Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only really accurate guys are usually the beat writers from the local papers who tend to be a little more cryptic and get far less coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

My favorite Peter King moment ever was him bitching up a storm because someone got mad at him for talking in the Amtrak Quiet Car.

I will never like Peter King because he talked poo poo about Cam Newton before he ever met him in person and spoke to him.

Then when he went to the Panthers training camp and Cam went to talk to other reporters and fans except him he wrote about it crying that Cam was petty and rude and "snubbed him".

gently caress king.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PUNCHITCHEWIE posted:

I don't get how Schefter is so loved my GMs everywhere, he's been breaking every major story since the Portis/Bailey trade. Does he give everyone cocaine or something?

I don't think it's GMs, probably people in the front offices, who know about moves but don't necessarily have high access. Probably some people in the offices of agents as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he helped to trade information between teams and stuff like that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

"The Bills do make football sense. Coach Chan Gailey is perhaps the pro game's best at getting creative with mobile quarterbacks. He's the rare coach who would know what to do with Tebow. He could upgrade the backup position behind Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gailey could create packages for Tebow on the goal line and in short yardage, like the coach once did for Kordell Stewart."
-Gregg Rosenthal

This isn't a surprise, there was talk of the Bills being pretty locked into Cammy Cam if the Panthers didn't take him precisely because of Gailey's experience with mobile QBs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hizawk posted:

I also really like Pat Kirwin and on Sirius NFL Radio I absolutely love Ross Tucker.

Kirwan's book "take your eye off the ball" is really good too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree with the Bleacher Report hate, it's the most annoying thing that crops up in my phone's newsfeed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just to depart from the chit chat, due to being a huge panthers homer I'm kind of noticing a trend on NFL.com

They're trying to paint Cam Newton as a player who played badly last year in spite of his good performance. I just watched this: http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap2000000207479/Gerald-McCoy-Champ-Bailey-Cameron-Jordan

I've watched most of the others and can't remember one when half the time they spend poo poo talking the player rather than talking them up. Then there was the article talking about how the Panthers are going no where with Newton and the top whatever the gently caress list under 25 for QBs where it almost completely ignores that he's had the best first two years of any QB ever.

Fair enough call it accurately he still needs to mature a bit and he needs to work on some areas, but gently caress if you followed NFLs narrative it paints a very different picture than reality.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

I wonder if part of this is people getting news from "alternative media" sources. I mean, don't most savvy sports fans rely on Twitter and whatnot for news these days?

That's a big part of it, social media destroys mainstream media for it's ability to break stories quickly, I knew hernandez had been arrested before it was on any major news ticker because it exploded all over twitter and facebook.

Why would I want to listen to some douche in a suit with oily hair yell at me for thirty seconds between commercials for the NHRA series and pro bull riding when I know more about whats happening than the content of the story?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

jackyl posted:

I haven't lived in Denver for quite some time, but the Post is my go-to site for Broncos news over anything else. Although I enjoyed Paige's articles for what they were when he was a Post only writer (especially once Schefter showed up as his counterpart, although that couldn't last), so my opinion is suspect.

I read the observer every now and then and I'm not even american. I find it funny they have "religion" as one of the topics for their news site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nately posted:

In which Peter King regrets not sucking up hard enough:

Self parody doesn't even begin to describe it.

I just hope he has another whinge about being snubbed by Cam Newton again this year.

• Locked thread