Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Opentarget posted:

Yeah, I realized it's crap when I compared the ingredients versus the thread, but I can't get to a store until at least the weekend so it has to make due.

Definitely at the top of my list though. Speaking of food though, do the big name stores typically have high quality food or should I be looking for smaller, more independent places?

Nah, Petco has Wellness, blue buffalo AND solid gold, all of which are pretty good dog foods, according to the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I'm taking that class in a couple of weeks and I know drat well it's not really for the dog.

haha this is so true. The first thing the people I'm working for/shadowing was basically that. "90% of the class is for the owners. The dogs pick it all up pretty fast. The owners, not so much."

It's totally true.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

ANGRY_KOREA_MAN posted:

Hello everyone,

I'm just dropping in and posting for the first time in PI because I am getting a puppy and thought I would share it with all of you! I have never owned a puppy while on my own before (I'm 24) so this will be my first time raising a dog without the help of my parents. I am buying a pure bred Samoyed from Sancha Samoyed's. The cost is a bit high but I have a nice tax return coming so I didn't feel too bad about it, mostly because I really want a Samoyed, and they aren't cheap.

So far I have gotten myself a nice crate with an adjustable wall to make it smaller or larger, and thats about it. I live on a nice piece of large property with two roommates who both have their own dogs.

I'm excited to be a dog owner!

Oh here are some Pics!

Hey congrats! My brothers fiances parents have a pair of Samoyeds, and they're awesome.

edit: Get ready for a fur storm!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Did someone say BOSTONS? This is my BT:

We got him because he wasn't terribly wall-eyed, and had some muzzle.

As you can see, he's not completely flat faced. But he still does that 'backwards sneezing' thing.

That breeder is breeding dogs that are guaranteed to have breathing issues at least. Ours was only 300, and he's 'standard' coloration, which I don't think those dogs are.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Paper Mac posted:

That's a great looking dog. Can I ask whereabouts you live? The kijiji/craigslist type BT ads are going for around $800 here, $300 seems extremely low.

I live in Los Angeles, a bit far from canada! We got extremely lucky. The woman my mom got him from was a BYB. Didn't show my mom health tests or the parents, wouldn't let her go to the house brought him half way, etc. So be careful about where you get your dog from, and do the research! As for our dog, he seems pretty healthy, but now who knows if he'll develop problems when he gets older, because we have no idea what the parents are like!

He was also infested with giardia, and I'm pretty sure at this point that's why she sold him for so cheap.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, Bostons are basically dog potatoes. They can do sports or just chill out and warm your lap. I do wish my mom got her BT from a shelter, but she basically bought him from the first breeder she found. So now we have a dog with cronic giardia who beats up my aunts dog and tries to sniff your butt after you fart. But they're awesome, and when I'm in my own place I'd probably get a BT of my own.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

*in wizard voice*

DOG

NIGHT

MELTDOWN

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

tbeats maybe u should leave the internet alone for a bit, go pet a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Engrave this on my headstone

My headstone is gonna say 'RIP Hog X, he died like he lived: fat and gay'