Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
If any of you guys float around the Mark's Cruise Nights in East Granby, CT let me know. I'll stop by and say hi. I work right down the street so I go hang out there most weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I told myself I'd never go to East Granby, CT again after my ex and I broke up a few years ago, but that looks pretty dope.

I live in North Granby and I don't even like going to East Granby except for work.

Mark's is awesome, though. It starts in the beginning of May. There's always some awesome cars there. Last year they had two DeTomaso Panteras parked next to each other.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Turns out the guy that lived next door to me here in North Granby has been dead since '91 or so.

The town just got ownership of his property and went through and cut down all the brush and stuff in his "driveway" and started clearing out the old livery stable in the back he was using as a garage. I was greeted to the sight of at least a dozen old decaying Packards and Lincolns including a V12 Zephyr when I got home from work this afternoon. I didn't even know there was anything there besides woods. :stare:

It's taking all my willpower to not go through and strip the place bare. The garage would make the American Pickers guys drool.

Edit: Hahaha there's a Mustang II buried in there.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 20, 2012

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

16th is great. Did we figure out where it's going to be? Pipkin's?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Nodoze posted:

16th is most likely OK with me

You better have an S2K to show off by then!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I just finished making ~30 lbs of pulled pork and enough cole slaw to feed an army. So be there and eat amazing BBQ :)

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I'm going out the door in a few minutes. There's a bunch of us that watch IRC from our phones if anyone needs directions.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

We finished up the e30 this morning.

The result? Amazingness.

Thanks so much to everyone that came by and hung out and especially thanks to everyone that helped me work on my car.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

From factory the e30 has about 20 more HP and is lighter. However the 944 seems to have a much better power band. I love the way the 944 sounds.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

When I get my tools down at my apartment I can help you with simple stuff like that too. I think Tim is pretty backed up with auto work.

I also have a bunch of friends with stocked garages that like working on that kind of stuff.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone hanging out at Pipkin's tonight?

I'm going to try to stop by on my way back home with the Bronco since I'm driving right by pretty much.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I'm in for pretty much any weekend in the summer, I backloaded all my wedding stuff to the fall. I'm good for bringing some food and whatever else, plus I'll bring my grill over and all my cast iron stuff and do some cooking.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Things that happen at Fart Pipe's place.

Kastein decided to toss an old coil spring into the burn barrel, molest it, and then "temper" it.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You guys know of any easy trails around Springfield for a stock Comanche? My friend wants to take his truck out but its bone stock so nothing too crazy.

Top of the World in Westfield. My old Explorer made it up stock but it's still fun. There's a firetower up top.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

rscott posted:

i don't think this heat treating process is iso:9000 approved

NEAI, I will be flying out to connecticut june 25th through june 30th. I'll be staying with my grandma in Bristol and I have some bank business I have to do either friday or monday, but the weekend should be free. Dunno if I'll rent a car or borrow one but I will drink beers and smoke weed with you people if you want

Bristol is around 40min from Fart Pipe's place and we usually hang out there after work on Fridays until the wee hours of the morning, as long as he's around.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Only if it still has my bottlecaps on it

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

kastein posted:

I don't. The white MJ is never seeing the road again for a variety of reasons, the XJ isn't either, neither of the subarus is getting wailed on and the other MJs aren't getting beat up like that.

I suppose if someone feels like trailering the white MJ there for me I'd love to beat on it some more, but that would be ridiculous and a waste of time.

If it's in August we might be able to make the trailer thing happen.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Sounds good! Tim, you should make a FB event.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

My body is ready :mrgw:

Your liver is not prepared.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

If people want to bring grillin' meats or contribute to the food, PM me on here or let me know on IRC. I'll keep a tally. I'm going to be taking that Friday off to run up to the local meat distributor and grab some bulk burgers and dogs, brats, kielbasa, etc.

Fart Pipe has a couple grills, and I'm going to be bringing mine as well. He also has a bunch of frozen venison which I'm looking forward to.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

Guys I have a project for us. We need to get the stuff out of the greenhouses and it will be the perfect time since there will be so many people there. Theres a few awesome future projects that need rescuing from the elements, some of you know what they are and for the rest its gonna be a cool surprise.

Bring your winches and your 4 wheel drives fellas, we got race car planning to do :getin:

This can only result in dragging poo poo with the Bronco, top off, filled with goons.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea I figure with that, my 87 Ram and my tractor we should be able to get most of it out. Probably not the fire truck though, haha. We gotta start planning out the Camaro race car too.

We should drag the Camaro over and pressure wash the fucker this weekend!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

ACEofsnett posted:

Don't worry, I'll pull everything out at once with my truck when your frame snaps in half.

Hey now, it's not a Tundra. (Also the frame is fine.)

