Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

fanon is just like story or character that is accepted among the fans but is not present in the text. things like names for small extra characters and things like that

its a term in pretty much every fandom not just mlp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

etcetera08 posted:

fandom

if you've got a better term for 'the community of people and shared culture surrounding popular artistic works' then let me know

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

beiberforone.jpg

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

phiz anti-goon + anti-vidya game sentiment aside shut up and jam gaiden is a work of art

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

guys don't overdo it

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

there's a giant painting that's almost exactly that (pre-winehouse and with a few more people added) at trinity brewhouse in providence ri

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

PaulyWalnuts posted:

thanks for confirming my suspicions re: the people in that photo

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loIUe0iCHBE

i REALLY hope his little brother in the mac miller shirt is the producer

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

would be cool to do something like that in a real bar for a negroni machine (bc of the simple proportions) where you can pick the type of gin, type of amaro, and type of vermouth and you just insert a 5 dollar bill or something. people already do negronis "on tap" in some bars so why not do a vending machine

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

dumbskull posted:

how big is williamsburg geographically?

this is debatable but the hipsteriest part is like 20x20 blocks

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

hahaha i just djed at this venue last night it's like this weird jazz club kind of setup. just imagine a bunch of seniors sitting at tables with 10$/person minimums watching the misfits on halloween

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

a false posted:

it's not laid out like that for Band Shows

even the top floor? keep in mind when i say 'dj' i mean 'play for an hour to nobody before some rando indie pop dudes play to nobody' these are definitely Band Shows but i could see if they wouldn't bother moving furniture

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

a false posted:

honestly i am not sure what would compel any artist to agree to play there esp. considering that if you can fill a room that size you have ample options in new york

yeah.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

chopper city posted:

dont even act like yall dont love phil fish he looks exactly like everyone of you

nah bro i look like a kpop singer who larps and has celiac sprue

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

some of that last set were kinda adorable but then again i just found pics of my friends and i cosplaying from 2003 so i'm feeling really nostalgic and just wanna talk to these/all teens and show them cool stuff and help them expand their horizons instead of laughing at them

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

i mean like these

look like genuinely nice if naive kids who would probably be really enthralled by having a Cool College Student Or Adult around and would be really receptive to learning about cool older non-rave music and their lives would probably be enriched by it. we can and should definitely be laughing at/denouncing the marketing of stuff like party photography and bloghouse club trappings to teens + tweens but lets not veer off into a priori hatred and objectification of these ingenue

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Ras Het posted:

what if they start thinkign theyre cool too and throw embarrassing kizomba parties full of white new englanders in A Loft

i'd hope that they throw embarassing black metal/powerelectronics/grindcore parties full of white new englanders in A Loft instead but If You Love Someone, Let Them Go

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

idgi

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

i work on this block, two doors further down from the corrugated tin roof on the left. that sign is lame.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

nice speak no americano remix at 1:17

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

seriously though there's all this stuff about how "edm has made dance music the dominant pop style for the first time in history" and thats totally bullshit i mean look at this video and tell me that dance music was somehow a secret underground thing for the past 30 years. its such a ridiculous but constantly repeated narrative

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

quote:

smilk ju-

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

wait so is that or is that not about the peter molyneux game

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

cf posted:

got a G? want an acrylic painting of cammy?

i see poo poo like this all the time and i just wonder how these people don't get sued. like if you're doing fanart or something maybe its a grey area but exact reproductions of the original sprites?

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

whats the scoff? this vending machine is backstage at medium-large venues across america

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

bjork didnt even sing

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Spaceman Bill posted:

i dont understand owlbears

an old wizard once thought that the sharply honed senses of an owl and the unrelenting strength and stamina of a bear, once combined, would create the ultimate killing machine

and they were right

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

i really cant believe that those arent patton oswalt cosplaying

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

i was like "is that person behind him providence comic artist mickey z?" and i went to her web sight and it is. and then i learned that was will laren. cool. cool comic dudes

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

bill hader in the middle there looking gaunt these days

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

bows1 posted:

This is my neighbor irl

how many provi kids post in this forum

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

prog dads do tend to skew libertarian, rush etc

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

one of those things is not like the others

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

where does this guy live because i swear i saw him at a bar the other day

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

how likely is it do you think that the dudes charging to see the banksy actually work for him and are part of the art? making megarich UES art patrons travel to the most hurt neighborhood in brooklyn and interact with graffiti in its most natural setting+ redistribute some of the wealth being made from the appropriation of urban creativity?

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

TC_ posted:

how's your first year of art school treating you?

being held back 20 consecutive years seems to be treating banksy just fine so i think i'm on the right path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

is that red fang? lmao

• Locked thread