Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Welcome to the dirtbike thread! For chatting, pictures, movies, questions, and whatever else we see fit to put in here that concerns dirtbikes. Making a new thread as the title of the other thread "Transitioning from street to dirt" is kind of misleading. So here we are at a new thread for dirt bikes and riding dirt/rocks/sand/trails/mx tracks/enduros/whatever.

While I have a ton of motorcycle racing type links I don't really have that many dirt bike links. So I'll update as people post good links and stuff. The two I have are:

Links:
http://brotocross.com/
http://yamahaenduro.com/

Forums:
http://ktmtalk.com/
http://www.advrider.com/
http://www.thumpertalk.com/
http://www.crfsonly.com/

That's what I got. Anyhow, I figure to kick off the thread, make your first post in the thread your state, how long you've been riding, bike, types of terrain you ride, and any other type info stuff. I'm going to first post this thread with my info to leave this post free to expand with relevant information as it's added to the thread.

:cheers:

Silver fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
State: Oklahoma
Riding: totes newb, 5 times out on the bike thus far for day rides.
Bike: 2004 KTM200EXC. Also because I now own a KTM I have to look down upon anyone who doesn't also ride a KTM. So I've been told.
Terrain: Trails, Sand, Gravel. On the list are a few places with lots of rocks as well.
Other stuff: Right now just learning as much as I can. Also want to participate in a race series they have here in OK called ATV Motion which looks really fun. The end of this year they'll also have a race thing called the Gold Rush which I plan on trying to participate.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Oof, yeah will add thumpertalk. Forgot about that one. I never go there because I think they layout is dumb. Adding now though.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Added Yamaha enduro to the links in the OP.

Also I'm thinking we can have a video links part in the OP as well. Only the baddest raddest videos Bro'est videos in there voted on by participates in the thread and limited to a max of 3 vids.

This video isn't a candidate but it's our local ATV Motion series. At least watch the start as the dude who got the holeshot misses the turn and they all end up in a field turning around with guys looking around going "what the gently caress???"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4rqTMo5PI

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeesh, so I kinda know what that is, but do you have to hand rotate or does it do it for you as you go?

Went riding at Gruber today. Goal was to not hit any tress or bury myself in mud, I was slow(newbie) but I achieved it.

This is the overlook, a sheer cliff that below it is train tracks. Little whiskey throttle here and you're bike has a nice little fall, then it gets ran over by a train.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

VTNewb posted:

Sorta! It's an indurance route chart. The left column is the minute you're on. The middle column is the mile you need to be at on that minute, and the right column is the average speed to achieve such a thing.

Silver, you gotto hand rotate it.

*Endurance.

Do they make ones that you don't have to hand rotate? If not I'm going to make one and I'll make my millions!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ahh, right on! Thanks for the info Kony Kid. Makes sense.

Vids from last weekend. Newbies rolling sloooowww. First one is long, skip through or whatever. It's at Camp Gruber in OK. Some fun stuff. I kept it way low in the power band the whole day though as my goal was to not throw myself at trees or into mud puddles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvT1EcMGLmY

This one is shorter with a stepped hill climb and our 4 wheeler buddy getting buried in a mud hole. I even get out of second on a straight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hv-bS76t0A

It's going to rain like 5-7" this week so most of the riding spots will probably be hosed. It's ok though as I want to go head up to a field up the road from me and do some drills. Slow riding, standing on the pegs, figuring out the bike on the whole type stuff. It tends to surprise me when it hits the power band so want to just get more comfortable on it on the whole without worrying about trees n poo poo. Basics basics basics. :cheers:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Deeters posted:

Somebody found a link for a free subscription to Dirt Rider for anyone who's interested: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3415037&pagenumber=27#post401843761

Not picking it up, but thanks for a kick rear end link. :cheers:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Hey, you take that thing off any sweet jumps lately? :D

First time out on an MX track, was really fun actually. This is a small little track that doesn't get a lot of traffic also is really good for beginners, lots of table tops.

My first time out I only did three laps due to :eek: and also death gripping the bars due to all the new stuff I was encountering. Such as JUMPS! I haven't really ever jumped a dirt bike so getting air(probably 6 inches or so) my first time out I was definitely going "WHOA THAT'S NUUUUTTTSSS" and had to take a quick break.

The track:

It basically just zig zagged with a bunch of hair pin turns and a lot of jumps. For the first part of the day I just putted around in second. By the end of the day I was cracking it up into third in a few spots.

Buddy getting some air, I took the pic too early.

