Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
We started this last fall, and after some hiccups came up with essentially your game, but on a week long timeline. It allowed more people to play and get shots without worrying about being beat, especially with the differing schedules. Some people would want to play but it'd be 10 images different by the time the weekend came around and they could ride. We'd vote on the winner of it and they'd pick the next challenge.

It required someone babysitting the thread and counting votes but it seemed to work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Did you just do your own challenge? Brilliant. Anyway

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm not really bothered, just found it odd. I had to go out of my way to find those tunnels and I found a lot of new nice cruise roads I didn't know about before. That's the whole point of these kind of games to me anyway. :thumbsup:

I wasn't ballsy enough to put the bike in the tunnel. It was nothing but tracks in there and those lines are very active. It's surprising how quiet trains are when they're coming towards you.

Edit:Definitely can't be arsed to get a picture of a laundromat tho. Someone else is welcome to win that one.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I actually didnt mean to, but I was driving for work today, realized I was going past two tunnels, popped the GoPro on and took a small detour. I assumed since everyone was saying they couldnt do it that I picked something too difficult.
That's part of what I was saying with the week at a time thing we came up with. It's not that the challenge was hard, its just most people don't have a chance to go out and do this stuff on a Wednesday. I'm going to school online so I tend to try to get work done on awful days and get out on nice ones, but I'm a minority I'd guess. I think we also worked it so that you put up a pic of the challenge you came up with, but I can't remember.

It definitely was a clusterfuck at first but we worked out a rule system that seemed to work. I've lost the thread to the archives though.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 14, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

Isn't the whole point of this game that it makes you go out and explore new places on your bike? And it really isn't that hard to find a laundromat, jesus.

maps.google.com -> "[your city] laundromat". I found 12 in my city of 130,000 people

Yeah, I already did that today. Got a picture of a tunnel. I meant I don't care.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Lots of talk, not many pics. Mammoth on Monmouth st. here

Take my word that the espresso is in my hand... Next challenge :siren: is an airfield:siren:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 15, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I had to move out of the loading zone ;)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I still think you shouldn't be allowed to comment on the rules unless you have a picture in the thread. (looking at you, marv :) )

Eh...it's whatever...we need something that lets people participate. Maybe two games even.

We moved to the week long challenge last year after stupid arguments like this. At the end of the week we'd vote the winner and they'd pick the next challenge. I like those, as I don't like worrying about if I've been beaten with picture and it was "wasted". I also like seeing other's interpretation of the challenge.

On the other hand, I like the game that moves quickly as well. Picture wise, that is. Multiple posts about what you would take a shot in front of are boring, take the picture.

What we don't need is a lot of bull clogging up the picture thread. I think we should figure this out or just go with what we have. Enough time was wasted debating it already.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

I call bullshit. That doesn't look like any hospital I've ever seen. Is it an animal hospital or something? :colbert:

You aren't allowed to talk anymore.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

slidebite posted:

So is it snuggie time or water plant? :confused:

:ughh:

I live about a sneeze away from 2 treatment facilities but I didn't want to just go and snipe them but it seems like everyone else has a better excuse than that for not going out.

Also homeland security might come after me

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Nah it's cool I got this brah.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

You used to be able to fish in the second one, and people would exercise around that reservoir and a hidden one around a corner. Then the terrorists took away all of our freedoms and they put that fence up to stop the terrorists from fishing or jogging. The story at the time was they were worried about the water being poisoned but I think a t-rist can lob something 20 yards.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.....

:siren:New Challenge: Your bike with a bridge:siren:

Scenic shots or cool bridges preferred, but keeping the game rolling is more preferred.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Ghost Cactus posted:

At a zoo! Let's see if I can figure out how to post pictures from my phone.

If you have an iphone picup is an imgur uploader that's pretty coo.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I liked your first challenge....all the firetrucks live inside here. Maybe I can get lucky and catch em washing one.

Edit: Nevermind just thought of a way to get a firetruck out

I'll put this here even tho it changed to fire truck. Saw one one the road but I'm not that talented.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 21, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Z3n posted:

Taken from my backyard:

:siren:Your bike with the most ridiculous animal you can find:siren:

What do you have in mind here because personally, any animal that I think is even close to "ridiculous" is not one I'd come across on a bike.

Goon/misogynist answer is revert to the "take a pic with a member of the opposite sex" challenge.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think we just have different definitions of ridiculous. Also game flow.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yes, please, pic another topic.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You better hurry, I just got a new lid in the mail and I think I can get a threefer (one non pro)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Bad iphone night shot but Great American ballpark, Paul Brown, and US Bank arena.

Thinking of the next one...

Edit: How about :siren: Your bike with a covered bridge:siren:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 29, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Go for it. I kinda forgot about it for a while as I took that on the way to see a friend, but I was thinking about it now. Anyone who beats me is welcome to it.

Nevermind I made one...hopefully there's covered bridges around most people.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 29, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Done and done.

