Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
Never trust anything in the Chicago Sun-Times, their Bears reporting is terrible. I wish their entire sports department had been thrown in jail with Conrad Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

Borsche posted:

Calling someone a hard worker. Of course they are going to be a hard worker, I'm pretty sure that almost everyone in the NFL is a hard worker.

Counterpoint: Albert Haynesworth

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

ButtView posted:

I will never understand why y'all read King.

The same reason people watch First Take.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Chichevache posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Fin_du_Monde_(beer)

Beer talk is better than BBQ talk and I won't hear any disagreement.

They have it in bomber bottles at my Kroger :smugdog::hf::smaug:

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

I hope someday Florio writes about one of my press releases.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Rap posted:

Thank's you mana. Ed what do you press release about? Can I give you my email. need story leads always.

Georgia politics?

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Writing owns, commenters suck.

My stuff gets into the newspaper every once in a while, and the comments on AJC.com made me want to quit forever.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Half of this thread is the reason (sports) journalism is dead. It isn't the half claiming objectivity is important.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

I see it used really frequently among black Republicans for some reason.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Rap posted:

Yeah is this the women's appearances thread or can we talk about a female writer for her writing

You're right he shouldn't have taken a sexual implication from the use of the word boner

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

For the sake of my own sanity, I always replace the word 'source' with 'horse in sports reporting. It makes things more entertaining.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

That article is dumb.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Maybe King's connections will bring in good writers. I mean, Grantland owns even though Bill Simmons is annoying.

Right, guys? Guys?

This might just be me, but all the stuff I find interesting on Grantland comes from guest columns. Their staff writers are dogshit.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

It must be hard to
write five syllables
please ESPN
give me some money

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

It was obviously the result of a hard marijuana sale gone wrong. He shorted him by 25 kilograms of dope.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Rap posted:

Nobody editorializes worse than Rotoworld:
I don't mind the "Aaron Hernandez is a bad guy" poo poo before a conviction, because these are sports reporters we're talking about. But that last line, Jesus Christ. A private letter directly to a team, offering to make extraordinary accommodations, apparently unprompted. How is he a bad guy in this case exactly?

His attempts to provide more accountability than the player-protecting CBA allows shows his submission to management.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Denard Robinson will die on the field if they try to play him in any Tebow-style running. His brain is already basically mush.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Marketing New Brain posted:

Walter football is dumb and bad, this has been the case for years. I don't know how they ever got popular or what reputation they are coasting off of.

I'm guessing it's 80% the Emmitt Smith mocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

Anaranjado posted:

What if Michael Vick were gay?

He would probably still live in Atlanta.

• Locked thread