My bike is set up for woods riding/single track/enduro type stuff. But that's ok, not like I was rocking triples or anything. The great thing about riding around on an MX track is it's repetitive. So you can practice various things such as plowing through turns and throttle control and jumps and mudholes and just TONS of stuff.

The most crowded my friend has seen the track.

One of my things was turns, and learning to slide the rear and the front. I actually almost highside trying to rip through a turn, I lost the front and when it caught it shot me back the other direction and the rear caught as well but I pulled it out. Also I definitely nose dived some jumps as well as had the front wheel WAY to high after launching off a few. Mostly just learning how to approach the jumps and what to do with the throttle. My only thing is that when I have a spooked out moment like the front being way the hell up in the air on a jump or getting really squirrelled through a turn I get lockbars(grip the bars really hard making your hands cramp) for a bit. I'll probably get over that though with experience.

There is also a natural spring right by the track which is great for cooling off. As well as on the other side a river that you can cool off in as well.

My Buddy's kid Zach, little homie is a MONSTER on an MX track.

Only bummer was it got dusty after a bit.

River in the back 40 of the track. It was way up high due to rain so we had to walk back there and cross a few places. Was super cool and yes I brought a few fishing poles and rolled back there with one once but nada biting.

Creek/river

Steve and Zach water crossing. IT WAS COLD. Also dirt boots turn into concrete blocks on your feet when you get them soaked.

River crossing.

Anyhow, was an awesome track, I didn't clear any table tops or do any doubles. I did get fast enough that on the small doubles part I was landing at the bottom of the next double instead of in the middle totally throwing myself off. Talking with my Buddy he advised "Yeah, you get to a point where you have to go faster or slow back down". Makes sense. Going to have to sack up probably next time I'm out to make it through that section.

Also got to ride closer to some actual fast guys. One guy hit a table top same time I did, I was roughly 1 foot in the air on it and he was flying at about shoulder height to me. I was like "HOLY poo poo THAT'S AWESOME" and I think he thought I was yelling at him or something. Whoops. Also I think the same guy was cutting the course a bit short through the place that didn't have any jumps so all of the sudden BAM he was right on my left, I flipped and hit the brakes right as he said "Keep going I'm watching you" but it was too late and he had to brake too and fell over. Oops, newb part on me. My other buddy there was kinda pissed at them for doing that though as apparently to him they weren't giving way when re-entering the track after cutting or something. Ah well.

Anyhow, it owned and I took my KTM off some SWEET jumps bros.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

VTNewb posted:

So what's your opinion of dirt so far? Would you recommend to others? For everyone?

I think it's awesome. :) Would definitely recommend it to others. The variety of terrain I have ridden has been pretty awesome and I've only been riding about 3 months. It's also kind of cool(I'm sure track guys will sympathize) to just unload and bam you're right where you are going to ride. Vs. riding highways for an hour to get to the twisty parts.

I'm not looking to sell my street bike or anything, but dirt has definitely been rad. Now I just gotta start working on my backflip so I can gather up them hoes and get my crew together ROCK N ROLL EXTREEEMMMMEEEE brap.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
So, most of the races and whatnot around here have 40+ divisions. Yes, this year I'll be turning 40(*sigh*), so thinking well I might enter a few of those too, who knows. Then I see this vid of the 40+ OCCRA race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg87UdoFnic

gently caress you 40+ division. I'll stay in beginner or amateur. eeeesh.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Are you still riding dirt at all? Or getting out of it to ride that crappy SV everywhere?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yikes!!! Well, glad you made it out alive if not unbroken. :( Hope you heal up quick.

I was going to ride in a race today that they've had posted for months but got something or other in my eye and scratched it or something so it's been bugging me and I don't want to put a contact in it. My goggles aren't the kind you can wear with glasses so I skipped it. The other reason I skipped was because they've had this race posted for at least a month, no schedule at all. Even after multiple requests still no schedule. I know a couple of other riders that are skipping it now due to no schedule.

Bummer is my buddy who txted me asking where I was, I told him who all wasn't going now and promptly got a txt back with "You are all fags", and then let me know the schedule which actually sounds awesome. All classes running individually, 3 lap races. He's running in two classes. I'm sure that kind of setup would have gotten more riders out there, no idea why they just didn't post how it was going to be run and general times for starts. :mad:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Portion of Red Trail at Stillwater. Bob said it was the easy part. It wasn't. I bitch a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audzEjBPcsY

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
It actually was a really fun trail. My thing is I'm still new and this was only my second time there so I had no idea what to expect. Backstory on me telling Bob "Don't think bob, stop thinking" was because this was actually one of the tougher parts of the red trail, but when we were getting on it it was "I think this is one of the easy parts" and the only thing I said I didn't want to do that day was steep uphills, that part had a good 3 or 4 that were WHOA gently caress steep to me and one was roots all over the top of it so I was bouncing around like a mad man on top. Made it through it all but drat if I wasn't "gently caress YOU BOB" lol.

