Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am still found of the guy who compared holding the PS4 controller to fondling a teenage girl's breasts in the backseat of a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SlipUp posted:

Well in that case I hope one day old white men are able to cast off their oppressors and live free.

You seem really upset about something really reasonable

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SlipUp posted:

Well I'm glad there's so much support against ageism in this particular circumstance, I hope we can all approach the next NFL celebration clampdown or owner racism controversy with the same consistency.

U mad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

it's like there's a mental reflex in some people who as soon as they see the suffix -ism attatched to anything they start yelling "WHY ARE YOU SO OFFENDED" at everyone involved

its called chronic GBS

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's kind of hosed up that guy keeps his blowup doll in the corner like that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am the vaguely skeezy defense lawyer who gets crucial evidence thrown out because Lennie Briscoe never follows the loving procedure

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

I want to be the overexcited defense attorney that questions the prosc witness' credentials to the point where the judge shouts that the witness is an expert!

you're why we always loving lose!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

warcrimes posted:

I'm the overworked, jaded defense attorney who incompetently got the wrong guy convicted because the system failed.

no one on the show is the wrong guy jesus christ get your poo poo together

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

warcrimes posted:

They've done plenty of wrongly convicted storylines. Hell, I just watched on a couple of nights ago.

I didn't know there was a spinoff Law and Order:Lieberal Pussy Bullshit Squad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love how he tries to make this sound like a bad thing

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/06/ali_ushered_in_the_era_of_pree.html posted:

The first is his creation of the preening, prancing, unapologetically boastful demeanor that has become such a familiar plague on the world of sports. Every batter who hits a home run and stands at the plate for long moments admiring it, every basketball player who taunts the other team after sinking a three-pointer, every football player who breaks into a foolish dance after making a tackle – all of them are Ali's progeny.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jason Whitlock holds a huge grudge against Ta-Nehisi Coates because Coates didn't leave the Atlantic for The Undefeated and that is hilarious to me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The worst sports journalists are the ones who imagine they are as important to the narrative and culture of sports as the athletes themselves and fail to realize they are vermin nibbling at the droppings of their betters

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

So they're like literary critics?

Michiko Kakutani doesn't imagine she makes great novels relevant

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So Peter King took a photo of him driving in the bike lane because he was late for an interview

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dr_Strangelove posted:

The Twitter backlash has been outstanding

Even the police called him out lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Please show this

http://deadspin.com/peter-king-drives-in-bike-lane-suffers-wrath-of-the-in-1785595153

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Asked restaurant host: "God, did you hear about Hitler?" Host: "No." Me: "Died. He killed himself." Thought he would cry.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pat Tillman gets fragged by his own side and he's a hero but it happens to Geno and he has maturity issues

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Peter King bitched and moaned for years about the greatest punter of all time getting in but he wants a mediocre guy who got tk'ed in the desert to go in the first round?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

i think Peter is saying he doesn't want Pat Tillman in the HOF?

I interpreted not mine to be Peter King "humble" empty quoting

Peter King doesn't seem the type to call the HoF "his"

Kalli posted:

Tillman managed an interception 7000 miles from a football stadium.

Put him in the hall.

please if anything it was OPI

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Ray Guy shouldn't be there either.

Sorry wrong idiot for being so idiot wrong

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I always liked Febreeze's comic

"Why is Hines Ward returning a kickoff?"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Badfinger posted:

Christ, what the gently caress dude.

How many wide receivers can claim they literally rewrote the rules?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

v2vian man posted:

i wouldn't usually pick on a typo or homophone but this is pretty bad

I know it's not the joke, but a hard d locks down the advantage for Siemian

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/skip-bayless-trent-dilfer-undisputed-colin-kaepernick-plantation-mentality

Skip Bayless... owns?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don;t even really get whats going on

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

HEY GUYS ARE WE TALKING BOOKS IN HERE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

so good

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/fl-sp-dolphins-omar-kelly-open-letter-20170726-story.html

there is so much but i'll just start where it really gets good. Like I don't know what to even put in bold below lol.

this is the kind of post that should be put in a snifter and swirled around a bit before savoring

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud how much would you pay for a super cut of Kelly backing down every time he gets confronted at training camp

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That article has to be objective proof that the Sports editor doesn't read a single word of what Kelly types

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Or it was even more self important to start with.

Somehow.

I feel like even then a decent editor would be like "Omar, half of this article about Dolphins training camp cannot be about how important you feel you are"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am 100% positive he pays hookers to wear a mask of him when the gently caress

• Locked thread