Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The irony of Peter King complaining about an eating competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
GFYS!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/06/gay-former-player-encourages-current-gay-players-to-come-out/related/

Mike Florio posted:

As a result, my initial reaction was to conclude that I’d been the victim of a bait-and-switch, via an effort to build advance buzz for something that, standing along, wouldn’t have drawn much attention. So I initially refused to consider the article or watch the companion interview of Wade Davis.

In most cases (not all, but most), my stubbornness subsides fairly quickly. In this case, I’m glad it did.
thanks for this wonderful insight hack lawyer

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
congrats ham

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's gonna own when Omar Kelly has a Twitter meltdown

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It depresses me that Florio gets paid a lot more than I do.

E: For the crappy writing, not the lawyering.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Well hello there 1995

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

Speak for yourself you jizz slurping poo poo magnet. I'm making bank and having teh sex0rz with hb10s thanks to being a bad rear end punter. Now make like an ent and leaf, you whore smuggling dog prober.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
You're trying way too hard.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What if Peter King was black?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

From this point it would take one team winning out and the other losing out. I'd rather be wrong.
Ok :confused:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rooster Brooster posted:

Someone needs to tell that guy the Terrifying Tale of the 1996 Denver Broncos.
A week before the '96 AFC Divisional, Woody Paige wrote a column for The Denver Post about the Jaguars that was in the same vein as Shaughnessy's about the Texans above. I C&P'd it from here so there may be some typos. Shaughnessy's column is tame compared to this:

quote:

Jacksonville Jagwads? What league are they in?

When did the NFL start letting USFL teams participate in the playoffs? Did I miss something? Or, are the Jags from that goofy World League or the Continental Basketball Association? After the Broncos dispense with these Jagwads today, do they face the Barcelona Bobcats or the Birmingham Power & Light?

In the postseason the Denver Broncos are supposed to be playing the Cleveland Browns or the Oakland Raiders or the Buffalo Bills. The opposition should have an Al Davis or a Terry Bradshaw or a Bruce Smith to get riled about. There should be a 30-year rivalry and a playoff history and a spitting disgust for the other team. There should be bad blood and revenge and a suck-it-up sensation.

How do you get worked up to play somebody called Jacksonville with a bunch of nobodies?

Who wants to hurl insults and snowballs at Jagwads?

Mark Brunell is the quarterback. I give up.

Jacksonville? Is that a semi-pro team or a theme park? Isn't Jacksonville the only Florida city without a beach?

This is the playoff game Denver has been waiting for?

The Broncos go 13-3, yet are forced by the league to play kissyface with Jagwads. Bring on Pittsburgh - a mean team with meat on the bone.

When the Broncos reach the Super Bowl, skeptics will just say: "Oh, but they beat Jacksonville."

Wasn't Jackson (Miss.) State available?

Oh, I remember Jacksonville now. Expansion team. Been around for a couple of years. I get the Jacksonville Jags confused with the Carolina Panthers, or is it the Carolina Jags and the Florida Panthers? Isn't that the hockey team the Avalanche beat?

I looked it up, and the Jagwads did win six of their last seven regular-season games, against the likes of Baltimore (twice), Cincinnati, Houston, Seattle and Atlanta. That sounds like a Nebraska schedule. And the Jags squeaked into the playoffs on a quirky missed field goal by Atlanta. The Broncos didn't face such cupcake foes, except for Baltimore and Cincinnati and Seattle, and they marched into the playoffs cremating, for example, Chicago and Minnesota.

Who do these upstart Jagwads think they are, anyway, coming to Mile High Stadium, where the Broncos haven't lost this season and only once ever in the playoffs? They must think they belong here, but they will learn.

"I told you back before the season began that Jacksonville was going to be a playoff contender," said Adam Schefter, the self-proclaimed, know-it-all pro football expert employed by The Post.

I don't recall that specific statement. I do know that when Jacksonville beat the Broncos in the final exhibition, I said something like: "The Jags are awful. They should have Anita Bryant at middle linebacker."

