Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ribsauce posted:

This is the greatest video I have ever seen
http://deadspin.com/5960039/rick-re...sage-production

Look at Steve Young! He stares at him for 10 straight seconds and then hits him during the report. Steve Young is all of the sudden my favorite!

This is like yankeesfans.gif. Every time you watch it, you discover something new. I didn't even notice Young hitting Reilly the first few times watching it.

Dilfer looks like he wants to crawl under the desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just a reminder that Rick Reilly gets paid handsomely for this

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9261432/jets-view-stanza

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
And here's Spencer Hall with a must-read piece on why NFL media coverage is so bad across the board:

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/13/4326266/why-does-the-nfl-make-for-such-bad-media

I miss Dr. Z :(

Benne fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 13, 2013

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've only been to New York once, when I was 11, and even then I knew that walking was the only you could reliably get around Manhattan. If you're calling 6th Avenue "Avenue Of The Americas", then get the gently caress out of New York.

Also people don't want your fatass taking up sidewalk space. Take the goddamn cabs or shut up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pro Football Weekley is shuttering its doors

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/05/31/pro-football-weekly-says-goodbye

No more race-baiting pieces from Nolan Nawrocki :saddowns:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

swickles posted:

ESPN's ratings are down:

http://deadspin.com/espns-ratings-a...dium=socialflow

I think the most interesting stat from this article is that ESPN accounts for 45% of Disney's revenue :stare:.

The big takeaway from this is that the Spurs ruin everything

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Richard Sherman's column is the only thing I'm reading on that site

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pete Prisco is a loving clown and an embarrassment to the sportswriter community, even by sportswriter standards. Why CBS is still writing him checks is a mystery to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gregggg Easterbrook was on NPR yesterday shilling his new book.

It was exactly as pompous and shitheaded as you'd expect from Easterbrook.

You missed nothing of value.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ozu posted:

Mushnick isn't a beat writer. He trolls media members and likes to point out hypocrisy in hilariously misguided old white man fashion.

:stare:

He's not even trying to be subtle with his racism. This is a straight-up Freeper post.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still like basketball but it's been hard for me to get back into the NBA after the Sonics moved.

These days I tend to pay more attention to college hoops, while quietly resenting people who still have an NBA team to root for :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought you guys bought the Kings

Yeah, about that....

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why are you people still reading Bleacher Report

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If your goddamn lede has a pop culture reference, that's where I stop reading. Good work, Dameshek.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's hilarious how many Colorado papers used the exact same "Orange Crushed" headline http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/default.asp?page=2

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the best front page yet

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Someone on Twitter just showed me these articles from a "former scout." I....I can't tell if he's serious or trying to land an Onion gig

http://www.touchdown-europe.net/2014/02/daniel-kelly-tim-tebow-future-hall-of.html

http://www.touchdown-europe.net/2014/02/daniel-kelly-michael-sam-most-powerful.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, I think the name is the inherent issue with the tournament, and part of why we had so many derails last year. People see the word "douche" and think of Tapout shirts and Axe body spray, not actual crimes committed. When I read about Darren Sharper, I don't think "what a douche," I think "holy poo poo this guy needs to be locked away yesterday."

I'm not sure how to fix that dissonance outside of outright changing the name.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, they're really quick and reliable with timely draft stuff like Combine and pro day results. Other than that, I avoid them like the plague.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm starting to think Omar is an elaborate prank from the Sun-Sentinel.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

superaielman posted:

While Omar Kelly is the worst, Pete Prisco is special and deserves mention in this thread. What the kind of late middle aged jorts wearing sportswriter seriously picks twitter slapfights with NFL players and other writers? See: His trolling of Arian Foster today and dumb comments on NFL running backs.

Sounds like you answered your own question

Chris Gaines posted:

One who is probably a virgin and still lives with his mom.

The dude unironically dropped this very line when he went after Spencer Hall

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Su'a-Filo isn't falling to No. 32 but I'd be pretty stoked if that happened

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't a goon used to run the FakeOmarKelly account, and then quit because it was impossible to distinguish between the real Omar?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of PFTCommenter, he applied to be a member of the Pro Football Writer's Association a while back. It went about as well as you'd expect.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/9/5793486/how-to-get-rejected-by-the-pfwa

This guy's gimmick should've run dry ages ago, but somehow he's still getting good comedy out of it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Marvin Harrison is basically the Gus Fring of football and it's kinda fascinating. I wonder how much other poo poo went down that didn't even sniff the papers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ehud and Omar should just make out and get it over with already

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The hot takes are loving flying today

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The only reason I knew TMQ was still around was because of Deadspin. Boy did that column become dated in a hurry when Grantland took off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ribsauce posted:

umm Big Show is 7 feet tall and Mayweather took him out.

That's impossible, nobody can lift the Big Show

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Pete, we saw Favre's dick too. You can stop describing it in detail."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Draftkings/FanDuel ads piss me off because I can't even legally play them in my state. STOP BUGGING ME WITH A PRODUCT I LITERALLY CANNOT CONSUME.

E: I'm sure there are workarounds to that if I really wanted to play, but welp I already hate the product because of their billion ads so great job marketing team

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least FanDuel tries to explain how their game works and what makes it different from regular fantasy football. Draftkings just has the same generic actors in a generic sports bar celebrating for no discernible reason. If you switched the logos it could easily pass for a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

They're spending so much goddamn money but making no attempt to tell us why they're different and supposedly special. It's giving me flashbacks to the dot-com bubble.

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 20, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chris Mortensen has throat cancer :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Omar Kelly is a special blend of "football douchebag" and "Miami douchebag." I bet he's pissed that he didn't get a guest spot on Ballers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't even know who covers the Seahawks right now. It used to be Mike Sando (bland but inoffensive) but they moved him somewhere else recently.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doing a fake Omar account is impossible because nobody can out-Omar Omar

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm almost certain Kiper wears Depends

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm the extra whose only scene got cut in editing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In other beat writer news, Tania Ganguli is leaving ESPN to cover the NBA for the LA Times.

• Locked thread