Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really understand where the idea of puppy pee pads came from. I don't understand why it wouldn't always be better to teach a dog right from the off that outside = toilet, and inside = no toilet at all ever. I mean I know the training is a pain in the rear end (I won't forget two weeks of getting up four times every night in a hurry) but it was just two weeks of inconvenience, whereas pee pads might affect a dog's toilet training for a drat long time.

Also you absolutely will learn to pick up your dog's cues when she needs something in particular. I had a seriously hard time believing this a few months ago, because how is my dog snuffling around any different from how she normally snuffles around this is impossible to tell!! but now I've gotten to the point where I can predict pretty much anything she's gonna do ten seconds before she even does it, haha. Her sign for 'hey I gotta pee' was to walk up to me and stare at me intently, checking I was watching and then walking over to the door of whatever room we were in. If the door was open she'd lead me to the back door and staaare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU