Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
Hi guys,

We recently adopted a chiweenie(chiguagua dachsund mix). We found him wandering around, trying to cross a busy street, and after searching for an owner we couldn't find one. We got him neutered, vaccinated, and chipped.

For the past few weeks, if he's resting on the couch, or if he's been sleeping, and I approach for any reason, he rolls over and pees. I know this is submissive urination, and he's trying to show me that he recognized me as the boss. But I just can't seem to get him over it! All I can think to do is tell him NO! and put him in the back yard so he knows it was bad. But he doesn't get it. He thinks peeing is how to show me that he submits to my authority, but all it does is make me have to wash the couch cushions carpet, and dog bed.

I've searched on the internet, and most of the advice is for puppies, the vet estimates him at 2-4 years old.

To clarify, it's not when I get home, the doggie olympics that takes place when I get home is pee free. It's not when he's scared, he barks at everything and generally doesn't fear much, except the cat. And even with the cat, he barks and finds somewhere else to chill. He submissively urinates when I approach him and he's been sleeping, or if I go to hook on his leash for a walk.

What can I do to help stop this behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU