Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Fine, then.

I went down to a bike dealer today, just to get on the road for a bit, and they had a nice Multistrada there in the lot. With a bunch of other bikes. There was also bright red Bentley Conti, but I'm not a huge fan of that car anyway.

:siren: Your bike at a race track of some kind. Bonus points if it's Mount Panorama or Suzuka (or Sepang, I guess). :siren:

I hope that one hasn't been done too recently.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

nullscan posted:

Man, I wish I could get close enough to the DMZ. Time for some research!

Bonus points for the Reunification Arch!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Or maple syrup if you're Canadian.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I remember sitting in a computer lab in Champaign-Urbana after hours, playing Doom on (what today would be considered) a tiny map, sliding around and shooting rockets at each other for hours at a time.

Now I'm trying to find my way around a facsimile of Los Angeles, telling my friends "hold on, let me call my insurance company."

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I should find a snore of Hondas...
...a Fixodent of BMWs...

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The elegantly-titled Noble-Seymour-Crippen House is considered to be the oldest existing building in Chicago. Built in 1833, it's even older than the famous Water Tower in the "Richie Fancy Shopping District." It also happens to be surprisingly close to my house (not in size, but in proximity), which is surprising because Jefferson Park is surprisingly close to basically nothing else.

:siren: Find something EVEN OLDER THAN THIS drat HOUSE :siren:

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 10, 2014

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Safety Dance posted:

Ugh. I live like seven blocks from that goddamn mall and having to cross Michigan to get anywhere is the bane of my motherfucking existence.

On a lighter note, that bike is fukken hot.

Thanks! :keke:

It was my Winter Project, and it happened to be a long loving winter.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That light bar is like the sun, but less expensive and more manageable.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
We all are.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Safety Dance posted:

Baha'i House of Worship, Wilmette, IL

I was just there a few weeks ago! It's such a nice area around there; it barely feels like Chicago at all.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Not much of a ride for me, but here is the Ed Paschke Art Center, a brand new museum/gallery celebrating the life and works of legendary Chicago artist Ed Paschke.

It's located in Chicago's Jefferson Park neighborhood, which is pretty far from all the popular destination (hipster) areas. The works are all pretty drat cool to see in person, and there's a really nice recreation of Ed's studio at the time of his death in 2004. If you look closely at the ceiling tiles, you may see some spots of blood from my index finger.

Not a great angle of my bike or of the building. The building has an awesome mural on the side that was done with this crazy 3M film.

New challenge:

:siren: An outdoor scuplture :siren:

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 9, 2014

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Linedance posted:

A cool gallery with an awesome wall mural dedicated to a famous local artist, in an area undiscovered by hipsters? Buy property there.

Workin' on it. The nice thing is that it's a nice, quiet working-class neighborhood with lots of houses and yards. It's very heavily Polish; I've learned a few Polish words just from speaking to bank tellers in the neighborhood. There's a big transportation hub for the Blue Line here also (the only place in the city that has combined light rail (the El), heavy rail (Metra) and bus service in one depot), and a couple nice restaurants. I could see the area taking off; there's a fair amount of opportunity. It's pretty far from downtown, though.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Come on, guys! Don't go chasing waterfalls!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

nsaP posted:

I'd shove my bike into an ice bucket challenge vid but that shits over

In my defense, it was like a week and a half ago.

Dum video

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
This doesn't count because I didn't do it FOR the thread, but

this was my solution to returning a rental truck by myself.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, once I get a sumo I will ride it off the truck without the ramp.

Otherwise, yeah up and down. Perhaps not the most flattering video, and also my friend used the dreaded vertical filming method but whatevz.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Man, I don't know! How about a choice of 3, just to make it simpler and quicker?

Your bike
:siren: in the snow OR
:siren: on an airfield OR
:siren: with a baby on it

ps i love babies

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Well, since it's a still photo, I would say at least reasonable belief of the baby's life AT THE TIME THE PHOTO WAS TAKEN should exist.

If it can be argued that the baby is sleeping or at the very least in a vegetative state, that should technically be fine. Whatever happens after the photo is taken is immaterial.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Supradog posted:

:siren: New Challenge:siren: Your bike under a bridge.

Ah poo poo. That's where I drew some blood.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Linedance posted:

drat, too many lakes in the way! :v:

S.S. Badger, motherfucker.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Dr. Jackal posted:

fffkkkk this one is hard :|

What? Just jump your bike over a fence and scare a girl's horse.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

HotCanadianChick posted:

without crampons and an ice axe

You chicks and your excuses.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I used to date a girl named Titsey Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I live pretty close to O'hare; I'm gonna end up deported behind this poo poo.

• Locked thread