Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I rarely think that anyone associated with a profession is one way or the other. I realize there are plenty of cops that are cool and some that are bad. Loads of lawyers are dicks, but some are really nice. But gently caress everyone associated with the towing industry unequivocally. If you don't unleash a barrage of profanity every second you are dealing with them then you are a giant pussy/bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GeneX posted:

Towing companies are bad, not all of their employees are bad, this woman appears, anecdotally, to be bad, and the ESPN reporter involved was bad.

Controversial take, I know.

Nope, every single one is a terrible person. This woman is a hero.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jason Whitlock is a crazy man.

http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

ought ten posted:

drat you know your pet project is doomed when your underlings are ratting you out before it even gets going. Hopefully someone at ESPN has the sense to smother it in its crib.

Actually I don't hope that, we'd be deprived of so much material for this thread.

It seems like the actual staff is very talented and would probably write a ton of great stuff, which would never see the light of day because Whitlock is apparently a megalomaniac.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

If PFTCommenter took over Cowherd's spot it would be the greatest troll in history because it would make the people he's mocking his direct audience.

Honestly, how could you tell the difference. You can't hear spelling mistakes.

edit: Actually, that would make for a hell of a game. Real quote from a talking head like Bayless, Stephen A Smith, Cowherd OR a PFTCommentor quote.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

For real though, who is Mike Silva. This is the first time I have heard of him and for some reason people are paying attention to him like he is a regular on Around the Horn or something,

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

WugLyfe posted:

He's a nobody now.

I think he always was.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's really weird hearing him talk though, because his writing voice is more like a drunk 50-something.

Hearing @celebrityhottub's voice on Lana Berry's podcast was such a weird moment for me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Are we having a Douche of the Year tournament this year? If not, maybe we should have worst sports writer/tv guy tournament. Omar Kelly is a number 1 seed for sure. Also, not exactly sure why one would MRI a quad...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

warcrimes posted:

How about you get the Goon Draft goin!

Sure thing. Maybe, I don't know. I am super busy and would love to run a sheep, mock draft of some sort, and even .gif of the year, however I am getting married, trying to get my future wife into the country legally, and working and all that. If nothing has popped up in a week or two, I will throw something up and try to run. I just don't feel like I can it the same way as it has been in the past.

Also, there is no requirement for running any of these things! If you are a college student, a dead-lifting IT worker, or even a lawyer bouncing between fields in desperate search for a stable job, you too can run any of the standard off-season distractions. Basically, if you get there first, its yours for the season. Feel free to start a thread and run something!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

Freezing Cold Takes just brought up some Omar goodness:

I just got turned onto Freezing Cold Takes and now I want them to post hourly with this poo poo. Its amazing. I also like that they don't go after guys making predictions simply because they have to, and seem to focus on the guys that claim to be plugged in, or who double down on their assertions.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It couldn't be Armando, he's actually in with the FO.

Omar is the only guy who still tries to break stories with his poo poo opinion and he has very few player ties anymore.

Who else could it be? I wanted it to be Omar so bad but I may have been reading too much into it. Calling it dreadful was awesome regardless

I doubt Omar would straight up lie though. Not if its very easy for him to be caught

I feel like you are giving Omar too much credit. Also what type of lawyerin you doing these days?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Med mal defense and insurance property claims.

I quit this morning because my boss literally us every cliche of a shady south Florida lawyer. I'm done. Tax law in Denver or In house counsel work at FPL is next for me.

And man Omar might hate Tannehill more than PFZ does bc lol at him calling Tannehill not tough get the gently caress out

Haha, I bet that dude is in the cocaine addiction recovery group that is specifically for south Florida lawyers too.

I know some people at FPL. Aside from their lobbying to make solar power impossible in the loving Sunshine State, its a pretty well regarded company.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeBatard was like the only one talking about how the NFL lost against the NFLPA when they hid millions of dollars from the players. He is also one of the few ESPN guys that tends to side with players of the league on most issues.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I would totally put money down on him wearing a Foley.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I want to be the guy who is stacking something, boxes, newspapers, whatever. I tell the cops "yeah, I saw him last week at our poker game. I think he is working down on 12th street today."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

WW2 and Vietnam were basically the same war

True, both wars had a super power committing atrocities against civilian populace.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Isn't that like a step down for him?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: I don't want to blame my divorce on outside factors, but things took a turn for the worse when the Dolphins extended Ryan Tannehill.

No way that is a real tweet...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We should just make @0marKelly

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I dont see why Tillman can't go in as a contributor instead of a player if people are going to be so uppity about his work as a player.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tillman is an absurdist symbol for the whole thing. People are arguing about whether or not to put him in the Hall of Fame. Whether he gets in or not has zero bearing on the actual world. If he gets in, it doesn't devalue anything, it doesn't make the Hall some sham thing and even if it did, who the gently caress cares. We treat the HoF like some kind of loving temple that is so important and sacred, when it's literally the football equivalent of the high score screen in an arcade machine. The only people who argue about his inclusion are so far up their own asses that they think football is somehow more important than it should be.

Pat Tillman left a lucrative, high paying job to defend his country. Service of others should be the thing that we value most, and he was an embodiment of that notion. I honestly don't care if he gets in the HoF or not, but I think arguing about it in the same way as arguing whether or not Hines Ward belongs in the hall (he does) is the stupidest loving thing and anyone who actively engages in that debate is a loving idiot who lacks all perspective.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Would you accept a high score by some kid who only played the first level and got a glitch to give them points? :colbert:

Only if his initials were rear end, DIK, COK, or JIZ.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It means he wrote Crocodile Dundee 3.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That accompanying photo is so perfect.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well now he only has to out crazy Shannon Sharpe and not Stephen A. Smith, so going forward he will start to make more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Holy poo poo Dan.

• Locked thread