Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

a false posted:

The Blood Brothers - Under Pressure :joel::ocelot::krakken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

STEVIE B 4EVA posted:

sorry steve...crustacean djs are where its at

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

wayfinder posted:

wayfinder remains the best pic poster

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

<---trashcan

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ManoliIsFat posted:

<---trashcan

shut ur lid

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

i don't get that joke at all. and i am literally the authority on girl talk hate.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

that first secret diary track i really feel and is basically a style that i really identify + on a good day I sound exactly like. (i just don't have the patience to do it small as he did it)

my bff used to make all his beats in digital performer. hundreds of clips just kinda laid out their floating in space un-snapped to anything i thought he was crazy and that's what he used to sound like. it was kinda cool but nothing i came back to. then he gets caught up in his success he'll forever be known for djing the college festival circuit for a couple years.

did u know sex is down with sa twitter crew? i think i saw that recently

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

low quality jpeg posted:

whos sex?? do yu mean cex?

lol ya autocorrect

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Debunk posted:

realtalk, this is more interesting than watching a dude hit play on his laptop. something like this with better music and dancing could be cool. e.g. with better motion tracking, some pro max/msp/jitter dude, and dj rashad you could make a crazy tool for footwork dudes

ya but like its just twisting knobs with your arms and feet instead of fingers. i love quality visuals at raves but really you shouldn't be staring at the dj like its a rock concert (unless your a nerd like me and wanna scoff at him) you should be groovin

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Fluo posted:

Plan B wearing a Skrewdriver tshirt.

hahahahahaha

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

dangerdoom volvo posted:

someone wrote GABBER on my irl house. dont know what to feel

honored

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

heavy

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

pretty good but post-punk should def be level 2 with indie, but also reflects how the would has changed

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

this one is for my hardcore electronic musics dudes most especialy HTML5 http://laptopfaces.tumblr.com/ (curated by tony eustachian)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

[if u recognize 4 or more dudes on that page u can be my bro]

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Sitting Bull posted:

idk about that thing but eustachian is v good. was listening to old lycan dirtbox radio sets last night and thinking about how much i like eustachian.

lol then how could u not love a series of quintessential breakcore faces bro. the confusion, the absolute freaking out throwing ur body around, the ironic BOOM to the keyboard... real staples. all those dudes are hard as hell except like girltalk+aoki

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Sitting Bull posted:

oh lol i just mean i don't recognize any of them bc i never go to shows unless its free bc i am poor. i got into girl unit last month and left 15 mins into his set, wasn't very good. honestly our local dj/producer who organizes 90% of the shows in town had a way better set and gets like 0 recognition.

ya but that's hipster poo poo i'm talking about stuff no one likes

[what kinda stuff does that local dude spin?]

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ahahahahahahahaha

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Sitting Bull posted:

hes called dj longshanks but i think he produces under a different name maybe. the stuff of his i like sounds sorta like untold, and he told me one time untold is one of his influences. in his sets i'll only really recognize maybe a quarter of the songs, though. hes got really good taste, and basically runs the scene in town.
lol i don't know anything except he likes untold. you don't have to know the artists to describe it. chin strokey dubstep? laid back dubstep? nighty sluggy clickiness? how futuristic were the cars in this garage? mainstream funky or underground funky? moody epic trap hats?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7H_hy98ec ahahahahaha are u kidding me an indie night transitioning to a bloghouse night NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

i am DYING lolling

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ras Het posted:

arcade fire, techno, crazy hip hop.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

low quality jpeg posted:

i think i recognise drumcorps and droon?? is that dj hidden with the long hair/headband?

lol i thought it was girl talk

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

-DFW

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Lex Kramer posted:

what mixer is that

vestax bunchaknobs

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

idk if any of you dudes have actually been to a rave but it IS actually mostly 14yos

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

loooooooooooooool

too funny, i just listened to that album again on friday night after not listening for years and barely remembering what it sounded like. good poo poo

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

aaaaaaaaaaahaha

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Famous goons in PHIZ:

1. Opening act for the deadliest catch road show
2. Friends with fat kid method man yelling at.
3. DJ Crabhat

yaaaaaaaaaa

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha literally lollin

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

can't stop thinking about this

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

TC_ posted:

That song might be aimed at parents.
lol i think that's exactly it. who remembers that song AND that movie? only parents

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

to the tick tock you don't stop

(amazing, thank you for this. i think i'd rather play this than the orig)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

seriously, i only think in "my perogative" parodies now

"my lovely kid"
"my artery, carotid"
"Foucault's dispositif"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

i do not think i have ever heard music quite like that

ahahah for real its terrifying

ManoliIsFat