Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Billy Tully posted:

drat, that sucks. Couldn't you talk to the fire chief in town and see if you could get a one day permit or something?

if I'd asked first, maybe... they probably won't give me anything for quite a while now that I've been busted.

We can have a fire, just not a big one. i.e. the flames should be like 2-3 feet tall maximum.

May 12th sounds like a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh, that's still cool. Campfire size is good. I thought you wouldn't be able to have one at all.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
What about thermite?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Opensourcepirate posted:

What about tannerite?

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Opensourcepirate posted:

What about tannerite?

Yessss. I'm pretty sure he said no guns, sadly. I'd love to bring my Saiga .308 along, otherwise.

Obviously I'm in for May 12th.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I'm thinking about having a wrench day for you guys at my place sometime this summer and we can shoot guns here if you really want to.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
thermite - yes, as long as it's during the day and the flames are therefore not as impressive.

tannerite - no, unless we do it in a sandpit far far away from my property somewhere

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
May 12th works for me too

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
May 12th might work for me... gotta see what the ocean brings.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I think the 12th works for me too.

Billy Tully posted:

I'm thinking about having a wrench day for you guys at my place sometime this summer and we can shoot guns here if you really want to.

I need a wrench day.

like a "how many lovely little things can I fix in one day" day.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

if we're talking about lovely little things I need a wrench *week*. Maybe a wrench month.

I think each of my jeeps has a list of problems longer than al capone's rap sheet.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the 12th. I'll bring beer and some stuff to grill up. What's on the docket to be sacrificed to the AI gods?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

SwashedBuckles posted:

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the 12th. I'll bring beer and some stuff to grill up. What's on the docket to be sacrificed to the AI gods?

This is sounding better all the time.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I will have a destroyed 4.0 to either destroy further (I'm betting we can find a way to make it run outside a vehicle...) or disassemble and figure out what's wrong with it.

Hopefully will have a quad to ride around in the woods and be stupid on.

Almost certainly will still have a cherokee to hit with the pickaxe and wood cutting axe until everyone's arms fall off.

Definitely will have a big pile of firewood to burn in a massive normal sized campfire.

Definitely will have significant quantities of beer to be consumed, and an air raid siren to set off (possibly.)

Definitely will have several jeeps and/or the 5-ton to drive around in the woods...

Probably a small motor or two to blow up, but not too sure on that.

I have all the tools anyone could ever want for a wrench day and two welders + related equipment if people feel like fabricating stuff.

Anyone bringing motors / other stuff to cause amazing mechanical failures with?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I can definitely find some small engines to blow up, both 2 and 4 stroke. If someone brings the gallium we can put it on the aluminum heads and see how gnarly that will be. If anyone has any nitrous bottles hanging around we should try that on some of the blow up engines also.

For food do we want to just do a potluck, roast a pig or chip in and get a bunch of pizza or something? I'll also bring beer, can't be running out of that for sure.

e: I have vag-com for any VW/Audi guys that show up. Let me know if you want me to bring it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

hmmmm. I just realized I should pull a honking huge turbo off something at the junkyard before this. We can try to blow up small motors with big turbos and max throttle.

I have a mid sized charcoal grill and am not opposed to getting another smaller one or something. My plan was to get a BBQ going and everyone can put whatever they want on it (I'll grab a whole bunch of burgers and dogs for those who aren't picky) - the Big Bunny supermarket is literally 3 blocks away, so getting food is easy till around 6pm when they close. Then it's about 2 miles to the Shaws on 131.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh yea, I have a huge charcoal grill I can bring. Its one of the half-smoker kind.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'll bring beer and see what I can dig up for motors.

I REALLY like the idea of big turbo small motor.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The spool time will give you guys plenty of time to get to a safe distance :v:

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Does anyone have a big terra cotta pot they can bring for us to put the thermite in? (It probably won't survive)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Opensourcepirate posted:

Does anyone have a big terra cotta pot they can bring for us to put the thermite in? (It probably won't survive)

added to my home depot shopping list for tomorrow morning.

(no guarantees that it doesn't get destroyed with a pellet gun by then, but I'll pick up another if it does)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

big turbo small motor sounds perfect

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

hmmmm. I just realized I should pull a honking huge turbo off something at the junkyard before this. We can try to blow up small motors with big turbos and max throttle.

