Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Good to see this is back, I'll see if I can find a tunnel. Please don't let this thread turn into the bitch/whine fest the last one did.

\/Agree completely, part of what makes the game fun

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Some initial bitching aside glad to see it's off to a good start. If no one has found a lovely coffee shop by the time I head home I'll brave a hipster coffee shop.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Gullous posted:

I did not, I was out of the house!

If I win, I'm choosing your bike in a million pieces or your bike in an impound lot

Million pieces...that sounds like the CRF every ten hours or so
Impound lot...that sounds like the CRF every ten hours or so

Ah crap

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I call bullshit. That doesn't look like any hospital I've ever seen. Is it an animal hospital or something? :colbert:

I think he is from Australia or something, he did us the favor of flipping the photo over so it's harder to tell.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

SV in front of the Bull Run Steam plant operated by the TVA.

Challenge: :siren:Your motorcycle in front of a Firetruck:siren:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 21, 2012

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

If no one posts a pic with a firetruck by tomorrow afternoon or so nsaP can choose the next challenge. As mentioned I changed the challenge from a windy road sign to a firetruck. But firetrucks are awesome so someone get that picture.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

I've been trying so hard but I always get beaten :(

Keep trying because every time I want to buy a WR250 a bit more.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Bike in pieces...no problem. SV track bike work in progress.

ah beaten

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

:siren:Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!:siren:

Someone please complete this challenge so I don't have to commute on the CRF

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Lesse... :siren:A bird's eye view of your bike!:siren:

Nice challenge, I'll get this after work if no one else does.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Detroit117 posted:

:siren: your bike next to an old rusted car :siren:
(Must move under its own power)

My SV next to the neighbors VW dropside truck. Runs (not that great) and is rusty.

:siren: Your bike next to renewable energy (solar/wind/hydro) :siren:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Detroit117 posted:

I've always wanted to get a truck like that in lieu of a pickup. Would make an interesting bike/parts hauler.

Does your neighbor use it for anything?

It's a pretty cool truck and until two years ago he was using it daily as a work truck. Now he works on it as time allows, yesterday we spend a few hours working on the wiring under the dash.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I bet my Ex would count as a crazy person, but I'd rather take a pic with Manson I think. Do you think they'd let me in if I told them it was for the internet?

What's the worst that could happen...take pics.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

:siren: Your bike with a transient/vagrant/town crazy person! :siren:

Would the crazy people I'll be riding with at the track tomorrow work? Otherwise maybe throw up an alternate challenge to keep things going.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Lord_ExDeath posted:

SV650S off-roading possibly coming tomorrow if nobody posts something by then.
Works just fine for fire roads as long as there isn't much deep sand, loose gravel or 12"+ water crossings. Avoid jeep trails and single track though...oil filter is pretty vulnerable. Long story

Looks like riding the SV into work every day is wearing off on people. Guy I've talked to a few times picked up a nice 2007 SV650S three weeks ago and has been riding when able. He even picked up a high vis jacket. We almost match.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

:siren:Keep your poo poo nice.:siren: Change your oil. Oil your chain. Adjust that fucker! I know I'm going to be doing that over the weekend. Show me you are too, with pictures.

Crap I just did this last weekend. I suppose I could do it on the CRF again, I rode it around the block so it pry needs more oil.

Does building it count? Feels like cheating otherwise I would take a picture of the track bike with it's new unmounted tires, oil pan and general mess of poo poo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

drat I can't believe this challenge still stands. I'll try to remember Monday to get a shot if I don't get bored this weekend and go do it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Strife posted:

:siren:Photograph your bike with an island in the background:siren:

If you live in one of those terrible landlocked states, feel free to take a picture of your bike next to the island in your kitchen.

Trials bike next to my island. Yes I did ride it into the house, my house smells awesome now.

Because it's drat hot out - :siren:Your bike in the water:siren:
On the beach in the water a bit, or a water crossing in a stream or maybe the kiddie pool that's been under the house for years. A bathtub or shower will also work.

Don't drown your bike

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 1, 2012

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Simkin posted:

New challenge: :siren: YOUR BIKE IN A TRUCK :siren:
In the interest of moving things along so you guys stop bitching this is my little bike in my brothers truck.

Comedy option, my golf playing truck with a SV650 in the back

:siren:Your bike breaking the law:siren: - Have a nice golf course nearby? Or maybe a stay off lawn sign somewhere? Or a handicap spot?

Please avoid crashing and dying trying to get a picture of yourself breaking the speed limit.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 8, 2012

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Strife posted:

I wonder if you can get handicapped plates for a motorcycle.

Yes you can, there is one at work whenever the weather is nice for riding. Guy has a lot of trouble getting around but loves his bike.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Monkey Wrangler posted:

:siren:Your bike next to a large piece of technology:siren:

I asked, they won't let me roll the SV in to get a shot in front of the fastest computer in the world

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I wonder if I can drag knee on the trials bike

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

What, no one's found an ice cream place in two weeks?

One of the many gelato places in North Beach. The ice cream is in the coffee cup because apparently that's how you get it when you ask for something to go from a real Italian place. The flavor is spumoni: chocolate, pistachio and cherry mixed together with nuts and fruit. It's my favorite flavor since I was a kid but you can only rarely find it in the grocery store, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it in most of the gelato places around here.

Since it's springtime, the snow will be melting and the rivers will be running high. The next challenge will be :siren: your bike with an overflowing stream:siren: -- or at least some body of fast-moving water.

Oh son of a... I went out and did this Saturday then went and played around on some gravel roads. One of those gravel roads has a water crossing due to an overflowing stream that I was going to take a picture of. Oh well.

Here's bike by the ice cream shop I didn't know was ~10 minutes from my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Dead Pressed posted:

Norris Dam is a hydroelectric and flood control structure located on the Clinch River in Anderson County and Campbell County, Tennessee, United States. Construction of Norris Dam began in 1933 as the first project by the Tennessee Valley Authority, a Great Depression-era entity created by the federal government to control flooding and bring electricity and economic development to the Tennessee Valley. Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) enrollees were sent to build the park. Many of the facilities at the park were constructed by the CCC and are still in use. Norris Dam State Park was named for Nebraska Senator George William Norris, who lobbied intensively for the creation of the Tennessee Valley Authority in the early 1930’s.

My wife and my matching scooters. :) Tomos Nitro 150s.

Boy, do I love living in the Smokies.

:siren:Your bike next to something it shouldn't. Bonus points for you getting in on the photo action!,:siren:

I was going to head to this same drat dam yesterday then got sidetracked. I live about 10 minutes away...:ninja:

• Locked thread