Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Let's do the AIest poo poo and go to the next Top Fuel race in Epping. I'm also signed up for the April 8th NE-SVT autocross at Fort Devens if anyone else is going, I'll show you how a pro race car driver does it.

Bang Me Please posted:

Come get drinks in Boston with me and Muffinpox.

This is the best idea.

Poing posted:

Boston here. Anyone doing LeMons at Loudon this year? Or any bike trackdays there?

No, I want to drive for a team there but haven't seen any spots open :( But I'll come park my Ducati at the starbucks on Newbury with you .

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Poing posted:

If you want to come hang at the 5/5-6 race, it's always a good time. We're probably running our old CRX but we're working on a Vette for the 10/27-28 race.

gently caress Newbury for obvious reasons. I've got a nice loop out in Waltham/Weston if you want to go run some street laps sometime.

I'll come hang, if you have a spot I have plenty of wheel-to-wheel experience in karts.

Also I don't actually ride motorcycles but I do have an S2000 which is close enough.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
I'm putting on my summer tires tonight.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Mighty Horse posted:

You will cause it to snow by doing that..

TOO LATE THEY'RE ON.

Also does anyone want to buy a set of 17" Yokohama S.Drives? The rears have 9/32 and the fronts are ~5/32, I'm swapping them out for Direzzas.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Opensourcepirate posted:

I think I can do May 12th, also Muffinpox I might want those tires. Can you tell me the size and how much you might want for them?

215/45/17 fronts and 245/40/17 rears. I'll double check their depths but I'd say $150 for the rears and $50 for the fronts?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Augh gently caress I'm so sorry everyone, it's going to snow saturday.

kastein posted:

yeah looks like some guy with cali induced "irc is srs bznz" rage just banned us all

oh well no big, as he said we got our own channel for talking about rust in!

As previously mentioned in other threads, #ai is very specifically about posting pictures of dogs in the back of Porsches and banning people who join for being Zordon.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 29, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
I'm kind of interested in this but I don't really want to pay $159 for someone else to drive me around in a road car. I wonder if you get to take the wheel and how long it lasts Groupon stadium supercar ride deal

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 3, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

chrisgt posted:

In that link it says

So it sounds like you get to drive.

Huh, how did I miss that. I think I'm going to get it as a gift for my dads birthday.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kastein posted:

Yup. It's the old fashioned, semi unorganized, cars stacked two high, parts everywhere, rows of old commercial trucks and dumpsters full of scrapmetal hiding in the woods type of yard.

They used to have an all you can carry event in the spring and fall but I haven't heard about one for a year or two now.

If you see an S2000 let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

BigPaddy posted:

Well if I stay here I will get stabbed, I think getting shot is cleaner.

The office is out Burlington way in the suburbs so I can either just do the sensible thing and get 4wd or when it does snow just work from home and just go hog wild. Working from home sounds like a good option.

I daily drive an S2000 all year. You need snow tires in MA, AWD and traction control are pretty optional.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 31, 2012

• Locked thread