Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

http://owners.honda.com/assets/OWNERLINK/model/own_man/powersports/2005/2005_CRF250X.pdf
-that's just the first result on google that was close enough.

Often offroad bike maintenance schdules are based upon 'competition' intervals. So if you want the bike to make the max power you've gotta do the piston every 15hr (lol) - and the chain every 7.5 (??).

Given what I've seen about your previous offroad bike experience and the bikes you owned - you do *not* need a 2017 CRF250X unless money is no object and you don't mind the maintenance intervals. If you want less maintenance and similar weight/performance get a two stroke bike.

If you don't need the power, but still want the light weight, I would look into plating one of the aircooled offroad specific bikes. A CRF230F is still quite light and isn't going to require anywhere near the level of maintenance. It'd make for a good trail bike for moderate speed stuff. I got rid of my YZ450F because my riding bros are flakes, but if I was going to get another plated trail bike I'd look at a legalized aircooled bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Huh
How much?

Edit: Do the poker run.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

shacked up with Brenda posted:

NHMX this weekend

Video shows me on the Yam, buddy Tom on the KTM 250 XC, and Anna on the 250. This is lap 14, we all passed eachother like 100 times. Super fun.

https://i.imgur.com/pUHEXXx.mp4

Draggin' your feet around asking to gently caress up your legs. Just FYI.