Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Linedance posted:

I'm taking advantage of GMT here.. I rode out to Southwark to take a picture of the World Famous Golden Hinde Galleon Ship (Currently Undergoing Renovation).
I could have just gone down to the river near me and taken a picture of a rowboat, but this was more fun!

Off topic... what kind of bike is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Linedance posted:

Aprilia Pegaso Strada. The wheels are blue, if you can believe it! (it needs a bath).
650 single, shared with various Yamahas and other smaller makes. It makes about 50HP and kicks rear end for urban riding and country lanes.

It's sexy.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

nsaP posted:

Goon/misogynist answer is revert to the "take a pic with a member of the opposite sex" challenge.

This has the highest entertainment potential.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

SaNChEzZ posted:

Lol, here in LA my parent's house is valued between 500-600k and it's a 960sqft 2br/1ba. I'll never be able to buy a house out here :smith:

That's basically my house, but here (Lancaster, PA) it's worth about $130k. It was worth $160k when I bought in 2008. loving market.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
We have one, but he's rather large and often carries bludgeoning devices, so I'm not sure I wanna ask him for a picture.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Ziploc posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought that originally said underwear. And then had no idea why you posted that picture.

I need to read better in the morning.

Like a tank bra?

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Boat posted:

Maybe he owns Suzuki speedos. :pervert:

Next challenge: Your bike and you in matching underwear.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

KozmoNaut posted:

I ride a naked bike.

I'm fine with that.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

slidebite posted:

yay

:siren: Your bike in a camp site at a real campground :siren:

Not your backyard or just some "stealth" campsite on the side of a road. One with a picnic table and stove/fire pit, preferably visible.
Note: You don't actually have to be camping.. just the bike at a site :downs:

I know it's been said, but I love your Connie. Everytime you post if I start thinking about how nice it'd be to have a sport tourer. Stop posting pictures please.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Haha, you still won that one in our hearts

Yea, bonus points because you clearly interacted with him instead of awkwardly posing your bike in front of him.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
I'm taking the bike camping this weekend, but I have a feeling this one won't last very long.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Safety Dance posted:

Supermotard on a superslab?

If you're able to keep both wheels on the ground.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

Until recently I didn't realize how many horse farms there are in my part of southeast PA. I stumbled into a bunch of interconnected roads that have nothing but horse boarding/training places everywhere. This fine specimen was more than happy to help and didn't even care that my loud rear end bike was a couple feet away.

Because of traffic and blind turns in both directions I had to settle with photographing the ugly side of my bike, and I definitely could have gotten right up to the fence had I been more courageous. But this will do!

Next challenge: Your bike in front of a "twisty road ahead" caution sign! Brownie points if you can do this in an area where you can actually see the twisty road ahead, or if you can get 4+ chevron signs in the same shot!

Where in SE PA are you? I'm in Lancaster.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

Hey buddy, I'm in Delco! I've been meaning to take a day tour around the rolling hills of Lancaster County in the next couple weeks. Problem is, I only have Saturdays to myself and I'd hate to think that I'd be sharing the road with Sarah the Soccer Mom and Chelsea the Child from Exton as they drive slow as hell in their minivans looking at all the cows. Or worse yet, the recovering gastric bypass patients on their weekly sabbatical to Shady Maple (don't get me wrong, I love going there like once a year for a gluttonfest). But at least you have dashed yellows out there, which are a pipe dream where I ride.

Any tips for me? Or better yet, any interest in doing a nice early Saturday ride in a few weeks?

Yea, you're smart to avoid a lot of areas on a Saturday during tourism season. It's awful. OMG A loving BOX WITH WHEELS! AND THERE'S A HORSE ATTACHED! gently caress THE SPEED LIMIT, GO 10MPH SO I CAN GAWK AT THE PEOPLE TRYING TO LIVE THEIR LIVES.

Anyway, yea I'd be down for a ride sometime if we can work it out. poo poo gets busy this time of year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

Ugh, there's this previous-generation Monster perma-parked outside a veterinary office that I ride by daily, but it's covered. Wish I had an x-ray camera.

A bike half the age of yours would be a later model. I've never seen another MTS on the road.

• Locked thread