In Jacksonville, the Broncos put up 17 points early and retired. John Elway played two series Aug. 23, and the rest of the starters lasted about a quarter. But Jagwads coach Tom Coughlin acted as if his team had just won the Super Bowl. "It was a helluva victory. We played great in the second half to come back and win it."

As if the Broncos were serious.

The conference must be really down this year for Jacksonville to make the playoffs.

Jacksonville reportedly has the No. 1-ranked passing game in the NFL. Wait until the Jagwads try that stuff at Mile High Stadium. And the Jags bring back center Dave Widell, who was a nice player and swell talk-show host in Denver in his day.

This is easy. It will not be a Jag War.

The tanned, rested and ready Broncos will invalidate the Jagwads. Instead of "The Drive" and "The Fumble,"

Denver-Jacksonville will be known as "The Blowout." The Broncos are favored by 14. Not enough.

This is where you get off, Jagwads. No way, no (Natrone) Means.

Broncos 31, Jags 10.

Can we get a legitimate NFL team in here next Sunday.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Preach to the choir

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
e: nevermind

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 1, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

jackyl posted:

Does anyone else keep an eye out for King when travelling to see if you can do something to him that will get you mentioned in MMQB or is that just me? Kinglandia seems to offer even more of an opportunity for this.
If I ever miraculously find out that King will be on one of my flights and that we will be sitting next to each other, I plan to not wear any deodorant for a couple of days prior so that he can write about smelly Indian passengers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ozu posted:

PFT could actually make a wise decision and kill their comment sections.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/seeking-comments-on-whether-we-should-dump-comments/
YouTube should follow suit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Its Miller Time posted:

I think there's a huge ego behind his aww shucks. His refusal to attempt to change his awful mechanics or play a position besides QB indicate to me he got spoiled when he was the king of Florida.
I don't think he's refusing to change his mechanics. He's just downright incapable of doing it for some reason.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah at this point I'm beginning to think Tebow feels entitled and doesn't need anyone's help to change his mechanics.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 12, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Goons making up poo poo to make tebow seem like an rear end in a top hat yup its the offseason alright
speculation brah

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I get all of my NFL news from here (or NFLN if I have it on in the background).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I've been getting that a lot lately, but for my field it makes sense because, ya know, network and all that :\
I recently interviewed with a law firm over the phone and got turned down because "I didn't sound enthusiastic about the job"...okay?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Pete Prisco has been a piece of poo poo for a good decade.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

superaielman posted:

Olbermann and Prisco deserve each other.
Are you implying Olbermann agrees with Prisco because :confused:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Pete Prisco kills himself we'll know why.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There was a season where the Packers finished below .500 but still scored more points than they allowed and for the life of me I can't remember which year it was.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ozu posted:

You probably mean 2008 when they went 6-10 with +39 in points and +7 in turnovers. You can see all point differentials on PFR.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/
That would be it, thanks. I tried looking it up on PFR too but failed miserably :shobon:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope Rick Reilly gets fired for that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rick Reilly brings shame to the state of Colorado.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think he's actually from Boulder, which is the complete opposite of Colorado Springs in every way possible.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Black Klansman
I...what

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Too bad Rush didn't croak when he had those chest pains awhile back.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
E: nevermind

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 21, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How long until The Onion deletes that

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

pangstrom posted:

The premise of the joke is that it's offensive ethnic slurs so barring mass outrage or something they won't.
I'm aware of the premise of the joke, but man the slur they use is almost on par with the n-word.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Owned

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
E: nothing to see here :v:

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 22, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At least Coors Light has some semblance of taste. Miller Lite's selling point is that their cans have a pop top and Bud Light's is that their commercials are occasionally funny.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ahahaha he uses some shithead from Bleacher Report as a "source"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I knew it'd be terrible so no! Nevermind I see it was a parody piece??

\/\/ I did

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

It is so much easier to be lovely and jaded than it is to actually look at what was written :v:.

I'm pretty sure this was not intended as serious journalism, but instead as a commentary on the nature of sports journalism itself. Meta-journalism if you will.
I read it and said as much. Sorry for jumping the gun :shrug:

• Locked thread