Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeeting themselves into oblivion is standard operating procedure for TrailTech stuff. The good news is it will usually still work after that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In general, if you’re paying less than $150-200 for a brand new carb, it’s a fake

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

to be fair, literally every bike feels like a tank next to a trials bike. They dont even have a drat seat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, falling off is just part of dirt biking, especially so in the beginning

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I used to ride a bunch of trails as a teenager on my MTB (no suspension GT Talera, triple triangle gang), and while there were certainly things that stopped me in my tracks and were difficult to the point of impassibility while I was actually riding the bike, the fact that you can just pick it up and walk mostly alleviates the possibility of being truly stuck.

If you've ever dealt with a dirtbike laying on its side in the mud while your hands are shaking from arm pump and you're winded as poo poo, it's a whole other type of problem

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean an old rear end KDX

:rip: KDX, you died how you lived, overheating in the UP

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am kissing my mountainbike right this very moment

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ChocNitty posted:

Thanks. I found a better video of a guy doing the same tour. Judging by the 15 year old dirt bike videos on his channel, he was a very seasoned rider, and the title of the video speaks for itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8B_aISMHk

Normally I'd be all in on a video where a guy yells gently caress in the first 5 frames, but my guy is eating poo poo on two inch tree roots and stuff.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it doesn't seem too awfully extreme in the bit I watched. To attempt to be fair to him, gopro video tends to flatten out elevation and make it look not at all steep when it actually is, perhaps thats whats going on?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 19, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s a sick doon setup m8, looks fun as hell

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats sick. Doon break-in is probably the most fun break in you could have

What app did you use to record that GPS track?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Strava lol. I log em as ebike rides

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also the ones that completely cup and cover your engine, aside from holding heat, reflect every single decibel back up at your face, which can make riding more tiring and distracting.