At the end of the video where you hear me bitching it might sound like I'm mad but I'm not really. Bob and I are good bros and we banter like that a poo poo ton. I call him one of my other wives because we bitch back and forth like that so much. I listened to it again and was thinking "Hrm, I actually sound kind of mad there" which really I was like "gently caress this red trail and gently caress you Bob" lol but as bros go by the time we got back to the blue trail I was over it.

Long day of loving riding. Most I've done really thus far. Serious case of noodle arms. I need to get in better shape. I have video of pretty much the whole red trail and a lot of the blue trail but I'm slow and to anyone else it'd be boring as gently caress, so not posting that.

My main thing right now is experience and learning to assess things and my ability to handle them. As that gets better I won't care about not knowing what comes up next as much. As for that day, sweet gently caress I made it up some hills that if I had had another way to get around them there would have been NO WAY I would have tried them. I just used the "Go for it and pray" method there.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Tape Leg posted:

Practice bike skills before or after you go ride trails and such. Play around on rocks, hills and such right around your truck. Do this for a good 30 minutes every time you go ride and you will find that your skills will improve quickly. Focus on the things that worry you when you ride. The kind of things you don't want to come along on a trail. For me when I first started I was really scared of very steep downhills because I was worried I would gain too much speed and not be able to slow down again. I started looking for steep but short drops and tried to regulate my speed throughout. Basically I got a lot more comfortable with when and how much to use my front brake and realised that hey I won't wash my front all the time if I have weight on the front tire. Control your practice environment and disarm the obstacles that nag at you and you will improve significantly. If you have questions about any particular things on trails or in riding feel free to ask. I really, really fell in love with dirt biking when I lost any fear of obstacles and simply started reacting to things out of instinct rather than prethinking it. Once you reach that point it because fun on entirely different level.

Forgot to say thanks for this post. :cheers: Will start trying to do this.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
100?? Pssshh whateva! TTR110! Or CRF150F!

Actually my buddy has a flat track in his back yard, I need to get over there next Monday and see if he'll let me ride his bike(s) which consist of XR80's and XR100's on it and get used to sliding around a bit more. Still not used to having the bike go slip n sliding. Getting better at it, but not used to it.

A picture of my new brand best good riding buddy friend.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Good luck :) I was supposed to go ride today but found out I had a nail in the front tire around 8:30 or so and patch wouldn't hold it so ended up doing that today instead.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Saga posted:

Prepare to be hospitalized! (You will have a shitload of fun and also scare yourself shitless first, however.)

this is u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4XvYHn_b3M

lol no it's me, but it can be you. Buy gear. :cheers:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Everyone that I've talked to that has a YZ for woods riding, unless they are stupid fast, hasn't liked it and felt it held them back. Also the YZ, CRF###R, and SX bikes are going to come with a stiff suspension that you'll have to mod or really work on getting it set right. I'd look for a WR250/CRF250X/KTMXC/EXC/XC-W type bike that's pretty much ready for the woods vs. a bike that's ready for the track.

My 2 cents.

Rode this weekend at Hudson. Lots of wide open trails that circle back on each other. Was still good times. Still working on Stamina, after about 2-3 hours of riding I'm pretty wasted and done. Especially in 90 degree weather. Also no shade trees to park the trucks under. eesh.

Kicking around the idea of camping and doing Byrds this weekend after the cold front comes through. 800 acres of trails.

Pic from this weekend.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

n8r posted:

You might have more endurance if you stopped smoking.

Truth! I'm on it. Need to quit drinking as well. :(

echomadman posted:

Or started cooking for yourself instead of playing tic tac toe with the pizza guy.

Hey! I played tic tac toe with the Jimmy John's guy too, sammichs are healthy!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Z3n posted:

First day of dirt riding tomorrow! :woop:

Have the bike all prepped, just need to toss my gear in a bag, pack some food, and off I go!

Are you going solo for your first timeout dirt bike riding?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

tehk posted:

Also how does a four stroke make you nervous? They are super predictable to the point of boredom. Unless you are nervous of future repair cost.

