Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Since its springtime, and a vast majority of CA is about to start riding at least 5% as much as we talk about riding, we should make our riding a game and play the aptly titled Riding Game.

Never played the riding game? Its easy, heres how it works:
  • Read this thread for the current challenge.
  • Be the first to take a picture of your bike fulfilling that challenge and post it here. No pre-existing pictures (except for my OP example), you have to go out and get the picture. Failure to do so will result in us knowing you're a dick.
  • You get to call the next challenge. Please make it specific and doable, as to not slow down the game.
  • Make it easy to find in the thread itself, maybe :siren:surround it with sirens?:siren:

Example: The challenge is "A Picture of your bike on a dyno". If you are the first person to complete the challenge, you post a picture of your bike on a dyno, like so:

Then you call out another challenge: :siren:A picture of your bike in a tunnel:siren:

Thats it!

Some other things to consider: Remember this is a worldwide game. Make your challenge something the majority of members, regardless of location, can accomplish so we get international participation as well. It's cool that a guy from Scotland can go get a challenge from a guy in Chicago, and we should promote that type of play.

The challenge issuer, or the OP has final call if there is disagreement over whether a challenge has been met

So, on to the current challenge: :siren:A picture of your bike in a tunnel:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm going to say lets keep the rules the way they are for now. If you're the first person to complete a challenge, you get to call the next one.

If you complete the challenge, but aren't first, then you can of course still post your pics and tell your harrowing tale, you just don't get to pick the next challenge.

The way I see it, its a game of odds. Odds are, if you play, and go for the challenges, you'll win some of them, and you'll lose some.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

GoPro stills maybe?

BINGO

Shot not one hour ago

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE (way easier this time): Your bike in front of a laundromat:siren:

I'll try not to fulfill my own challenge this time

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I actually didnt mean to, but I was driving for work today, realized I was going past two tunnels, popped the GoPro on and took a small detour. I assumed since everyone was saying they couldnt do it that I picked something too difficult.

I promise not to do it again.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 14, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Isn't the whole point of this game that it makes you go out and explore new places on your bike? And it really isn't that hard to find a laundromat, jesus.

maps.google.com -> "[your city] laundromat"

Exactly, which is why I didnt lead with "your bike in front of a McDonalds"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thread is taking a turn for the sassy, someone come through with a laundromat pic!!

Its easy, theres like one every two blocks in big cities!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I ride by one (at least one) on my way home from work every day, I'll try to get one! Just a couple more hours oh god

Doooooo it!!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

First one to get it gets to call it. Even If someone posts it before you, or says they'll do it, try for it, the worst you get is a good ride and an interesting picture.

If you do a challenge, even if you're not the first one, post your picture here anyway

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

invision posted:

SV650s + abused Hobie14.

Do I get to pick next?

We're on to the coffee challenge, which nsaP won, and never gave us a new challenge

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

Airfield. Bonus matching jet.

I'm posting this from a bar so how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!

This guy gets the win with :siren:how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!:siren:

Good effort with the video though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a bar, a pub, a tavern or a saloon in that picture?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Then I guess you're technically correct, the best kind of correct!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shimrod posted:

There's a water treatment plant about 20 minutes from me but it's been raining the last few days and it's down an already dodgy dirt road :/

Theres two water treatment plants, and filtration plants within 10 minutes from my house, but its raining today :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

:siren: A picture of your bike in it's parking space with you sitting on it in a snuggie :siren:

Fuckin' aye goons!

Yeah, well im at work today, so I cant just go out and get all soaked :mad:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I used to work at my local treatment plant, so I'll see if I can get a shot next to some big-rear end equipment assuming it stops raining.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If only the challenge was ASCII emote of hnasty breaking tables

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:cop:: I clocked you at over 100mph back there
:3:: Its for the internet
:cop:: Oh, very good sir, on your way then

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

They're all inside but you can see the shadows.

gently caress, beaten.

Still lovin those wheels

That is both a question and a statement from me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

:siren:Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!:siren:

Sorry supermoto guys :shobon:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

I saw a guy walking a standard poodle that had a full body mohawk yesterday, and almost stopped to get a picture with that. If I see him again today, maybe.

Do this!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Angrymog posted:

My bike and the church:

Its so happy!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MAH BOKEYS

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Detroit117 posted:

:siren: your bike next to something NSFW. :siren:

:nws:, but censored

:siren: your bike next to an old rusted car :siren:
(Must move under its own power)

And the thread has justified its own existence!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Detroit117, if you're not in sales, get into it now, you'll be a millionaire!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uh, can you google for payphones? I cant even think of the last time I saw one?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I say unless a challenge is mostly physically impossible to do, or something no one would want to do (your bike underwater, for instance), lets not change it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chriskory posted:

Went out and the challenge was filled when I got back.

I went to a bus station to find some homeless people, but they're all dressed really fresh here for some reason. A close up shows a face and hands that look like they were left on top of Everest for a year, but leather shoes and a button up???

Haha, you still won that one in our hearts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

slidebite posted:

heh. Acting dumb isn't hard, but as late 30s guy I already get looks when I'm on campus. Don't need to look even more inconspicuous! :)
          /

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ima get u out of that wack-rear end crystal prison

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its been raining for like 10 days straight here, otherwise I would snap one next to a deer that I drive past every day.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > Riding Game: Excuses Megathread

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Y'all should read this thread for inspiration http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480488&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CloFan posted:

Had to put on timer and it ran out of battery after this shot, good enough?

If so, :siren: Your bike next to modern abstract art :siren:

LOL perfect

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, and here I thought that challenge would take forever

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The reason this road is so fun is that its a two rut road in the middle of a city. A tiny offroad haven in the concrete.

:siren:YOUR BIKE DOING SOMETHING NON-STEREOTYPICAL FOR ITS GENRE:siren:

Example of what I mean: A sportbike offroad, a Harley cornering really hard, a dual sport at a track day, etc.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 16, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Supermotard on a superslab?

As long as the picture obviously shows "this bike isn't meant to do this", then fine. Perhaps mspaint some pain lines coming out of your rear end on the picture.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pulling a trailer

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Does this count, or do I have to find a way to mount more luggage to the bike?

Haha works for me!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

Cleaned my rear wheel with Extreme Nano Turtle Power (Cowabunga!), since it was goddamn filthy:

While out riding, I stumbled upon the crossroads between Beer Place and Uglyville:

So if I win this one, the challenge will be to find the most interesting crossroads.

Siren that poo poo so people can find it, homie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Detroit117 posted:

:siren: Your bike at a boat harbour or marina. :siren:

The bigger the better!

Oh im so on that one

• Locked thread