're serious, its just a motorcycle after all.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All the single goons

all the single goons

buy this dirtbiiike

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3217241877.html

Is this your bike. I can be over in like 10 minutes.