Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ba-a-a-by tater - -
tater is the baby - -
ba-a-a-by tater
baby tater is the tot - - -

tater wants to goooo tooo the dog paark
tater wants to have a real good time
dog dog dog dog dooog dog dog paark
dog park dog park dog park all the time

tater wants to goooo tooo the dog paark
tater wants to see his friends and play
every-one is goooing to the dog paark
tater's going to have a real good day

(I don't get to sing the latter one much any more since he's old, doesn't play and his friends long stopped showing up. He still likes walking there once or twice a week anyway.)

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Tater now wears diapers 24/7 because his double combo of panniculitis and untreatable staph infection* means the drainage tracts on his rump constantly ooze varying combinations of blood, pus or liquified subcutaneous fat. It loving rules constantly arguing with myself on whether to put him down even though he seems to not be in pain.

Oh and I discovered this week that his ear infection last year made him almost completely deaf. Hooray

At least he looks good in black.

(* He was seen by UC Davis' dermatology department and the only antibiotics which have a chance of working would likely destroy his liver and kidneys, owns)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Instant Jellyfish posted:

She hated the ones I had that you had to thread her tail through

You have a solution but in case anyone else needs some, I find they fit a lot better if you cut through the elastic surrounding the tail.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

The goofy thing is that when he eventually does decide to eat his kibble he'll down his bowl in one sitting and then paws at the bowl (it's Correll and makes a loud ringing sound) until I dutifully fill it with another cup. Once refilled he takes a look to verify that yes, the bowl is again full, and walks away from it for another 24 hours.

Just like to note that I posted this nine years ago and he still loving does it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw it could be diet related.

Honest question, now does diet result in an ear infection? Killing off natural antibiotics or something?

Relatedly, Tater's last ear infection late last year left him deaf. I last took him in at the end of February and he came out clean but he still spends most of the day denning by a chair or in dark places. Freaking sucks.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

froglet posted:

Anyway. Mr Froglet was at the park today and found out from some other regulars who know the border collies owner that said border collie ultimately had to have surgery to remove the ball from her small intestine, and seems to be doing well. :dogstare:

My dog once let me play a game called “spot the duck”

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Tater went deaf early this year and doesn’t know when I get home anymore :(

At least he doesn’t lose his poo poo when the doorbell rings.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Why are dogs so hosed up. I mean what the gently caress

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Puppies are required by law to have at least one episode like that in their first year to scare the poo poo out of their owners.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Good god my dog loving REEKS :(

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, Reek had his cut off too.

This took me a minute but lol

It's one of the cycsts I've posted about him getting on occasion, but this time it's on his disease-filled rump that I've also talked about. Poor dude has been dealt an extremely bad hand in life medically, and while I'm fighting the good fight it's days like this when I wonder why I'm bothering. Because I love him, I guess.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I bought these washable diapers for Tater when he started getting sick and was draining blood and pus from his rump. I swear he actually liked them and never fought me on it. I did find the elastic for the tail to be way too tight however and had to cut the elastic.

The first thing I did when I got home after putting him down was to throw all those damned things in the dumpster. Here's to hoping the next dog isn't such a trainwreck.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm adopting a dog tomorrow and I'm pretty drat shook about it.

He's about 2 years old, about 10 pounds, maybe a Cairn Terrier. He was fond on the street so I don't know if he's even potty trained. Wish me luck :ohdear:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just look at this extremely cozy pup.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Dog balls look weird and are weird.

There I said it :colbert:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
can i get some for my truck

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Newton ate Bionicle and is now posting as them. Rip

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Crufts is on and jfc they just let anyone run the agility course now

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Headphones and a podcast can help, unless the cold is also being unreasonable.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
So did the whole respiratory scare at the end of last year just kind of fizzle out or become endemic? I think I remember reading something about how it turned out to just be a combination of a few things? But I’ve not seen anything about it in the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
those tongues <3

Love those photos, thanks for sharing :)