Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Cross posting cause not only does Peter King not write well about terrible coffee, he doesn't quite grasp grammar.

quote:

SAN FRANCISCO -- "It's going to be a blood bath," Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty said this week of the NFC Championship Game.

Right sentiment, wrong adjective. "Mud." Mud bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

It's almost entirely horseshit, considering that copula deletion, implied semantic data and idiom isn't measured by the equation. Thank loving Christ I don't have to conform to a certain value at work.

It is nice to know that there is an actual metric you can use to call Rick Reilly lovely though.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It's really too easy to rip on Peter King, especially in this somewhat dishonest fashion. But this amused me:

I saw that too and it amused me. I'm giving him a pass this week though cause that transcripted speech was interesting. It does indicate that his column is best when he isn't actually writing it though.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

I imagine him still using Dial Up and getting really angry when someone calls him

He has a pile of those '30 free hours!' discs and is set on using every single one of them.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Favre slobbering has been replaced with Brady slobbering. I remember he once wrote like 1/5 of his MMQB column on Brady and how he was sponsored by Under Armour and that (somehow) Brady was doing it as some sort of outreach to children.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

forums poster posted:

What does any of this mean?

It's a Chris Kluwe gimmick post. Unless of course he actually IS Chris Kluwe. We'll know for sure if Kluwe bobbles a snap or gets a punt blocked in the Vikings' next game vs the Seahawks :tinfoil:

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 24, 2012

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Sash! posted:

...I think I might be Peter King.

Help

Have you ever shattered an eight year old's dream by narcing on him at a baseball game and stealing a foul ball?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

It is unquestionable that Rick Reilly should be fired for such a massive breach of ethics which is why I think ESPN is going to do jack poo poo except maybe make him issue an apology.

On twitter.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

"Andrew McCutchen is polite, not like those other ni-" *BONG*

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I'm actually proud or PK for that one. Sure it wasn't about football, but he had like a real, coherent, not-incorrect thought about something and it wasn't spoon-fed to him.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I don't read at MMQB, I read and vibe along with the weekly KSK post.

Which is probably a shame, because it means I don't read anything else from MMQB unless someone links it in a thread here. He's sabotaging his own website.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ehud posted:

posted within 15 mins of each other

@ArmandoSalguero: I have it on good authority that the dolphins and Drew Rosenhaus have not even begun to talk about an Evan Mathis contract.

@OmarKelly: Spotted discussing a certain free agent OG (Evan Mathis) after practice today was Mike Tannenbaum & Drew Rosenhaus. LET'S DO THIS!

The way that's phrased makes it really clear that Omar was just guessing about what they were talking about. And also that Omar not grammar good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

he is a literal unironic Pftcommenter

• Locked thread