Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I will never understand why y'all read King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Incredible Ed posted:

The same reason people watch First Take.

I don't know why you do that either.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

I was wondering when the NFL was going to start calling in their hacks.

Merril Hoge had his career ended and nearly died because of concussions (which he later successfully sued the poo poo out of the Bears for mishandling), and he somehow still got all self-righteous about the Kurt Warner thing.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 11, 2012

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
All beer owns in its own way and beer snobbery is dumb is heck, just drink what you like and never lecture someone else about the beer they drink because it makes you look like a jerk and a nerd. There all beer arguments over.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

axeil posted:

These are both good news. I still don't understand why they fired everyone but Tainer and Posnanski. Might as well have let everyone go since you can't run a site with 2 writers.

Posnanski was the guy they were originally going to build the site around but it's been a really long time since he worked for them. He left the site for NBC after like two months or something like that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's also a legitimately good and well connected reporter (or at least he was). Before he got too far up his own rear end and decided to make every column at least half about him, he could actually be pretty informative. And like Kalli said this was before the days when twitter was around to break everything immediately.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 24, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Zach Lowe spends a significant amount of time awkwardly trying to fire back at people he thinks are being critical of him on twitter, even if they were actually complementing him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
There was a point where he seemed vaugely smart because he used big words and occasionally included numbers, but it didn't take very long to realize that his writing is a tortured, rambling mess, his numbers stuff is usually wrong, and he wrote the exact same gigantic column every single week. Eventually I think everyone collectively just stopped paying attention to him until he wrote the stupid poo poo that got him fired. I am genuinely surprised he's still writing almost every time someone brings him up.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 21, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Badfinger posted:

I got a haiku published in one of his columns back when I was in college.

I'm now also remembering he hates blitzing?

STOP ME BEFORE I BLITZ AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Team] Blitzed and [bad result] happened. Never blitz!

Somehow he turns that into like 2000 words every week.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coco13 posted:

Saying Russell Wilson isn't black enough is stereotyping Wisconsin quarterbacks.

He is not a true Wisconsin quarterback, both because he was only at Wisconsin for like six months and because he is not Jim Sorgi playing under an assumed name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Beard Yawn posted:

Upon some further reading, I guess you're right. I remember hearing when it first went down that their reasoning was that he'd taunted his bosses, but I just read that the president of ESPN said the primary cause was ~journalistic integrity~. Which is frankly hilarious coming from ESPN, celebrators of Tim Tebow's birthday.

That was probably the actual reason but not the one they gave. He tried to paint himself as a brave rebel and in the process strongly implied espn wasn't brave enough to call out goddell which is asinine given how they covered the story. I'd have been annoyed if I were them too.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 25, 2014

• Locked thread