Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

grunthaas posted:

Thanks for a good idea. Ive just been commuting for the last week - Im in New Zealand for work and its summer here and I should be taking advantage of it. I saw the challenge at the end of the day and thought why not, so went back home and and grabbed my camping stuff.

I had about an hour before sunset so I looked for somewhere local - Forest Pools campsite was about 25km away so a quick trip to get some supplies then off I went.

https://vimeo.com/86796240

Its down the end of a short unsealed road, and there were only a couple of other people there. On the bike I found a nice spot really close to the water.

Challenge: Bike with campsite ☑
Drank a beer, cooked some food, watched the sunset.

Once it got dark it was very quiet, just a few insects to be heard, nothing man made as far as I could tell. Just before I got to sleep there was a noise like someone treading on a duck, no idea what it was - maybe a Kiwi?

In the morning I went for a swim in the pools, didnt see the fish until afterwards but they didnt seem to mind.

It was a very picturesque place..

..and a good site to camp.

Loaded up again.

Back to work.

https://vimeo.com/86796239

Its pleasantly hot here, could do with some ice cream: :siren:Your bike with an Ice Cream at an Ice Cream Parlor:siren:
If you're in the sun at the moment, its an opportunity for a nice ride. If you're in the snow, might take a bit of finding.

Hey, another Seca! Are you on the XJRider forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This work? Parking on the dam like a rebel.

New challenge, boat put in or take out, like this one:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Bucephalus posted:

Damnit, literally a mile away.

:ninja: weird.

What do you ride and where do you live, roughly?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I misunderstood. Thought you meant a mile away from my pictures, in Colorado.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

An RwhateverGS without any aluminum boxes on it.

HA! I was behind one of these yesterday and couldn't figure out what it was for the longest time.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

gently caress is that supposed to mean.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CloFan posted:

Hopefully this doesn't break tables... [E: they broke so hard]

New challenge: :siren: Your bike on Main St!:siren:

What the gently caress, an Arkansas moto goon.
You're new around here, right?

Edit:
For content, here is my bike at a gas station on Main St in Walden, CO today. But since it's not obvious and I didn't take it for this thread, I'll not claim it. Unless someone else doesn't do it in, say, 48 hours.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 29, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shows how much I pay attention. My mistake.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

For content, here is my bike at a gas station on Main St in Walden, CO today. But since it's not obvious and I didn't take it for this thread, I'll not claim it. Unless someone else doesn't do it in, say, 48 hours.

Ok, since nobody claimed Main Street, here's the next challenge:

:siren:Your bike next to an adult-sized version of a thing typically thought of as a children's thing.:siren:
E.g., the adult tricycle in my picture.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Does it go back to me? If so, how bout some :siren: fall foliage:siren:?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sometimes, you don't get to do the challenge. Sometimes you do.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

iwentdoodie posted:

New challenge: Full riding gear in an inappropriate situation. could be a one piece on the playground, or chaps and a vest at a track. Who knows. Be creative.

But but but what if there's nowhere that my gear is inappropriate? :cry:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Your bike on a playground. A children's playground with slides and swingsets and poo poo. Inside the fence. School is out, do it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dr. Jackal posted:

bonus points if children present

I encourage this. More bonus points if there's an irate mother in the frame.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

U
S
A

Naw dude that's great. New challenge?

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 11, 2015

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm out, there's no road to 14,433 feet.

Someone grab this poo poo, it's the weekend. Go ride up a mountain.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

Highest accessible point then?

Enough states have roads to the actual highest point because thats an Important Thing, so I say leave the challenge as is. Until its obvious nobody will get it or too many goons goon about it, at least. A week, maybe?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

If I hadn't already started drinking, I'd ride over to Big Beaver Brewing Company.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Don't go down that road unless you want a dicking.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Here's a raccoon.

New challenge:
:siren:Your bike and a roadkilled shoe.:siren:
You know, one of those single shoes that's always in the road. Bonus points for an unusual one, like a stiletto or a ski boot.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

Dammit. I just found a fresh fawn on the side of the road too. Your roadkill doesn't even have any meat on its bones!

Sheeeeeeeit.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I was close to posting a new challenge. Was really hoping to hear you yell "SHOE!"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

I wave to scooters. I stopped waving to Harley guys, but then I decided I'd rather embarrass them by giving them a big ol' two-handed mom-waving-at-a-surly-child greeting.

This is exclusively how I wave to any road pirates that scowl and point at the ground. Big ol' floppy wave way up in the air, all "HAAAYYYYY!" Makes drivers laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

• Locked thread