I have a mid sized charcoal grill and am not opposed to getting another smaller one or something. My plan was to get a BBQ going and everyone can put whatever they want on it (I'll grab a whole bunch of burgers and dogs for those who aren't picky) - the Big Bunny supermarket is literally 3 blocks away, so getting food is easy till around 6pm when they close. Then it's about 2 miles to the Shaws on 131.

I have a junk T25 sitting on the floor next to me here at work, plus a lawnmower that needs to die a horrible death. This turbo is seriously as bad as a turbo can get. When I was running it in my NG900 I had my own giant smoke screen everywhere I went, with endplay so bad the impeller hit the casting and broke a few vanes off. I can bring both. Hell, I should bring this turbo just so people can laugh at it. It's a horrible failure unto itself.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

May 12th it is.

I'll dig through the junk pile this weekend. I might have a briggs that needs to die.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

For those wanting to take the rocks/dirt/big dumb truck route into Southbridge for this, I just ran it in 2WD in my MJ at around 20mph. It hurt, a lot, but it was a blast... and I'm 100% certain that almost any stock 4wd vehicle or tallish/awesome 2wd pickup will make it through.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

kastein posted:

For those wanting to take the rocks/dirt/big dumb truck route into Southbridge for this, I just ran it in 2WD in my MJ at around 20mph. It hurt, a lot, but it was a blast... and I'm 100% certain that almost any stock 4wd vehicle or tallish/awesome 2wd pickup will make it through.

I'm rebuilding the old GL! So maybe I'll take the challenge :D

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I want to get drunk (and stoned if I'm working again by then) and ride shotgun in the Jeeps in the woods.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I want to get drunk (and stoned if I'm working again by then) and ride shotgun in the Jeeps in the woods.

I know several excellent sources in the area for the purchase of such adult substances.. But the consumption of said substances is at the host's discretion and best discussed offline, of course.

Alternatively, you gents have any interest in a New England AI irc channel?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I don't care what people consume as long as it doesn't result in open warfare and no one gets arrested. Lolbertarian here :spergin:

I'm down for an IRC channel, I'm already on like 30, what's one more? Already on EFNet, DalNet, and a few smaller nets. Same nickname.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I'm down, I'm in IRC all the time anyway

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

I don't care what people consume as long as it doesn't result in open warfare and no one gets arrested. Lolbertarian here :spergin:

I'm down for an IRC channel, I'm already on like 30, what's one more? Already on EFNet, DalNet, and a few smaller nets. Same nickname.

Nodoze posted:

I'm down, I'm in IRC all the time anyway

Edit : Nothing to see here, #NewenglandAI is where it's at. irc.synirc.net!

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 29, 2012

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I'm on TFR's IRC channel on synirc frequently. I could get onboard with this though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'm idling the ones ACE listed, he's idling it when his connection isn't on the blink.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

ACEofsnett posted:

I went ahead and decided to chill in #newenglandai on synirc.net, the good old goon irc server, but #ai seems to be the happening place anyway. Might as well just join #AI

NOoooooooooo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Stick to #newenglandai guys, #ai is busy enough as it is.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

yeah looks like some guy with cali induced "irc is srs bznz" rage just banned us all

oh well no big, as he said we got our own channel for talking about rust in!

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

yeah looks like some guy with cali induced "irc is srs bznz" rage just banned us all

Yeah, well, it is what it is.

Also, we have a facebook group now. Check out the IRC channel for details, to keep updated on the upcoming meetup.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Augh gently caress I'm so sorry everyone, it's going to snow saturday.

kastein posted:

As previously mentioned in other threads, #ai is very specifically about posting pictures of dogs in the back of Porsches and banning people who join for being Zordon.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 29, 2012

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Muffinpox posted:

Augh gently caress I'm so sorry everyone, it's going to snow saturday.

Nice, another week I can procrastinate on my snow tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Muffinpox posted:

As previously mentioned in other threads, #ai is very specifically about posting pictures in the back of Porsches and banning people who join for being Zordon.

You'd have to be a member of the inner sanctum to get it.

• Locked thread