Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Leybourne Lakes, Kent (UK)

There were a whole bunch of coots, swans and I think pink-footed geese in the area. None of which were kind enough to wander into shot, though they didn't seem particularly perturbed by the bike. And some seagulls perched on the bouys like they just didn't care.

:siren: Your bike with a live animal (bonus points if not a pet type animal or if animal is interacting with bike rather than just in the same shot) :siren:

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Shimrod posted:

drat, it's night here - if it was day I'd just ride down my street and get attacked by the geese like usual and snap a pic as I went past :(

e: I like how you edited the "live" in after his post, haha

Live was in already, I just bolded it.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bit late for the hospital challenge, but here's my motorcycle, in the dark, in front of a hospital with a box of platlets on the back.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Another old challenge filled -

My bike from the tower of one of the buildings I work in.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Off on morning expedition to Pluckely, most haunted village in Kent.

edit: Trip delayed - still on the wrong side of rather cold.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 6, 2012

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Why Pluckley counts for the Haunted House challenge:

My bike and the church:

My bike and the pub:

:siren:Your bike and some wildflowers (still growing):siren:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Its so happy!!
happy bike is happy.

It was actually a really nice ride; got to go on a longish ride that wasn't just howling down the motorway in the dark with a box of blood on the back, then took the scenic route home via country lanes.

Anyone else in Kent, the A20 between junctions 8 and 9 of the M20 is a really nice bit of road.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 12, 2012

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Ghost Cactus posted:

Poppies!
Arty!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Ghost Cactus posted:

Thanks - it would've been nice if the poppies were actually in focus, but the little cellphone camera does a pretty good job.
Also, just noticed - looks like you've got Road Pilot 3s too? I've been running on them since September, and they're absolutely brilliant.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Ghost Cactus posted:

Agreed, they're great. (Even though mine have massive chicken strips! :v:) The 3s are supposed to be spectacular in rain, but I haven't really had a chance to compare since it's been so dry here.
As I ride in somewhat soggier climes, I can assure you that they are indeed rather good in the wet.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

slidebite posted:

:siren: TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A HIGHWAY POINT OF INTEREST SIGN :siren:

Bonus if the sign is both readable and mildly interesting.

Dammit, I don't think that there's any Secret Nuclear Bunker signs in Kent :(

We don't have Highway Point of Interest signs in the UK - the closest thing are the National Heritage tourist information signs I think.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Linedance posted:

Sign Not In Use
We've got one of those locally atm, but it's on a motorway juction, so a bit dangerous to stop at.

re: Odd signs - I was walking along the sea front one evening with friends when we saw a sign that said, "Unexpected Wave Motion"

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

What's my motorbike doing over there?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

grunthaas posted:

I bet yours is in better nick than mine!

Could I ask you to measure some stuff on yours? I think my rear suspension isnt right and could do with something to compare it to.
Sure, I'll give it a go. What do you want measured?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

gently caress you goons I'm gonna ride to the top of the north downs tomorrow.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Chichevache posted:

:geno:

Edit
But really, go for it. I phrased it the way I phrased it for a reason. It isn't your fault you live on a wimpy little island, it's your parents'. :colbert:

Should I manage to make it before another goon completes their epic trek, I have the perfect followup challenge. :)

edit: Anyway, you don't understand the trauma involved in navigating the M25 on a Sunday.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Today I have braved the threat of drizzle and navigated through quaint villages to ride a grueling ~876' up a hill.

Goons and goonettes, I present to you...

Motorcycle with abandoned piano

Located

on the Ridge which is near the highest point of the North Downs (which is actually in some of the light green bit so not accessible by road *, and my new boots were murdering my feet, so I didn't go to look for it on foot)

For your challenge, you may have noticed that this is all located near the rather charmingly named Titsey park, your challenge if you choose to accept it is...

:siren:Your motorcycle beside a rude place name.:siren:

* It's also fenced and gated with CCTV on the gates, so no offroad sportsbike adventures

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'll be able to get a horse picture on Thursday if I don't get beaten to it.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Chichevache posted:

I hope so, she hasn't retired yet. :quagmire:

Lemme know what you think.

:nws:http://imgur.com/VGlQKzB.jpg:nws:

Thinking outside the box, I'd give you the win if no-one does better by tomorrrow

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its funny how many motorcyclists won't wave to scooters. Some will, myself included, although I am also surprised by how few scooter riders wave when I'm on my motorcycle and I wave at them.

I nod to scooters, but they never nod back :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Hopefully current challenge will still be up by Sunday. I keep meaning to go to Margate Dreamland (vintage amusement park)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

This weekend I am def. going to the seaside.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Chichevache posted:

I wave to scooters. I stopped waving to Harley guys, but then I decided I'd rather embarrass them by giving them a big ol' two-handed mom-waving-at-a-surly-child greeting.

Thing I loved about biking in France is how enthusiastically friendly the french bikers are - you get foot waggles and hand salutes (easier there as the non-throttle hand is facing the oncoming traffic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This is exclusively how I wave to any road pirates that scowl and point at the ground. Big ol' floppy wave way up in the air, all "HAAAYYYYY!" Makes drivers laugh.
This is what I am going to start doing to the harley-fuckers that don't nod. For the Americans wondering why Brits nod rather than wave, it's because our throttle is facing the oncoming traffic so you can't really take your hand off it. When I overtake a bike I'll do a left-hand wave or foot-waggle.

• Locked thread