Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

www.amazon.com posted:

I actually found something I could have used for the animal crossing sign while riding around to a tunnel.

Is that first duckling trying to fly or has it been flattened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

Along the same vein, now :siren:find the oldest building around!:siren:

This might be a bit anti-climatic, but here is the oldest building I could find in the DC metro area:

This is the Old Spring House in Fort Lincoln Cemetery.

I don't know if it really qualifies as a building, but it's been standing since 1683. It houses a spring! And Lincoln spoke to some Union troops near there! And there was a battle during the War of 1812 close by!

I would have taken a better picture but I felt super awkward taking a picture in a middle of a cemetery with a bunch of cars slowly driving by staring at me.

Next up: :siren:find a building/structure totally out of place:siren: This can be interpreted a bunch of ways, but it a couple examples could be a brewery next door to a school, an historic monument inside an industrial park, a tech company headquarters in the middle of rural nowhere, whatever!

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

ought ten posted:

Are you kidding me? I was going to get the old spring house after I got home.

If you're not busy Sunday you should come ride with us.

Haha, it actually was less than a block from my route home from work. I was planning to ride in to G-Town to get a picture of the Old Stone House before I thought of this one.

Yeah, I'm going to try to make Sunday morning. I keep missing out on all the rides.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

The Hutchinson House is 192 years old and about to be replaced with luxury shopping/condos despite the best efforts of the Ohio Historical Society.

That was really strange seeing that address. I grew up at 5185 Riverside Dr. and was really confused because I couldn't remember any kin of historical houses nearby.

Turns out Riverside Dr repeats it's address numbers. This is Upper Arlington an my house was a Delaware address even though the two addresses are only like 13 miles apart on the same road.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Half of the chrome was lost when I bailed off the bike to avoid smashing into a deer along with the motorcycle.

Is bail off related to layer dan? Like are they alternatives or used in conjunction? I'm just trying to picture how seeing the deer, recognizing how much time you have, deciding to bail off, and executing that maneuver takes less time than braking/swerving.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

Too bad the statue is gone, otherwise I'd ride down for a picture of terminator Jesus

Just ride over to Zanesville instead:

http://www.rushingwindzanesville.com/

Every trip to Ohio I drive by this and the AMA museum but haven't managed to stop at either yet.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Let's see how many of you get mad about this, but everybody else is taking too long:

Where are my moonbases and Mars colonies, NASA??? Unitl then it's all a total waste of money to me. :argh:

New challenge: :siren::siren: Your bike with the biggest dong you ca find. :siren::siren: Use your imagination, it can be any kind of the multitude of dongs in existence.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

hot sauce posted:

DC goons are lazy, I figured one of us would have the monument by now. If I didn't drink at dinner earlier I'd have it done.

Exactly, I did my best to keep this thing local and now you guys are letting me down.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Someone needs to figure out where you live then, because hating on NASA makes you the biggest dong. :colbert: :science:

And there's enough of you who know this that it would also easily be doable.

OSU_Matthew posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies

The spin-off technologies that touch almost every aspect of your daily life seem like a good deal to me, especially considering we spend less on our entire space program than the air force does on new planes every year :eng99:

Sorry, the goal of the DoD is to kill people so they are living up to expectations: no waste. The goal of NASA is to put me in the moon which they have so far failed to do: total waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

It's also your workplace which you ride to anyways. So really, how hard was it?

• Locked thread