Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I was looking at that one earlier today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
New skid plates are on and have two rides/ 4.5 hours on them. Our trail riding is getting better, faster, and "flowier". PNW conditions are definitely in fall territory. 40-50 degrees and mud and puddles everywhere.

A cleanup from a day in the dunes was just some compressed air. Mud cleanup takes a bit longer.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Yamaha TTR series
Kawasaki KLX series
Honda CRFs that are air cooled and smaller than 250

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So Triumph is getting into the dirt bike game?

Link to story

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
First dunes ride of the year yesterday! Me and one of my kids headed to Spinreel in the Oregon dunes near Coos Bay.
Drive 168 miles, get bikes off the trailer and started, and the KLX300 shuts off after half a minute of running. We looked at each other knowing this hadn't happened in the two years of ownership prior.

Mmmhhh no fuel pump sounds

The culprit:

A $38 relay. There are two of them, one for the starter and one for the pump. I tried push starting it but that wasn't happening on flat ground and I really didnt want to risk that in soft sand.
Took turns on the KX instead. Still 2 hours on the engine and around 40 miles

Bonus vintage Pizza Hut in disguise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
We stopped at that A&W this last Sunday after another trip to Spinreel.
Can confirm it's very good food!

Both bikes worked, sort of. The 300 still had issues