Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Thread is taking a turn for the sassy, someone come through with a laundromat pic!!

Its easy, theres like one every two blocks in big cities!

I ride by one (at least one) on my way home from work every day, I'll try to get one! Just a couple more hours oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Doooooo it!!!!

It's so close to my apartment, I had no excuse. This is minutes after I had a great experience with a small green SUV that decided to drive alongside me in my lane for a while. That is not the intention of lane sharing :argh:

I had to kinda stand in the street (in rush hour, by an intersection) to get this so I had to stay close.

:siren: YOUR CHALLENGE: A BOAT :siren:

The boat must be bigger than your motorcycle. (no toy boats, sorry landlocked states)

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 15, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Linedance posted:

My challenge, since I'm now going to get an expensive coffee from Monmouth Coffee in borough market is as follows:

:siren: take a picture outside a hip urban coffee shop with an espresso based beverage :siren:

if you haven't got one of those, I guess a Tim Hortons will have to do!

That is a cool boat. Thanks for skipping the rowboat.

Of all days for me to not ride into work, a coffee shop challenge? I'm in Seattle, goddamnit. I can't even count how many I pass on my (2.5 mile) ride to work. My office is a mile away from Starbucks HQ :argh:

Someone better beat me to this

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Do you pass more dispensaries or more coffee shops otw to work?

I may pass more coffee shops, but I probably smell weed more than I smell coffee.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Spiffness posted:

It's too bad that bar isn't done right. It has so much potential, but is very weak in execution.

I end up there pretty often for scooter events, the owner is involved in Vespa Club of Seattle. I love the crystal ball P/PX occasionally parked inside, but the establishment itself is pretty underwhelming.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Shimrod posted:

e: Home now - provided it does :siren:Pic of your bike in front of a police station:siren:

SPD: violating rights and hiding records since

If this is all gravy, then let's get arty:

:siren: a sculpture or statue :siren:

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 16, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Gullous posted:

I was thinking of what would make for a fun ride/adventure. I've gone Google map hunting in the past and watershed stuff has always resulted in cool poo poo; pristine pavement/access roads, pictures of weird industrial poo poo in the woods, and misdemeanor trespass!

But for you lazy Seattle goons This is easy

For some of us Seattle goons it is even easier (this is a mile from me) but I'm sick as a dog and probably won't be leaving the house.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

ReelBigLizard posted:

:siren:Your bike and something from World War 2:siren:
EDIT: should not be something you have laying around. But you can be abstract with it, armour, planes, institutions, memorials

At Seattle's Museum of Flight: A Superfortress in a Supercondom!

And a regular Flying Fortress protecting just the tips:

Bonus Cold War:

While I was riding down to Boeing Field, alongside which this museum is located, I had the piss scared out of me as two Growlers came in for landing, flying in tandem. So loud. Well, I'm guessing they were Growlers, as there's a base nearby with them, but they could've been Super Hornets.

:siren: your bike and a construction zone :siren: (road works or buildings or whatever)

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

Well, none of Gay Nudist Dad's photos are loading for me, so as far as I'm concerned you won that one. Good one, too...I wasn't expecting an air raid siren.

Imgur's been flaky on me this evening. Even pics on earlier pages of this thread weren't loading. It'll happen. They're real!

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Aargh posted:

I was trying to come up with sonething here yesterday but was really struggling. Maybe long distance touring?

Riding below the speed limit (with both wheels in alignment and on the ground)

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Safety Dance posted:

Lesse... :siren:A bird's eye view of your bike!:siren:

Oh, man, this was made for me. This from the deck at work, looking down from the 4th floor:

Bonus view, lensflare, and inspiration for the next challenge:

:siren: your ride and a major sporting event location (pro preferred) :siren:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Ghost Cactus posted:

Hm, okay, even though that house is cool...

:siren: Please post a picture of your bike at a cemetery!:siren:

Bonus if it's old - old cemeteries are neat.

Definitely trying for this after work. There's one about as old as Seattle near me.

Might even find Bruce Lee's grave!

e: did it

(blurry, phone zoom)

I did not find Bruce Lee's grave. I looked up roughly where it was to try and find it, but when I got to that part of the cemetery there was an old guy nearby reading. And he gave me some dirty loving looks when I rolled up on my loud putt-putting 2-stroke scooter and it made me feel like a jerk for riding my giant popcorn machine-sounding bike through a quiet cemetery.

When I stopped to get these pictures (away from the old dude) I realized how annoying I was: it was SO QUIET. You'd never know you were in the middle of a city. I live less than a mile away and it's much, much louder.

That is Lake View Cemetery in Seattle, established 1873. 4 years younger than the city.

The new challenge is...

:siren: something for sale that you can't afford :siren:

(*I'm talking supercar dealerships, mansions with real estate signs, hell even a new John Deere combine or whatever)

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 5, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I guess it's somewhat doable, but it's going to take a rare person - someone who knows about it, has the opportunity to ride to it, and has one within riding distance.

