Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

mmmmmwah - Trophy kisses!

MrFurious posted:

Added. I was also thinking about doing some quick youtube videos for the basic tricks because I'm not that satisfied with the written descriptions. Plus they're just so difficult to follow anyways.

Those videos would be awesome! Thanks!

What is PI's stance on rescuing dogs from auctions? We got Coco from a rescue group that rescued a number of dogs from a puppy mill auction of some sort. Not sure on all the details. I understand rescues reasoning for doing this - they think they are helping. However, since then I've started to rethink my stance on this. I had thought about helping to rescue in the future until I read more about it, and see it as just more opportunity for puppy mills to make a profit. Although apparently, most of the dogs involved in this rescue were dogs that were already breeders or were being sold to be breeders, so in that regard I do see it as a positive that they were rescued and will be fixed and not kept in a lifetime of breeding in horrible conditions. I feel all sorts of twisted grief over this.

mombot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

Can you resize te pics please?

Honestly, the cages make me feel :cry: How would you like to stand on wire mesh? Looks like a mill to me.

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

Well maybe I was harsh and admit to not looking at the site. The cages just caught me off guard. If he's showing, then it's likely that it's just where they are kenneled at the moment. Good luck.

My daughter has a friend with two and we're in Illinois, but hers are older. I'll ask where she got them though if you'd like.

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

edit: Started my own thread.

mombot fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 13, 2012

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I've seen this brand of FD Liver in most pet stores and it really is like dog crack. I just make my own baked liver now because it's way cheaper. Just boil some liver slices for about 10 minutes, drain, and bake for 2-3 hours then cut into itty bitty pieces for a super high value treat. If you're just doing regular daily training MrFurious is right and using the pup's regular meals is a great idea.

Dawn dishwashing soap works fine for stinky puppies. I really like biogroom protein lanolin shampoo if you want to get fancier. It's light, easy to wash out, and isn't super perfume-y.

Sorry - bake at what temp? I bought some beef liver and chicken livers. I do raw 2-3 times a week and was going to add that in, but I like the idea of making treats even more. I really need to do some major work with Coco (wanting to train her to be a therapy dog).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

I definitely agree with just verbally letting him know you're there and to hush. I have to do that with Coco, who is about the same age. She'll start barking and I just tell her to hush and she hushes. I think she just wants to make sure I'm still there and that I know she's there.