Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Eli Tomacs number plate is extra shiny tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

builds character posted:

I'm a simple man. I just enjoy Webb not winning.

I'll see if I can get him to sign an autograph for you next weekend ;)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I prefer going to foxboro over jersey due to proximity but going to jersey means going to Rutt's Hut for some delicious hotdogs

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

On a course like this, being raced at this time of day, I wonder if it is more like outdoors than indoors and benefits those type of riders

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

fwiw, 1. use your clutch to modulate throttle.

2. 20 is fast on dirt depending on what kind of dirt.

3. look up, not down. If you look down you're going to end up going in and out of the tracks. But if you look up it's a lot easier to not fall down and go in/out of the ATV and other lines.

4. angle your toes in a tiny bit and it will help lock your calves against your bike which is how you should be holding on, not with your hands. Sometimes you can't avoid hands but those times you probably be modulating power you're putting down with the clutch. Graham Jarvis says that he only uses the clutch and just keeps throttle consistent. I don't think that's entirely true but I think it's true enough.

I think, once again, the important point is that Cooper Webb didn't win.

Only if you immediately eat it afterward in front of him and then say "mm, tastes like failure."

Re: 4 / Graham Jarvis, it's more true for a 2t than a 4t

Also there's just plain experience and seat time to it that will reinforce all the above good habits but without it, the good habits wont be enough. Eventually you just get good, maybe not great, but anyone can be good with practice

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

My wife is on photo level 3 now with her boo Kyle (he was the first person to like it in Instagram this morning lol) but having the superstar 94 on his team means we couldn't hang out at his tent and shoot the poo poo with him like we usually do. That being said, they had the most organized autograph signing of all the teams and Honda is disorganized and terrible as usual

We bailed once the delay began because we had to drive home to ct last night and then drive to Maine this morning but holy poo poo those mains were crazy

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 23, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Congrats to Chase Sexton as the 2023 sx champion and Honda for currently having both 250 east west and premier class championships in 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Mathematically, tomac finishes second right? That's a little funny. And if Roczen finishes ahead of webb then he gets third so... still something to root for in the last race.

Yeah Webb isn't racing in Utah and is like 3 points up on Roczen which should not be a problem to get around and that lands him a 3rd overall

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Racing 250E in SX in a few weeks.

Beta made the main on saturday.

Ducati in MXGP this year and in US next year (this isn't confirmed)

Who is on the factory team for Triumph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Put some dish soap in your oil to lube the plates up