I did some googling about old airports/airfields near Seattle and I suspect they've all been demolished and built over by now.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Safety Dance posted:

Your next challenge:
:siren:Show me something associated with a song!:siren:
If you're in Detroit, go visit 8 Mile Rd. If you're in Massachusetts, show me Theresa's Stockbridge Cafe (formerly Alice's Restaurant). Get creative!

First:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnfYJEypRE
We stopped at Taco Bell for some Mexican eatin'
But Taco Bell was closed the girls was on my tip
They said go back the other way we'll stop and eat at Dick's
Dick's is the place were the cool hang out
The swass like to play and the rich flaunt clout
Posse to he burger stand so big we walk in twos
Were gettin dirty looks from those other sucka crews

Second:

This is the actual Dick's in the song/video, on Broadway near Denny in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. The Taco Bell doesn't exist anymore.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is
:siren: your bike in front of a donut shop with a donut (the donut must be visible on the bike) :siren:

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 6, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

SaNChEzZ posted:

Bonus points if the donut is on your handlebar? (Handlebar through hole)

If that's the cleverest thing you can come up with, but I think you can do better.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Old pictures don't count anyway, so no, you technically did not complete it

:colbert:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Well I waded through the tourists down at Pike Place Market to get a picture with the copper pig down there - but it's actually not giant. I'm pretty sure it's normal size for swine.

It was too busy down there for me to get my scooter right next to it. Plus there are cops and security all over. Here's a pic from the street with my bike's headset in the foreground:

And since I failed with that hog here's a bonus hog

I'm not calling a new challenge because I do not believe I have met this challenge :colbert:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Motherfuckin' SPACE NEEDLE

Bonus stupid EMP:

(this is like an upskirt shot)

Your next challenge is:
:siren::nyan:The headquarters of a famous company/organization!:nyan::siren:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Ironhead posted:

Haha my Dyna is beat to poo poo, been hit a couple of times, buried in snowbanks, taken off road, but sure, I'll take it on behalf of 99% of Harley owners.

:siren: NEW CHALLENGE! :siren: Since we all know motocycle enthusiasts are learned people, how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Ballet mothefucker.

:siren:YOUR CHALLENGE:siren:
YOUR BIKE WITH YOUR DREAM BIKE OR AT A PLACE THAT SELLS YOUR DREAM BIKE!!

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

I assume this means realistically attainable dream bike then, right? Cause, you know, it's going to be hard to find a '34 R7 just hanging around.

Still doesn't help though I guess cause my current most desired bike is used and only available in Japan :saddowns:

I guess. But it also can't be something you already own. There has to be a reason you don't have it - it has to be a reach.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

:colbert:

In the spirit of Christmas one-upmanship, I have an alternate challenge. :siren: Your bike with a real live Santa Claus! Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it. :siren:

(IOwnCalculus - can we please rename the subforum to Cycle Asylum: Scooters and Ballet?)

Oh look at this rear end in a top hat, parking his wife's Harley on a stage.

Well played, rear end in a top hat. Well played.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I'm going to a scooter event today, I should be able to get a good picture, if Day Man doesn't beat me to it. I'll have to see if I can upload a picture and post from my phone.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Oh man I just realized I can do this, and it's current - this is from Sunday afternoon.

From this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEgCcAEOr4 (black bike, tan jacket, candycane stripe helmet, I'm visible a few times).

your challenge: :siren: a train in motion :siren: (have we done that yet?)

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

"A train in motion": the challenge you'll do 800 times before you get the timing just right.

Next challenge: fly an r/c plane around the city before it runs out of gas!

Do you really think it'll be difficult? I never said what part of the train or the size of the train. Maybe my perception is skewed because of where I live but I imagine there are plenty of CA goons living near a freight main line, commuter line, subway, tracked trolley, operating railroad museum, etc.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

grunthaas posted:

:siren: Your bike silhouetted in a scenic sunset :siren:

On a beach, mountains in the background - somewhere you've got to ride to.

Overlooking downtown Bellingham and Bellingham Bay, after riding the new scooter over 100 miles to get there (on a 125cc).

:siren::siren: Your bike at a distillery :siren::siren:

And if nobody can get it in a week or two or whatever then a brewery or winery I guess

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

clutchpuck posted:

A Seattle goon better get this one, Backfire is tonight and that happens between three craft breweries. I can't make it :(

Oh, drat. I was there, but didn't see the new challenge. Oh well!

I think I saw Slim Pickens wave at me as I rode by, maybe he'll get it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Slavvy posted:

I realise that deer are fuckers et al but I'm amazed that 'not locking the rear wheel' and it's unsaid corollary, 'using the front brake fully' did not make it into your paragraph of things you could've done differently.

Having had the time to make up your mind about which direction was the ideal soccer-dive path to escape collision, surely just braking more would've, at the very most, simply resulted in you hitting the deer at very low speed.

Also leaving out the Step 1, even better, more guaranteed advantage of "it's 2:00 AM on slick roads in a deer-inhabited area, SLOW DOWN," which makes it even easier to keep your tires correctly engaged with the road surface.

• Locked thread