Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'm about equidistant between Boston and Providence :shobon:

During the summer I usually go to Lowell for MINI meets, and there are also Subaru people that meet in a parking lot across the street from the ice cream place we go to

I've also gone out west on rides around the quabin area and that is fun as long as you aren't stuck behind the Harley dudes putting around at 30mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kastein posted:

To give an idea of what I can get away with out here, I've had several dozen 30' bonfires, many days of using an angle grinder and a lot of air tools, a few drunken nights that involved firing the air raid siren up, and more fireworks than I can count fired off here... and the police have never shown up. Usually my neighbors either show up for the party already drunk, or don't care. They don't really like REALLY loud noises after about midnight.

There was also the time I put a quart of gasoline in an aluminum fire extinguisher cylinder and threw it in the bonfire... the explosion was so loud the neighbors thought I fired a potato cannon at their house (200' away) and the fireball/mushroom cloud was approximately 25 feet in diameter. That *almost* got the police called on me.

Thermite and exploding engines won't even get anyone curious. We can't fire weapons in the yard, but only because this is Massachusetts :byodame: and Guns are Evil :byodame: and I'm inside town limits.

This sounds amazing.

I do have two good sized bricks of magnesium that can be cut up for fire too :ninja:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Either of those works for me AFAIK. As long as I can get there in my low ground clearance FWD sissy car

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

May 12th works for me too

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

big turbo small motor sounds perfect

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I'm down, I'm in IRC all the time anyway

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kronix posted:

Hey any Boston area goons know a good paintless dent removal guy? My Mustang got tagged by some rear end in a top hat last weekend and left a tiny dent in the back quarter panel. It's not worth getting the panel repainted since it's really so small that you need to really look to find it but it's probably pretty easy work for a PDR guy.

So anyone know of someone who does good work?

I think the dent wizard guy we use at work is paintless

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

August is pretty full for me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I can't do the weekend of the 22nd in September, I have a video game tournament to help run/play in :goonsay:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Yeah AFAIK that weekend is ok for me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kastein posted:

Just so everyone's clear on this - the next shindig is at Billy Tully's place down in CT. Not sure if or how he's given the address out yet, I'll leave that up to him, just figure it'd be cool if I make this clear so people don't start showing up at my place instead and find me already gone.

I'd love to go to that car show but it's wayyyyy out of my way, and I am pretty sure I'm already booked for that weekend :(

On that note there's a chance I'll be at the BassPro car show this coming Thursday in front of Bass Pro Shops at Foxboro stadium. If you're there and you see a battered muddy white MJ next to a red E30, drop by and make goony comments or something.

I'll probably come up since this is right up the street from my house

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

That is a sunroof, it was a factory option. They are horribly designed though!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Nashua is really close to me so I'm down

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

works for me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

16th is most likely OK with me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Noise Complaint posted:

You better have an S2K to show off by then!

God I hope so

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

I am so excited for NEAI.

This is going to be me the whole time!

Yep :smith:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Guess I missed some fun :doh:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sounds good, I haven't seen any of you jerks in a while

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I did not know they made a road track in Palmer, but that looks pretty rad!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Who wants to help me/supervise and drink with a valve adjustment? I gotta do my valve cover gasket and the F20 is due for a check on that at 100K miles. I don't wanna pop the cover off to replace the gasket and then take it off again to do that later

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

FYI the 22nd would be my birthday weekend so if it is that weekend and I do go... we will all be getting extra extra smashed

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kastein posted:

Anyone who needs their AC fixed - I have all the stuff to do R134a now. Bring your own R134a cans (the white ones with blue lettering from walmart are cheap and also don't have stopleak garbage in them) and PAG oil + leak check dye if needed and let me know you're doing so so I can remember to pack my AC tools (vac pump, gauge set, can tap, UV flashlight, scale)

please fix mine, thanks in advances

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Who is bringing the toilet

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sorry I didn't make it but I figured you guys would appreciate not getting the sick. I've been getting up most of the week hacking for about 15 minutes to start my day :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Congrats buddy :)

• Locked thread