Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat, I was really hoping to have enough cash on hand to make it to the next NEAI get together, but that isn't going to happen. Oh well, always next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I actually only took two pictures the whole time I was there that haven't already disappeared into the ether, but any goons that follow my snaps probably saw them.

I do have this shot of alternate.eago's absolutely immaculate AW11 MR2 (no rust, anywhere), with bonus Adiabatic.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

Holy poo poo I dint realize you guys were going there for just the day, jesus. Thats funny as hell.

Same, I figured they'd be staying for a night and then heading back. Longass road trips are great, especially in the winter, but maybe I'm insane. Glad you guys made it back ok.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Not really sure why it's showing that I said I wasn't available Aug 8th, I have no plans.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I can pitch in on a keg. Can't wait to meet all of you in person :)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My body is ready :mrgw:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress I just scrapped an entire Volvo B230 engine

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Noise Complaint posted:

We have two bags of thermite, seventy-five pounds of grillin' meats, five tanks of propane, a gas cylinder half-full of nitrous, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored rust buckets, trucks, jeeps, beaters, and muscle cars... Also, Ozmiander's quart of tequila, a handle of Beam, Tim's fridge of beer, a spool of flux core, and two dozen Sperglords. Not that we need all that for NEAI, but once you get locked into a serious rust collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worries me is the nitrous. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a nitrous binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh my god that was the most fun I've had all year, maybe longer.

Huge thanks to Tim for hosting and generally being a super cool dude, btw I left you a little something in the lounge room for your troubles ;)

It was really great to meet all of you guys, everyone was just as awesome in person as they are online (or even cooler).

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Down here I get loving swarmed with mosquitoes all summer (and I'm allergic so even small bites swell and itch like mad) and packed bug spray accordingly but I didn't have a single bite all weekend :shrug:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

Its also wicked, wicked fast and Im totally in love with it.

Yuuuup

Literally the fastest car I've ridden in, ever.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I love the hell out of the 8 series, getting to finally see one up close was really great, and Black88GTA is a great guy.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Congratulations NoiseComplaint! :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Happy birthday man! :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I don't plan that far in advance but uhh I'm probably free all of those dates :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm down.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
At this rate the only way the Vantasy is making it to NEAI is on a flatbed. Apparently it's loving impossible to find a running chevy truck in this area (or at least, impossible to get the sellers to loving ANSWER THEIR GODDAMN EMAIL/TEXT/PHONE).

Also yeah, everyone is going to be too busy doing party poo poo to do any hardcore wrenching once we get there.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Is your dash pocket lid still intact? Mines all busted up

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

kastein posted:

The weed storage bin top center? Yeah. Tan/brown interior, dash pocket is yours if you want it.

no I don't smoke weed, it just looks like a good storage spot

Cool, I'm not real picky on the color. It's also usually easier to remove the center vents/pocket as an entire unit than to just try and detach the door.

Also, it's probably the worst place for a weed stash ever, actually :v: the A-pillar trim is better :ssh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

toplitzin posted:

Oh look, my Volvo quietly sits in the background, waiting to oOOOOOoooOOOOoooo down the road.

I kinda wish that it was an actual S60R feature, and not a bug. VOLVO MATING CALL

um excuse me, that's cool as hell

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
IRC 4 lyfe

it ain't even hard to get. gently caress a discord, there's already an AI slack if you wanna have a bloated IRC experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kilonum posted:

Same as my SA name. Might be a IP or hostmask ban (ends in hsd1.ma.comcast.net)

It should work now, we had a blanket ban on anyone in the #bots channel apparently.

• Locked thread