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Can't wait to smoke some venison and get lit on fire.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Slow is Fast posted:

wagon probably needs a top off. Just need the gauges and some spergin'

There will be plenty of spergin' to go around. All the spergin' in fact. You could say NEAI will be sperge central.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

We have two bags of thermite, seventy-five pounds of grillin' meats, five tanks of propane, a gas cylinder half-full of nitrous, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored rust buckets, trucks, jeeps, beaters, and muscle cars... Also, Ozmiander's quart of tequila, a handle of Beam, Tim's fridge of beer, a spool of flux core, and two dozen Sperglords. Not that we need all that for NEAI, but once you get locked into a serious rust collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worries me is the nitrous. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a nitrous binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

Just a quick seriouspost:

DO NOT drive like an rear end in a top hat it town, anywhere. I own a small business here and its a small town where word gets around and Ill be seriously pissed if anything comes back to me and I have to answer for it. I will throw you under the bus if I have to talk to the cops for any reason.

Do NOT touch my work equipment. I almost didnt host this again after the fuckery that happened with my UTV last time, I was legit pissed about that.

No burnouts in my driveway, at all. I do not own this place, it belongs to my family and the driveway is old and fragile.

If you puke in my house you have to clean it up and I want $100. Just dont do it, puke outside or in the toilet, whatever.

Dont be a goony gently caress, every NEAI has been awesome so far so dont ruin it.

Other than that its gonna be loving awesome, prepare your anuses fellas.

Quotin' dis for this page. There's a lot of leeway and we can get away with some awesome poo poo at his place, but don't take it too far or we won't be able to do this again!

Fart Pipe is an awesome dude and it's extremely nice of him to host this. It'd be cool if some people could stick around Sunday AM and help clean up too.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

If anyone needs directions, please PM one of us or stop by in our IRC channel. #newenglandai on SynIRC

It's also highly advisable that you bring something to sleep in if you're staying. Tim's place has limited space. Tents are fine.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Calm before the storm

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

And the festivities commence.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Thanks for coming up guys. Really glad to see all of you.

Kudos to those brave enough to try the blood sausage I brought haha

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Since people liked the chili I made so much at this NEAI and also other NEAI meets I thought I'd post the general guidelines I use to make it.

Take whatever you want to use for a base meat, I used ground venison this time around and added some pork fatback and ground pork to fatten it up a bit, you don't need this if you're using 80/20 ground beef or whatever, and brown the crap out of it in a searing hot cast iron pan or the bottom of a cast iron dutch oven. The browning is important, this is what adds in flavor.

Toss that in with a diced onion or two, a can of beans of your choosing, diced up fresh habanero or jalapeno, a hefty amount of chili powder, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and something sweet, that can be a splash of soda, a heavier malty beer, or some molasses.

The not-so-secret ingredient is a can of chilis in adobo sauce found in the spanish aisle of any grocery store. Pull the chilis out, dice them up, and toss them in, and scoop in as much of the sauce they're canned in as you can.

Now slow cook this poo poo in a crock pot or a dutch oven for awhile. I did a few hours on high at NEAI. We were hungry as gently caress after all that moped action. Longer on low is better.

Now this isn't GWS or Texas Chili Autist level of cookery, when I'm looking to sperg out about chili I can do that too, but when cooking for a bunch of hungry goons, I'm generally drunk as gently caress and throwing stuff together as fast as I can. This poo poo is easily doable by the most bachelor of bachelors and can easily be scaled up to big quantities.

I've even made this poo poo in the middle of the woods with nothing but kastein's toolbox to use as utensils. I believe he has a picture of me stirring a pot of chili with a harbor freight breaker bar.

Serve this poo poo with some sour cream, shredded cheese, chips, and hot sauce.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

It's that time of year to start planning NEAI 2016.

Enter your weekends free via this link so we can pick a date!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I don't think many of us plan that far ahead, haha. I just wanted to make sure we were able to plan around some of the stuff like NEFR, which I know a few guys spend multiple weekends prepping for and then running.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I was planning on doing a spring cookout at some point that's smaller in scale than an NEAI. When I figure that out I'll post it up as well.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

NEFR is the weekend before that like Chris said. That means him, SiF, and anyone else doing that are not likely able to make it.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

The weekend of August 20th looks good for everyone. Any objections?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

That would require people who own vehicles that can go that far without rusting straight to dust.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

August 20th it is! Same weekend as last year. We should use that going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Sandbagger SA posted:

That was a great weekend last year.

*PERFECT IN EVERY WAY*

Let me know if/when you're planning on doing this spring BBQ too.

I'm planning on having people down as soon as the weather gets decently nice and we're out of mud season, maybe in May at some point.

• Locked thread