Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

flawless

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Paranormal/Conspir

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
real obvious, but

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
100% of instances where someone walks into a museum and destroys or defaces some of the art in the museum are good and cool

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Ai said Wednesday that he did not agree with Caminero's tactic.

"Damaging other people's property or disturbing a public program doesn't really support his cause," Ai said in an interview in Beijing.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
see how YOU like it, way way [causes a million dollars of irreparable damage in one motion]

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXI_hVTC-cA

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
i didnt manage to watch all of it so please extend my congratulations/sympathies to your friend

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
A discussion between Horowitz and The Hard Thing Hard Thing

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

i had completely forgotten about the flashbulb. jeez

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Music Doctor, Lone Egg Blogger and Four Chan Smuggle Pitbull to Alaska

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

ManoliIsFat posted:

i'm sure i'm the same way with slowness, but like I just take it as a cost of not killin myself.

yeah

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

JohnnyC posted:

watching him talk about any record is excruciating since he has no context (or bad context) for anything released before like 2009 and just sort of fumbles around at words to describe things ("its noise... punk... heavy rock" "it's classic... funky... chilled-out rap" "it's, uh, old school... twangy... country"). he is an extremely shallow vessel

yeah, like, 'internet's busiest music nerd' really feels like the limit of his aspiration, he never seems to have a motivation beyond chiming in with an opinion about any album anyone else is expressing opinions about. all his reviews feel like someone was forcing him to assess the album at gunpoint. oneohtrix is kiiindaaaasortaaaa [wiggles hands uncertainly] on the... experimental side of things

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
really devastatingly takin the fantano-mano to task here

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
please do not disrespect Teddy Boy Greg

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

!!

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
man this can't be real

Book to Movie Adaptations - Ever read a book and then went to see the movie adaptation and almost ripped your hair out? Ever seen a movie and then bought the book and read it and almost ripped your hair out? We know the feels. Talk about those feels here with other feelsy people, discuss how angry certain adaptations made you feel, admire those you thought were well done. Talk about ALL the books and movies!

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Agents of SHIELD: Level 1 - Become an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Random convention goers, or those who sign up, will be trained as a new recruit to be a part of S.H.I.E.L.D through LARP-style training.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

sector_corrector posted:

did the ball pit / bounce house ever happen, though?

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Dash Con was able to steal thousands of dollars from children by claiming to know dem feels

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Dash Con: First 10 minutes of Up. Futurama dog. We know those feels, haha. "Them feels." Frozen Song, Adventuretime genderswap, ahhhh the feels. The ragtag sprawl of the View Askewniverse? So awe, much feels. Need to talk with some feelsy folk? Looks like Dash Con is a Thing. Genreshaming? Kinkshaming? Gendering the hero? Uhh, "Can u not." Whedon Feminist? [visibly squinting at teleprompter] Doctor Who? Neil Gaiman Whedon, and Whedon Google and Whedon GIF. Fandom envy. A battered, bleeding Homestuck troll looks defiantly toward a burning horizon. Empowerment in Kill la Kill. Dark Whedon. Chubby flustered Zangoose tugs at tight one-piece swimsuit

Child: I need to give you seventeen thousand dollars.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

sector_corrector posted:

grats darley-wilkinson, someone on facebook stole your funny rear end post about dashcon. unless this is you.

lol what the hell. no that's not me

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Gaspar Lewis posted:

it implies other people read this forum and that's still a bizarre concept for me

i've met a couple people irl who read phiz and/or fyad but don't wanna post. also i mean i've been lurking since 2007 and have only been posting for maybe a year

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
phiz is really intimidating if you're in high school and like radiohead, because in the phiz forum everyone says that's entry level and they do terrifying poo poo like going to crust shows and sleeping on a couch in a warehouse

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
that's much better than the still life vid

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
i thought the still life vid was a step in a cool direction but was kind of clumsy, the narration was too literal and (lol) so many of the pictures were like really obvious 4chan poo poo i remember from when i was 14. this one leaves much more unsaid and is more interesting for it

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Fred Durst: [heaves sigh] So... anybody excited for the Halo maps...

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
"Does anybody watch Dr Steve Brule because if you do you are my friend immediately. Friend me." -Fred Durst

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

oof.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Mike_V posted:

lmao this guy hasn't changed hsi subject matter at all in 20 years http://nemper.deviantart.com/art/The-Longest-Night-page-305-472197501

this is exactly like a dennis cooper book

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
this guy's fetish requires like dozens of unruly teenage boys murdering and partying and suffocating people with their feet and dismissively killing authority figures forever in a nightmare that doesn't end. 300 pages of this

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
actually, he's referring to the trippiest nin video of all time

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007