Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I don't want to post the entire article but I made the mistake of clicking on a Florio article about where Tebow should end up. I can't stand the argument made by people when they say sports teams should sign/draft a player just because they would get people in the seats (Texans drafting Young, Jaguars drafting Tebow, etc.) since it is a short term solution and most of the time not even in the best interest of the team. Yet the first sentence...

quote:

1. The Rams.

They volunteered to play in England in part because they believe that it will make them like the Cowboys and Steelers. It won’t.

Tebow could.

Throw in the ongoing struggles to sell tickets (sellouts undoubtedly come from owner Stan Kroenke buying up the unsold seats at 34 cents on the dollar) and a possible move to Los Angeles, and Tebow makes plenty of sense wearing horns from a creature other than, you know, the devil.

Follow by

quote:

2. The Vikings.

Speaking of horns, Tebow could help maximize local interest during what could be a lame-duck season in Minnesota. The Vikings are getting no closer to getting a new stadium built. Tebowmania could be the thing that gets it done.

And I stopped reading at that point. It boggles my mind that Florio and PFT have somehow become a respected institution in the football media world. I am hoping that this is a work of satire that is over my reading comprehension levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread