Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
What should I do about a puppy that screams whenever crated?

My puppy is an 8-week old Siberian Husky that I just bought from a reputable breeder I know. She's been to the vet, had her first shots, all that. Most of the time, she's extremely well-behaved. She never bites, she follows me very well whenever I take her for a walk, and she learned very quickly that power cords are not chew-toys.

However, whenever we put her in her crate, she screams bloody murder. She'll go in during the day to take a nap (when she isn't napping on my slippers...), but whenever we lock the door she freaks out. I Googled for what to do, and the consensus that I could find was "tough it out". However, she can easily keep going all night long.

Last night my girlfriend slept right beside her, and whenever she started whining all she had to do was speak softly to her and she relaxed and went quiet again.

As I'd rather not either traumatize my new beautiful puppy, nor sleep on the floor next to the crate, what should I do to help her relax during the night, or whenever we have to be at school/work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU