Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Im getting a new puppy in a couple weeks and currently have a 7 year old gsd/kelpie cross named Maggie. Maggie is very dog friendly, but when the dog's breeder came with Frank and two of his littermates, Maggie wouldnt go near them. Granted it was a brief encounter.

So, im wondering if you guys could provide me some good reading material on introducing dogs. Good bonding tips etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Awesome, thanks for these. I meant to include pics in the original post but straight up forgot, whoops.

Here's Maggie relaxin on the couch

And here's her soon-to-be best friend, Frank

Frank looks like a grumpy old man in every picture.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

just moved from an area with -15c average winters to a place with -40c average winters. winter has already started and i need some boots for the dogs and would appreciate knowing which ones wont fall apart in 2 minutes.

dog tax

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

the vet told me to feed my then 7 year old german shepherd/aussie kelpie cross a cup a day when i was told she was overweight. that was before her hips started to sour and she was a lot more active, but still not a 1 year old.

i just got a cat and my 2 year old boxer/pitbull/rhodesian ridgeback mix is obsessed with him, but not in a dangerous way. he's calmed down a lot in the last 2 days, as he was so excited that he was vibrating and desperately whining. it has been sort of a good thing, because he was always just staring at the cat, trying to sniff him and the kitten is now very tolerant of him, but Frank still loves to chase after Gus when he gets the zoomies and Frank tries to play with him by pushing him with his nose and Gus doesnt really care for that. Gus will quickly smack him and hiss and Frank will back right off, and resume staring until he gets bored, which is usually pretty quickly. but i want to curb the chasing, but he's never been around cats and is just too excited to listen when i tell him to stop. normally Frank listens very well, but he's just too focused to listen when Gus is running.