For real. My buddy rode mine for awhile last weekend and later on we were talking and he goes "You have to fight that" *points to my 200* "you get to ride that" *points to his 500 4 stroke*. One of the things I've learned as a new rider is yeah, the 2 strokes vs. 4 stroke learning curve is a LOT steeper than just starting out on a 4 stroke. Again mostly due to predictability and 4t's not getting on the pipe which leads to a degree of insanity that I have learned to love.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

tehk posted:

It is a double edge sword. One thing the transition of new racers from Supermini to Lites tells us is that the ease of carrying speed on the 250F often ends with kids riding above their head. Which is why a lot of people are advocating bringing 125s back to the forefront as a stepping stone.

Well that would go with my point though, 4strokes are easier to ride so you're going to push way more limits vs. 2strokes have that punch that make you wary of them. 4 strokes = easy cheesy. 2 Strokes = loving AWESOME. /prettymucha2strokefanboynow.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
We're in the 100+ heat here in OK. That's just too effin hot to be geared up and riding around in the woods. I did go out to a friend of mines house and we played around with clutch ups and the plant your foot spin the rear tire around u-turns type stuff. He has a pool so ride for about 30 minutes sweating your butt off then go jump in pool.

I guess I can post up the mini bike beer chug race that we had about a month ago. 3 laps, chug a beer per lap.

This is a preview, lemme know if you want to see the full 8 min video I put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYKTIUrtKM

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Went out to Jandebeurs Motocross track this past Sunday. Good stuff! A LOT bigger jumps than they have out at Talequah track. Coming off a 10 foot or so double and landing in the middle of it with a suspension setup for trail riding = bottom right the hell out. Was really dusty but not miserable or anything. First time through trail that goes around it I ended up jacking up a 90 degree left turn and going to street tactics and grabbing a handful of front brake and sent myself tumbling. Woops.

Crew at Jbobs's: Noel, Steve, and Zach.

Moto, the track dog. Pretty much gave my left arm a bath in slobber while playing around with him.

We headed back to the tracks after that and played some more. Worked on getting into and out of turns, also being less of a wimp on jumps, mostly just kinda working on everything. Steve got a first hand view of me dumping the front in a turn and faceplanting. It seems that pretty much everytime I ride dirt I have someone say at some point in the riding "Man I wish I had my go pro on for that". :mad:

I have realized I need to definitely get some more upper body strength going on, after about an hour and a half my arms were noodles. Everything else was ok but my arms were going "NOPE EFF THIS" which I think is a combo of being out of shape as well as death gripping the bars on occasion, need to stay more loose. I think Noel was in about the same shape so we both called it quits about then. I stuck around after and played photographer for Steve and Zach for awhile.

A slew of pics I took.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Cooler weather means more dirtbiking! Here's from the race this past weekend.

Wanna see me center punch the bars with my chest? Of course you do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzzGmJFT7U

I think if I didn't wad it 3 times and almost go over the bars I probably would have had more stamina. Ungngngngng. Extended version of the race. Whee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7ElJsYs-A

Good times!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I gotta get a new go pro. Anyhow, Magic Mystery track wheee.

Quick vid of me wadding it up. Buddies of mine say they call this "Go Pro Mode" meaning basically soon as you have one on your head you're probably going to do something stupid and wad it. This was the fastest I had gone into the corner all day, reason, gopro. Yes, I need a new go pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIvMtSHYV6c

Longer vid with some more of the trials and track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0NQD7KuR90

Good times!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
edit: SNIPED!!! OMGOSH.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Selling my hero 1 for $125 shipped, includes 32g card!

Thanks! Probably going to hold out a bit and either really step up and get a gopro Hero3 or I figure the 2's are going to price drop huge here soon too.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

BlackMK4 posted:

Whoops. Go for it if you want it. :v:

Kidding, it's all you. Currently new tires are a bigger priority than a new go pro.

Speaking of... what kinda tires you guys favor? I'm still pretty new so "SUPER DUPER AWESOME GRIP" won't really mean a lot to me just yet, probably longer lasting vs. super awesome. Talking to a bro this weekend he was saying he really liked the pirellis for grip/wear time.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ahem. This is the DIRT BIKE thread. You'll need to plz be making yoru own DUAL SPORT thread. kthx.

