Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

quote:

Gleason knew if the tape came out, he'd spend much of whatever cogent energy he has left on something he never intended to fight -- the rantings of a renegade coach -- instead of focusing on what his aim is: trying to make ALS patients live more productive lives.

Your bias is showing, author!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Armando Salguero, quite possibly the worst beat writer in Miami, was fired from his radio show. He has since been sending nasty private messages on Twitter to people that make fun of him.

https://twitter.com/JaySoCrayZ/status/206824927532302337

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is the same guy who went on a 10 minute tirade after being introduced on... The Herd... I think... when Peyton was making his "decision" and they brought in different beat writers.

The host introduced him as a beat writer, Armando immediately corrected him and said "I'm a columnist for the Sentinel", where the host said "Well, they are pretty much the same thing" and Salguero used his entire time to explain the difference and why he was better than a beat writer. He then said Peyton would come to Miami because he was familiar with the area.

gently caress he is awful

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He only writes about the Miami Dolphins. That's it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He was acting like being a beat writer is looked down upon by columnists. He was insulted he was considered a beat writer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'd have much better insults, at least.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
To be fair to Omar (and that really disgusts me to say), Evan Silvia has been making jabs all week at Omar and his newspaper, saying he has an agenda to push certain players. That makes no sense to me.

And Evan Silvia does not know possession/plural. Look at his twitter. It burns my brain HE GETS PAID TO WRITE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

It's gonna own when Omar Kelly has a Twitter meltdown

He's had a few where he's blocked like 10-15 people at once when people start mocking him openly.

He's a gem.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

It depresses me that Florio gets paid a lot more than I do.

E: For the crappy writing, not the lawyering.

If he's this to sports writing I'd love to know how he is as an attorney.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

If Florio and Peter King were TFF posters what would their avatars' be?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo they sold Bleacher Report for $180,000,000? I just threw up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No loving way Omar is that delusional

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's living my loving dream and I hate him so much for it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every lawyers dream is to do something other than law. Add in football...sigh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How dare you blame ANYTHING on Tannehill you mother fucker.

Tannehill had a couple games where he blew the big pass (two of which would have given Hartline touchdowns) but he was certainly not given any favors by guys like Legedu Naanee (still by far the greatest Omar Kelley snafu)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jason Cole and Evan Silvia might be the two worst national sportswriters out there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

superaielman posted:

A little bitter because of all of Silva's jabs at the Dolphins? Silva is fine, though I wish he'd editorialize less.

Silvia takes jabs at everyone that're not the Jets and he's usually reaching while doing it. I haven't really hidden my distaste for national writers who can't leave their bias at the door.

Plus his analysis is always awful. Rotoworld should really stick to fantasy football and injury updates - their player and draft analysis is usually way off

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goons making up poo poo to make tebow seem like an rear end in a top hat yup its the offseason alright

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also a reminder Kevin Burnett called Omar two faced and told him to put some pads n if he wants to talk about players like he's on their level

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
http://randompixels.blogspot.com/2013/05/miami-herald-sportswriter-armando.html

L.
O.
L.

Holy gently caress. That second email is nice. Although, this little unprovoked gem from this guy is pretty loving outrageous too

quote:

You are so foolish and easily swayed by the powerful that it is no surprise that your family has a past history of conforming to those who desire to control the masses.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 28, 2013

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

quote:

but It's strange that people who do all this admirable and heroic fighting for personal freedoms, then take flight, leaving other friends and family behind to suffer under the fascist oppression left behind.

Some real gems in this fight

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You already have a job. Back off. I'll take it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

it's not my fault you went to fake school :colbert:

At this rate I might just say gently caress it to Florida and go back up to Toronto. I at least can continue working up there! Holy hell is this state saturated.

swickles posted:

I can't wait til Crazy ends up like Jeff Winger from Community and has to go to MDC with a bunch of weird kids.

I wish I had his charm

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It blows my mind when people are so mind numbingly unprofessional that they cannot stop bias from entering their stuff.

Ive mentioned it multiple times but Evan Silva is awful about it. He had this weird strange obsession with Jeff Ireland and slams him out of nowhere constantly. Id love to know what Ireland did.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dirt Worshipper posted:

To give a specific example of what he dislikes Ireland for, I think he has issue with what Ireland managed to put together player-wise with the draft picks from trading Marshall and Davis, as opposed to keeping those players. Keep in mind I'm not making that argument personally.

E: woa I meant to add that not delete my first post entirely, oops.

Silva has been doing it since 2010, before either of those things happened though. Ireland HAD to have done something behind closed doors. Or maybe Silva is just a big huge baby, I have no clue.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rap posted:

I'm mad my gf left, but I was also mad when she was with me.

Dude Im right here I can read your posts

edit: answer the phone tough guy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rap posted:

Inlander didn't offer me job :( They said moving to a city where I didn't know anyone was a big challenge and they weren't sure a person could handle it. Might have been a BS excuse, who can say, who can say

I've been getting that a lot lately, but for my field it makes sense because, ya know, network and all that :\

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Are you loving kidding me he opted to put ALL SEVEN ROUNDS AND WRITE PASS all the way until the 7th round?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh my god that loving headline

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/20/manti-teo-junior-seau/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

They have. They also get a percentage of royalties on merchandise and such, so that helps too.

And a certain number of Seminole Indians get scholarships to FSU every year. You can rag on FSU for a lot of stuff but certainly not the Seminole stuff

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well that's an interesting tangent to go on. I apologize, I was unaware I was offending you.

I appreciate the direct "passive aggressive child" approach at correcting me though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

superaielman posted:

Sample size of those Omar polled: 2. Himself and his mother.

He's well known in south Florida because literally nobody respects him. Time for a fakeomarkelly update

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's such a goddamn caricature of himself at this point holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

superaielman posted:

What really makes me sad is that FakeOmarKelly hasn't updated since July.

It just got boring. Also it was two guys, so I'm extra shocked it's been stuck

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think your causation and correlation are a little skewed but whatever. Having the drug debate in the US is so mind numbingly irritating

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's just I don't know I'm so scared

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hmmm yes straight up murdering several people not nearly as bad as being a shithead bully.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Then I dont even know what to think then. A guy who likely went around raping multiple women across the US or a guy who likely MURDERED multiple people... not douches

If you vote for a lovely white collar criminal or a shithead bully over them then I think you need therapy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jerome Agricola posted:

This is the sort of poo poo that soured the vote last year. People wouldn't shut up about who everyone else was voting wrong. It's not really that serious, you know...

...so I really shouldn't be complaining about complaining.

I wouldn't waste any effort on complaining, because I can't provide the previously mentioned years of therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
@FakeOmarKelly: What do the Hulk and I have in common you might ask? We both have a guy named Bruce inside us a few times a week

• Locked thread