Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

GD_American posted:

Deadspin being laughably lovely and thin-skinned about the similarity of their SEO-driven model:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/deadspin-criticizes-bleacher-report-for-being-like-deadspin_b69133

The guy from Deadspin is right though, and posting emails like that has worn pretty thin. And on top of that the article is lovely enough to be mistaken for a Deadspin meta-sports-blog post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I would most definitely run over someone on these forums riding a bike for a six figure salary

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Tillman should be in canton and so should every other player who served in the military and played in the NFL, but not in the hall of fame. do something nicer for a hero than a plaque with an asterisk hanging next to warren sapp.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How many wide receivers can claim they literally rewrote the rules?

calvin johnson, who also isn't going into the hof

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lol at the military photo metadata tools and The Soldiers Creed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The cards game had a 3 man booth and i was about dying from how bad it is. I hate it in baseball but I can kind of understand it because sometimes baseball is too boring and long for 2 people to fill the dead air with but in football there's a play every 40 seconds tops and sometimes you have to bring in pereira to explain something and there's times when the ref is speaking and you don't talk over him, etc. i don't think the color guys were actually dilfer level bad but there were 2 of them and they would talk over eachother and start to speak and say "no you go first" and it was just way worse than if you only had the worse of the 2 in the booth.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

and he believed you

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I LIKE the McConaughey Lincoln commercials. (1) There are a lot of different versions. (2) They add a new one to the rotation regularly. (3) They don't SHOUT AT YOU. It's an oasis of quiet in a series of loud, insulting commercials.

—John N., Belleview, Fla.

When I was young, we had a small home, and when I played records on my turntable, I played a lot of Elton John. A lot. Once (maybe 51 times, actually), my father asked me if I like any other music than that crap. Not sure I did. Anyway, that story occurred to me when when I read your email.

(peter king)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

“We were just talking about the over/under on that [number of current Raiders who will ever play a down in Vegas],” Del Rio said.

I asked: “What is the over-under on that?”

Del Rio smirked. “I can’t get into that right now,” he said.

Over/under. Vegas. Get it?

-- peter king

• Locked thread