Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
anti-archives bump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Come talk about your rusty subarus on IRC:
Server: irc.synirc.net
chan: #newenglandai

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

chrisgt posted:

Why am I banned from this?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Kilonum posted:

Why am I banned from this?

I don't know who you are.... what's your nick on IRC? I didn't ban your SA name...

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

chrisgt posted:

Agreed, we are having a fun time!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

chrisgt posted:

I don't know who you are.... what's your nick on IRC? I didn't ban your SA name...

Same as my SA name. Might be a IP or hostmask ban (ends in hsd1.ma.comcast.net)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Anyone want my filthy Charger?: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/2006-dodge-charger-v8-pursuit/6327647897.html
Big goon discounts on offer.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Kilonum posted:

That's weird because I don't have any masks that match any part of that or your nick.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh poo poo I should get on IRC again sometime. New job is harder to IRC at...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
At the risk of sounding like a millenial, I really like Discord, we should make one of those.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Things I have: Discord

Things I do not have: IRC

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
IRC 4 lyfe

it ain't even hard to get. gently caress a discord, there's already an AI slack if you wanna have a bloated IRC experience.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kilonum posted:

It should work now, we had a blanket ban on anyone in the #bots channel apparently.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The Ty Rod's 44th annual fall swap meet is this Sunday at Stafford Motor Speedway. Anyone going? I think im going to put my s10 in cars for sale, try to put some cheddar together for my '53 project.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I never miss it but I usually just end up buying nothing but beer.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Hmmmmmmmmm what completely unnecessary trash am I going to spend my hard earned cash on this time?

Seriously though I'm glad you mentioned it, I got my mt2500 scanner there this spring and I've easily already gotten my money's worth out of it. We'll probably be there.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Does that scanner have the capability to pair a 98 Cherokee key fob to the truck?

I will at least buy a sausage egg and cheese this year, I dont really need much else, but just enjoy being amongst my people.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
poo poo, I'd love to go but can't make it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

always be closing posted:

Does that scanner have the capability to pair a 98 Cherokee key fob to the truck?

I will at least buy a sausage egg and cheese this year, I dont really need much else, but just enjoy being amongst my people.

Nope. Only goes to 96 right now and I'm not sure it can do stuff like pairing. You can buy pre-paired remote fobs and receiver PCBs at the junkyard or on eBay sometimes though.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Yeah I think I am going to end up doing that.

Anybody buy anything today? I bought a sata3000 digitial hvlp gun and some skirts for my 53, which ended up not fitting.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

We showed up around noon and bought 30 bucks worth of old metal CDs, a spare wheel for the Roadmaster, a pickaxe, and something else I can't remember. I had my eye on an OBD2 pro grade diagnostics tool for 300 and then remembered that Torque exists and I have a smartphone and an ELM327 dongle... Almost bought a real AC refrigerant recovery machine for 20, then 10, then 5, but decided I don't have enough shop space to justify that.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
So how's everyone handling the freezing loving cold?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I'm like, actually mad at how cold it's been for this long. gently caress

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I trickle charged my battery but that's about it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Anyone have recs for an exhaust shop around Boston? I'm considering having a shop do the 'gundo hack' to my 911 exhaust:

Seems pretty straightforward; anything wrong with having Lou's Custom Exhaust do it?

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game

shy boy from chess club posted:

I'm like, actually mad at how cold it's been for this long. gently caress

I’m mad at how long it’s going to stay cold.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
First winter owning a house and god drat if I don't get anxious about oil levels and freezing pipes.

Plus side my dog hasn't figured out to piss and poo poo in the house to avoid going outside yet.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Just had a kid so having this, and next week off is amazing. gently caress 10 hours outside in this poo poo.

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Anyone know if Team O’Neil Rally School is doing another open practice day this winter, like last year? I haven’t heard anything and I want to go beat my rusty clam some more.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I have underground parking until next Tuesday when I move into my new home and then will have to keep a jump starter on hand.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Konrad posted:

I’m mad at how long it’s going to stay cold.

No kidding, fuckin bullshit man

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Konrad posted:

Anyone know if Team O’Neil Rally School is doing another open practice day this winter, like last year? I haven’t heard anything and I want to go beat my rusty clam some more.

I'm still on their mailing list and didn't see anything. Last time tore the big rust hole on my charger to twice the size; not sure I wanna risk any more before I sell it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kimbo305 posted:

I'm still on their mailing list and didn't see anything. Last time tore the big rust hole on my charger to twice the size; not sure I wanna risk any more before I sell it.

If you could tear a rust hole bigger that easily, everything around it was already rust anyway. You are just being a more honest seller, plus you can include with the car pictures of it sliding on dirt which they can show to their friends and pretend was theirs.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If you could tear a rust hole bigger that easily, everything around it was already rust anyway. You are just being a more honest seller, plus you can include with the car pictures of it sliding on dirt which they can show to their friends and pretend was theirs.

I patched it up and will definitely disclose how rusty it was/is.
It was like 3" long before the test day, 6" long after, and a full foot (though not much wider) once I pulled all the rust off before patching.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So like every car in New England then.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Pretty much. When I see a rusty car, I go "that'll do, car"

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

BigPaddy posted:

Salt life.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Took my car on a road trip yesterday and now I'm rockin the New England two tone.

(Salt bottom, original color top)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The cold is super accelerating my battery's death :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

I spent a few days in Quebec, -20F over night. My big dumb toyota with 236k miles fires up and works like a champ every single time. I generally really hate cars, but this one is growing on me.

• Locked thread