Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

EX250 Type R posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4t48q9Fuc

I replaced my clutch discs and rode in the woods. Open invitation for pizza and beer if anyone wants to help rut some poo poo up and make something fun out here.

Edit: durr

rally fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

M42 posted:

I did my first ever single track yesterday! My only dirt experience is a cornerspin weekend. I didn't actually know this was gonna be a singletrack ride so the first circuit I did was pants making GBS threads, especially since all my friends bailed and I had no one to follow/get advice from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLWAMJVntSo

This was my last run, the dirt was churned up and dried out so it was basically deep sand in a lot of spots and I was super tired. I'm slow af, using my feet a lot, have no idea what to do with ruts or bumpy downhills. I had a loving blast. Super sore. Can't wait to go again.

e: the second person I stop by is a badass motherfucker with a prosthetic leg

With the ruts, bumpy stuff, and really everything, just stand up more. And if you’re gonna sit down sit as far forward as possible. Sitting back like that is definitely gonna gently caress you up.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I usually just clutch in and coast if it’s really steep.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m jealous. All we have here is dusty ground up granite, huge rocks, and a few small puddles.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Russian Bear posted:

Your own expectations set up your disappointment and the guide was total poo poo.

Pretty much. I’ve been riding dirt bike on trails in Colorado for about 8 years and I can imagine not having fun by the end of an all day riding excursion in Thailand even now on my own bike. I probably ate poo poo hard at least 100 times in my first dozen or so times on the trails and my “guides” were my much more experienced danger and speed loving friends so I totally feel your pain. I remember they had me start on some lovely old KTM 450. The first day ever on a dirt bike was wild for me.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Slavvy posted:

I'll add that I've had people tell me MTB's are, like, super physical mannn. But in reality if you take pedalling out of the equation they are like riding a weightless cloud of fellatio compared to even a relatively small dirt bike. And you can jump off and walk whenever you feel like it, even carry the thing over obstacles and poo poo! I feel spoiled every time I jump on my MTB.

I always want to twist the throttle. gently caress pedaling.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Being in Colorado I am so jealous of that dirt. Everything within two hours is all crushed granite and roots.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
On that note I live in Denver and cannot be the only person who is starting to feel like it’s lawless enough out there to start taking cutty empty lot routes and what not through the city. Real trails are over an hour away and some of the urban construction / blight terrain looks legit fun.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
All of my friends and I use hitch racks to haul our bikes around. It’s a mix of KTM 300, 350, and 450s and we all seem to have no problems with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Guess we can stop worrying about cooper.