I'm bullshitting. When is the next update on the ride report? I got to slept in bed and fine dining and venturing to the more unexplored part of Big Bend and it stopped. :mad:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Owns!! ^^

Also, vid stolen from broto cross but I crashed 7 times just watching this vid...

http://youtu.be/UYgu4QqA2YE

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
What's your time format? We're going from 1.5 hours +1 lap to 2 hours I believe here. I think I'm sticking in trail riders next year which is a 1 hour race for newbs. Not sure yet.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah, still being new I'll probably stick with trail riders - 1 hour. I'm not totally positive that the upper classes aren't 2 hours +1 lap. I've done 2 so far and managed absolute last place both times, but had fun and plan on doing more. First one was 11 mile lap in 1:54:22 hahaha. But in my defense I had 2 mechanicals(rear brake locked up because I adjused it the night before and it came loose, twice) and stopped to help a rider with bike issues. Second one I managed one lap and was ouutt. Scored 21 points total for the season though so fu I got a black jack whatup.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I've had a lot of fun on the moto-x tracks I've been on. On starter bikes not sure, I would go with 125/250 2 stroke or a 250 4 stroke for a starter. Probably get a beater as you're going to wad it for sure. Not sure how the price ranges compare but you could probably get a decent starter bike for around 1500-2000 US I would think. Or at least you can around here. Also talk to the guys at the club about it. Really from what I've found pretty much any aspect of motorcycle riding is very very welcoming to new members, dirt or street, both have welcomed newbie guys with open arms and I've gotten a ton of advice and help from locals.

Give it a go! I'll probably always be predominantly trail rider but I've done a few moto x tracks and those are super fun as well. Just don't have the balls to go pin it to win it to make a 100' double or some poo poo.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Oof, yeah 250 2 stroke prob not a good decision for starter bike for MX. 250 4 stroke would prob be more forgiving.

What is your previous experience motorcycle wise? I started out just this year on a KTM200EXC, it's a 2 stroke and I can honestly say the learning curve from 2 stroke to 4 stroke is definitely different. 2 strokes get into a LOT of power up top and do so REALLY quick like. Now the EXC is a woods bike though so it's still got a pretty good bottom end, but gets on the pipe and whoaaoaoa still. I can't even imagine an MX bike as beginning as you're pretty much always goign to need to be on the pipe and can't lug them around as much.

From my limited experience I would think that a 250 4 stroke would probably be ok. 250 2 stroke MX bike and yeah drat.

edit: If you want to check out learning factor on a 2 stroke lemme know, plenty of fall over/crash videos on my channel.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
RECORD. THAT. poo poo.

Also eff a 250 lol. Get a 4 stroke trail bike and learn on it first, let yer mom buy it, then step up to a bigger bike. Maybe a CRF230F would be a good first one I think. Learn to shift and all that jazz and how it all works. Just my 2 cents.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
http://youtube.com/dirtnewb

I think that should work. Lots of really slow falls/goofiness/binning it. :cheers:

I've gotten faster, but I'm still really slow. If you go from the first vid you can see some slight progression. :)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
So, on loading motorcycles. I first watched Noel load his and he would load it in his truck sideways so he could slide the ramp under the bike in between the wheels and also shut the tail gate. This was a very nice way to load I thought. So I adopted this style.

See, tail gate shut, ramp in between the wheels, Cooler and gas can I don't have to worry about sliding out. I have since grown unhappy with this style of loading though as it tends to lean the bike to the right pretty hard core putting most of the weight on the left strap. Have been thinking about adopting a different style of loading but haven't put that into practice yet. Today, loading to go ride, I have the bike in sideways like that, I have the straps on which I thought I had snug enough, I get out of the truck to tighten them down fully and the bike starts to move a bit, no biggy it's going to move the straps aren't tight yet.

Well it moved a lot. As in fell right the eff over as the left hand strap was way loose. This caused the bars to rotate as it fell resulting in this...

I'll be putting it in straight ahead from now on I think. If I had it like that today it would have just donked on the side of the truck bed and been fine. Ah well. Window is now replaced. Calling it a day for today. Want to know how to freak your wife out? Bust your window while loading your dirt bike. Then go get window replaced. Next day, start loading your dirt bike again and watch her go :eek: wondering if you're going to break the brand new one.

Bah! I had such a rad set of stickers on the one I just smashed too. Going to have to re sticker up. :(

Silver fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah only bad thing about that is it still tilts as the front wheel pivots, tried a couple of different styles. I have a camper shell I don't use anymore, going to see if someone wants to trade that for an extended tail gate. I run a strap on the back left side too as well. Today was just a whoops didn't snug it before hopping out of the truck to pull it tight.