Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I feel like I should think that is cool, but I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to convey. Endurance mile markers, mayhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Vague post ahead. I want to pick up a small, old dirtbike (I've been looking at 85s recently), but I know jack poo poo about this segment of motorcycles. I just want something junky, but still operational, to dick around on and teach family members to ride.

What models should I keep in mind, and what should I be expecting to pay for something less-than-pristine?

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 20, 2013

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

VTNewb posted:

Yamaha TTR110 is my pick. E-start, bulletproof, 700bux-ish

n8r posted:

You want something air cooled and four stroke.

Thanks guys, off to Craigslist I go

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/3712929824.html

If this has good compression, I can only assume a still-dirty carb, bad plug, needs valve adjustment, or something like a clogged fuel line. I know the 400s are indestructible, but how are these 125s? Would this be a pretty safe buy?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
edit: ignore me