Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Deeters posted:

New York is close enough to New England, right? There's a road rally in Mt Kisco next weekend. I've done ones that this club has put on before, and they've been pretty fun, especially when my friend put his truck in a ditch trying to turn around.

Anyone want to do this with us tonight? There's no better way to spend a Saturday evening than lost on back roads in Westchester County NY.

The ditch indecent:

(we still finished)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

You should find a friend and come then. It will be better than watching a bad race/putting your dick in a vise.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

...willing to straight give it to an AI goon provided they can get it out of here....

... Danbury, CT....

I've never really wanted an FJ40 and I don't have the time/money/space for another project but this it's just so convenient. Probably a good thing I don't own my own house or it would just go from your yard to mine.

Where are you moving?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I have family in Nebraska and I've still never been there. Doesn't Omaha have a pretty bad gang problem?

I completely understand leaving CT though. Ideally I'd like to get a job here and save up money for a couple years and pay off student loans while I live with my mom. Then get out and move to NC or something like that. Luckily for now CT has a decent amount of ME jobs.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

(well, my Mom was from Bethel, but close enough)

"I live in/next to Danbury" is the best way to tell people if you live in Bethel.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

40% deet? poo poo man, that's a whole can of F-off.

And probably skin cancer. Whatever, worth it.

40% isn't nearly a high enough concentration.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Slow is Fast posted:

Hey poo poo dicks,

Vermont Winter Challenge has been posted.

http://winterchallengerally.com/

Feb 14th. Come enjoy 12 hours of driving on sketchy rear end roads.

I know none of you have dates so don't even front.

That looks like a bunch of fun, similar to the WSCC TSD rallies I've done with Deeters. We got so good at them we started finishing too fast then that dick moved to Virginia :argh:. I'll have to see if I can find anyone that's interested.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

New England is getting a new racetrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6DxupO2o8

It makes me think of a mini Mount Panorama with all that elevation change. But the rocks, trees and general scenery are New England as gently caress.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

kastein posted:

It's dead AND unregistered/uninsured so it's not going anywhere.

Seriously though, who's down for some track fun this spring/summer?

I've never done a track day bro and hopefully by the summer I'll have a more fun car. Maybe they'll have some grand opening specials on price too.

Who wants to drive a supercar for a little bit?: https://www.groupon.com/deals/tsmp-exotics-ultimate-test-drive-fairfield-county

One of my buddies and I are splitting the 60 minute thing. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

always be closing posted:

Heavy truck fanfic ITT.

Maybe we could get something to rival the NASCAR fanfic in SAS.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Smoke turned left.

Then he turned left again.

After the race I asked him what his secret was. His secret was turning left. Then we hosed.

That's actually a pretty good cliff notes version of them.

NASCAR this year was actually decent despite the incredibly dumb championship format, easily better than F1. I even went to the fall Martinsville race and had a great time. I just wish New Hampshire Motor Speedway didn't suck since it's the closest track to me.

I hope Palmer does well and can attract some interesting races and not take anything away from Lime Rock.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Just 6" here, maybe, it was windy and the snow blew around so it was hard to tell. I got the day off work and only had 30 min of shoveling.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Fart Pipe posted:

Haha, it looks like you were driving the red one through the blizzard.

Who says I wasn't :colbert:? Driving bans can't stop me, gently caress the police.

Anyone else doing the snow auto-x at Lime Rock? I'm doing it on Feb 21. It's expensive but it comes with free hot chocolate.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

CT has three "levels" of permits: ammo, long gun, and pistol. Ammo only lets you buy ammo, long gun lets you buy shotguns and rifles plus ammo, and a pistol permit lets you get anything that's legal to own here. I'm honestly not sure how the new laws affect bringing in a non banned long gun but I think it's okay. For handguns you can spend the ~$300 and get a CT non-resident permit. It is identical to in-state except you apply directly to the state police which is actually easier than in-state in many cases.

And yeah CT is now a 10rd state and scary black guns are banned unless they were made before a certain date in 1994. Luckily I already had a bunch of stuff before 4/4/13.

From what I understand you can bring guns into MA without a permit to go to a shooting range, competition, or hunting. That's all you can do, go do your shooting and leave, don't hang out. You can get MA non-resident permits but I'm not sure how that works.

VT always allowed concealed carry without permit, ME is getting rid of the permit requirement and NH's permit is super easy to get. Southern and northern New England are very different as far as gun laws go.

Since I'm moving up there, hopefully soon, maybe we could do a meetup in NH to shoot things.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Henry? I'm sorry we only accept pre-Remington Marlins.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

The Westchester County Sports Car Club is having thier yearly Turkey Tour TSD rally tonight starting and ending in Mt Kisco, NY. I really should have posted about this sooner but you know you want to spend your Saturday night getting lost on back roads.

If you come you can meet rcman, yes we're making him wear 'the outfit'.

http://www.wscc.org/

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Team O'Neil is having an open practice day on 1/17: https://teamoneil.com/product/open-practice-day/
$40 an hour; run what you brung or use their cars.

It's cool that they do this, I went to their winter safe course in 2014 and had a great time. I've wanted to go back but haven't really had the money for a full class. Plus I just put some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2s on my Fiesta which have been really great so far.

I decided to go out in the storm last night just to see how they did, no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Konrad posted:

Was the winter course mostly focused on safety, or did they cover left foot braking and the like? I'd like to take one of O'neils classes but the rally school is more than I want to spend. I'd be willing to use my own car for the cheaper class, but not if it's a boring defensive driving class where we talk about how often you should check your rearview mirror. I want to learn car control in a safe environment.

They teach you car control but it's only meant for everyday driving so no left foot braking or pendulum turns. At the end of the day they set up a nice little course but only give you two laps on it so by the time you get into it you're done. The instruction is very good and I did learn a lot.

• Locked thread