Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I'd need to find some trekkie who's a big enough nerd to own a phaser replica.

Probably never going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

I think the best I could do on this one is ride to Chicago and get a pic next to the only other green ulysses in the world. Chicago is 2500 miles away...

There was a green Uly at the local HonKawaSuzuMaha dealer a couple weeks ago. Pictures don't do them justice, they're much more awkward looking in person. :haw:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Voltage posted:

:ducksiren: :siren: New Challenge - Your bike parked in a big city, preferably squeezed in a spot a car wouldn't fit in to - I'm moving to NYC in 2 weeks from living out here in the boonies so it seems fitting. :siren: :ducksiren:

I got dis one:

My 'parking space' at work:

Bonus shot of when I had to run to the store last weekend and the lot was packed. No problem, just ride up the ramp onto the sidewalk outside the front door:

:siren:New challenge:siren:
Big cities kinda suck to ride in! Post a picture of your bike next to a farm or some agricultural equipment!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

That's nothing, I've got to road trip 3,500 miles back to a hotel in Montreal.

I'd have to ship my bike all the way to Hawaii to take a pic in front of the house my family lived in.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Aw man you're too quick,

Yeah, no kidding, I wanted to zip over after work and grab a pic of my bike in front of Portlandia.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

nsaP posted:

The best kind of correct.

People keep picking things on the other end of my state and I'm not hardcore enough to spend a day.

Pretty much - the largest body of water by surface area in Oregon is Upper Klamath lake, which is down at the opposite end of the state from me, and about 4.5 hours away one way. I was tempted to just post this pic of my bike in front of the Columbia River, which has a much larger volume of water (4th largest river in North America, largest river that drains into the Pacific), but is technically the northern border of the state, not actually in it. It is, however, about 5 minutes from where I live:

I feel like it would kinda be cheating though.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Koruthaiolos posted:

New challenge: :siren::siren: Your bike with the biggest dong you ca find. :siren::siren: Use your imagination, it can be any kind of the multitude of dongs in existence.

Someone needs to figure out where you live then, because hating on NASA makes you the biggest dong. :colbert: :science:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Koruthaiolos posted:

The goal of NASA is to put me in the moon which they have so far failed to do: total waste.

No, the goal of NASA is to put smart, useful people on the moon. You just don't qualify. :rimshot:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
A two-for-one!
Wahkeena falls:

Multnomah Falls:

I also rode past Horsetail falls, but didn't stop for a picture, as there were some rather dark, threatening looking clouds above and I wanted to get home before they decided to let loose.

:siren:New Challenge: Your bike in front of anything with "Horse" in it's name. Can be a business, a street, a natural feature, or an actual horse, as long as it's name includes the word horse.:siren:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm out, there's no road to 14,433 feet.

Someone grab this poo poo, it's the weekend. Go ride up a mountain.

Same here, I ain't getting to the top of this without crampons and an ice axe, and definitely not even on the most robust trail bike:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Enough states have roads to the actual highest point because thats an Important Thing, so I say leave the challenge as is. Until its obvious nobody will get it or too many goons goon about it, at least. A week, maybe?

captainOrbital posted:

You chicks and your excuses.

quote:

Mount Hood, Oregon's highest summit at 11,240 feet, is a dormant volcano covered with 11 active glaciers [...]
Climbing Mt Hood is a technical climb. There are no trails to the summit. The "easier" southside climbing route from the historic Timberline Lodge is still a technical climb with crevasses to cross, falling rocks, and often inclement weather. Ropes, crampons and other technical gear are necessary. Climbing season is generally from April to mid-June due to melting snow and rockfall hazards later in the season. Fatalities on the mountain average at least one a year. Other routes on the mountain are much more difficult.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mthood/recarea/?recid=80001

:colbert:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I suppose it's lucky for non-UK goons this came up at the end of a rainy Sunday because throw a dart at a map of Britain and you're pretty much guaranteed to hit a funny/dirty place name.

Before I moved across town, I used to live just a mile or so from Wanker's Corner.

There's a pub named after the place that was across the street from where I used to live (the pub used to actually be at Wanker's Corner, but relocated a while ago because they outgrew the original location) and it is still one of my favourite pubs. Now it's like a 30-45 minute ride out there because I'm on the far side of the city from it. :(

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah because posting a picture in front of burger king and saying you were in the next state over is challenging. :rolleyes:

Or it's trivially easy for someone who lives in a border town like Portland or St. Louis where you can hop across the state line in less than 15 minutes. That's about how long it would take me to get from my house in Oregon to a fast food joint on Mill Plain ave in Vancouver Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Doesn't matter anyway, bro. I just completed the exotic dancer challenge. :c00lbert: Pics when I get home.

Does taking a pic with your mom actually count though?

• Locked thread