Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

I wonder what we'd think of history's greatest journalists if they had had Twitter.

I don't think it would be possible for most of them to limit themselves to 140 characters, even for a simple thought like "Go to hell."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

grantland rice angrily tweeting at german americans about victory cabbage

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's seriously wrong all the time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's seriously wrong all the time

Hot take about Grantland Rice here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think it would be possible for most of them to limit themselves to 140 characters, even for a simple thought like "Go to hell."

Not a journalist, but Hemingway would've been dope on Twitter.

Also not a journalist but Joyce Carol Oates is currently dope on Twitter.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

Not a journalist, but Hemingway would've been dope on Twitter.

Also not a journalist but Joyce Carol Oates is currently dope on Twitter.

Hemingway and Gamers Gate would be amazing.

Also Franz Kafka's Tumblr account. :lol:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I have here James Joyce's fetlife account :itwaspoo:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hemingway's twitter would have been an endless series of invitations to fisticuffs at an infinite number of Parisian Temeculas (Temeculae?)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was just saying the guy who wrote the shortest short story might be good with 140 characters.

I'd also love to see George Orwell's tweets from the front line of Spanish Civil War.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

I was just saying the guy who wrote the shortest short story might be good with 140 characters.

I'd also love to see George Orwell's tweets from the front line of Spanish Civil War.

Have you read his personal letters?

Gentleman would tweet sentences like this. drat fine stuff.*harumph*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Orwell or Hemingway, in either case I haven't and probably should.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Chichevache posted:

"Shot in the neck lol. Would recommend as experience #antifa"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
HEY GUYS ARE WE TALKING BOOKS IN HERE

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Trent Williams is definitely a turd and more than deserved to be ejected in that game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

This should go here

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/778603462602874880

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Aw man, I legit loved following Bart mostly because he's an unapologetic patriots troll. His employers must have finally thought he went to far because he's been ragging the Pats for years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Katie Nolan basically deleted his Twitter herself. She destroyed him.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Katie Nolan is the one Fox Sports media personality who owns and she deserves a bigger show

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What was so bad about what he tweeted, clowning on Boston (whether the natives or the sports teams) for being anti-black is pretty spot on and good

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pron on VHS posted:

What was so bad about what he tweeted, clowning on Boston (whether the natives or the sports teams) for being anti-black is pretty spot on and good

I mean, he's stereotyping an entire city, but eh, who cares it's just a troll.

Although it's kinda dumb since his own city has the only other team in the NFL that's never started a black QB.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pron on VHS posted:

Boston has many nonwhite people that you seem to think either don't exist or don't count, which seems kind of problematic.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I've lived in Boston as a non-white, so nah, it isn't

The city's lovely reputation w/r/t race is definitely earned

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Remember when Boston went ballistic, not because the Caps knocked the Bruins out of the 2012 playoffs, but because a black player was the one with the game winning goal?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
FDR would have an incredibly hot podcast.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, but I'm not surprised New Englander's treat people of Desi descent like poo poo (because of terrorism you see :v:). When was the last time black America was a "threat" to the Harvard set?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm not endorsing their racism, btw.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Katie Nolan is so good

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Pron on VHS posted:

Actually I was just being a smartass.

But all kidding aside, Boston is a fractal maze full of frostbitten assholes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I have here James Joyce's fetlife account :itwaspoo:

james joyce would never be on fetlife, his disgusting sexual fetishes were solely for his beautiful nora. his snapchat would be a hell of a place though

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Got something good to talk about.

Dominque Foxworth, the former Broncos/Ravens/Falcons cornerback was on Barnwell's Monday podcast for the last half hour and went over a bunch of useful tells for reading what play is going to be run, and that he's running a weekly column on the undefeated analyzing all-22 footage of a team and talking about what they're doing on defense. He also dismisses a lot of the Josh Norman following guys around talk as utter nonsense which was interesting:

http://theundefeated.com/features/all-22-saints-v-giants/

quote:

4. Formation awareness.

The Saints’ only touchdown was on seam route to Willie Snead. The Saints fooled one of the safeties. The Giants were in cover 4 and the initial offensive formation had the tight end aligned to the offensive left, two backs in the backfield and two receivers to the right. Versus that formation, the tight end side safety should double-team the tight end with the cornerback. But that wasn’t the final formation. Before the snap, the fullback motioned to the right, past both receivers, creating a three-receiver formation and the threat of four verticals passing routes. When there are four eligible receivers near the line of scrimmage before the snap, the safeties are responsible for the two inside receivers if they run vertical routes. Of course they did. The safety didn’t recognize the fourth vertical threat, so he turned to double the tight end. Brees immediately recognized the mistake and found Snead wide open for the touchdown. I also thought that the defensive backs misplayed the Saints’ stack formations, but it didn’t hurt them. When receivers are “stacked,” aligned within a couple of feet of each other, inevitably one runs deep and the other runs a short route. The two defenders responsible for those receivers can “hi low” the stack. One defender bumps the first receiver at the line and sits there waiting for the short route and the other defender stands off of the line waiting to cover the deep route. It appeared that the Giants’ coaches didn’t give the defensive backs that tool. And as a result, the low guy was often open.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/787044796149796865

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Doesn't he like regularly challenge twitter followers to attack him?

I could look this up on an old FART post as well as read the missing TMM comics that haven't made it to the draw play if someone hadn't dropped the ball Ehud.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
don't ask, this isn't about attention you see, but: I could use some help doing a google search

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol yeah seriously

No... no I don't use Google why does everyone keep tweeting that

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
dude needs it with that thin rear end skin

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The enemies of Miami Football are everywhere.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Of all things to skimp on...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Of all things to skimp on...

midwat
May 6, 2007