Since I worked up quite the appetite and stopped by the local sandwich bar for a snack, show me :siren:Your bike at your local sandwich shop. :siren:

They're called dari bar's around here. Sandwiches and ice cream

Edit:including pic of Sharkey's. One of many here

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 30, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hah, I putted around but didn't see anything too awful, or if I did there was no good way to get a picture with it. I decided meh because I thought you'd have it and I'd just check out the new challenge.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Speaking of that here's a house that I went past yesterday but couldn't get a good picture.

Edit: no bike in the picture

nsaP fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 4, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I didn't manage to get a shot with my bike. Well, I did but it's lovely, so I think you have this one.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Are those your pringles?

If this challenge lasts till around 2 or 3 you all might get to meet Walking Wanda. She'll be out...walking.

E: drat, helmet came in the mail too late and Wanda was not walking. Tomorrow...

e:

spootle posted:

My girl Mila (named after Mila Kunis because she's got big sexy eyes) in front of the Melbourne AU CBD's Harley dealership Harley Heaven

But Mila Kunis is hot and that's a SV...

nsaP fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 12, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah, don't change it. There are picture opportunities but the first day i tried I didn't see any of them, and then it's rained since.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Detroit117 posted:

Can we reconsider changing the challenge?
Quickly, before a photo of someone from CA using their bike to shield their genitalia gets posted.

Edit: Rained where I live today. Going to be hunting a "transient/vagrant/town crazy person" all day tomorrow.

I'm trying at least. I spend 45 minutes riding Walking Wanda's route and never saw her...cut the grass this afternoon and she never passed either.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It's cool, i found wanda.

:siren:Show me your bike and an old church.:siren: I'm on my mobile, ill update with sirens later.

edit: Update a bit. As long as I can remember this woman has been walking thru town. I'm not sure what her deal is but (aside from the last few days) she's like clockwork, always walking. Her name isn't really Wanda but someone called her that back in high school and it stuck. I think at one point there was even a highschool band called "The Walking Wandas"...and doing a bit of soundclick searching it seems that their page is still up lol http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=57980

Godspeed Wanda, Godspeed.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 17, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

ReelBigLizard posted:

:colbert: He said an old church.

I didn't really elaborate but I should have said that "old church" is very relative. What would be old where I live someone in Europe might say was "cute and contemporary".

But if I do have to bitch (and I always do)

slidebite posted:

yay

:siren: Your bike in a camp site at a real campground :siren:

Not your backyard or just some "stealth" campsite on the side of a road. One with a picnic table and stove/fire pit, preferably visible.
Note: You don't actually have to be camping.. just the bike at a site :downs:

I tried to pick an easier challenge to keep it going since we stalled for a few days, and you go off and choose this? Hah, I could be wrong but I think we might be waiting a bit again. At the same time it excites me a bit, because by the end of the season I want to be solo bike camping and so I'd like to get this shot myself....eventually.

Starting first with some group car camping next weekend, by the mid summer I'd like to ride while friends are with me in a car, and as I said, solo bike camping by the end of the season.

edit: er...erd...kinda missed your last sentence, I guess that makes it easier. :doh:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 17, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was waiting for about 10 seconds for your campsite image to load...

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

I encountered a six-inch-deep pile of guts and gore all over the highway that I'm assuming was once a full-grown doe hit broadside by a tractor-trailer...but my bike is still in pieces.

What are you doing posting in this thread?

Sagebrush posted:

I call bullshit. That doesn't look like any hospital I've ever seen. Is it an animal hospital or something? :colbert:

[e]

To be honest, yeah. I will refrain from posting in this thread until my bike is put back together and I can contribute a photo.

I didn't do this challenge because screw you challenge poster, you take a picture next to roadkill. Blegh.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I chuckled at "does getting drunk help?", I think you're good.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Goons.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Not my city, but a little river town i'm passing thru. I can't think of a challenge or i woulda lied.

Edit: new challenge would have been easier this morning

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Detroit117 posted:

Might have to do that.....

Didn't think my challenge would take so long. do not want to be the one that kills the game. :ohdear:

You're dealing with majority goons minority greasemonkeys.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Someone do something for god sake I don't have a trailer

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
How much do emus weight?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I forgot the 'close' part...

i was trying to avoid cows and horses but i found some close to the road. I don't know if that's what 'close' meant tho. If i would have remembered the wording of the challenge i woulda stopped and asked this farmer. I passed him talking with someone at the end of his driveway, holding onto a cow on a leash.

I withheld making a new challenge cause i don't think i was 'very near'.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Olde Weird Tip posted:

The problem with farm animals is most of them get spooked if you get close and take off.

EDIT: I guess thats what makes it a challenge though

It's exactly why I really dropped the ball when I passed that farmer...Cow on a leash in the driveway! I would have been golden.

I was just hoping to find someone with something a bit more interesting the cow or horse. Even a longhorn...

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Olde Weird Tip posted:

You're technically correct, the best kind of correct

the BEST kind of correct.

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

Sweet, I am about half the distance as nasP was, too! But no hard feelings, buddy. :ohdear:

Of course...I wasn't watching the thread and hadn't thought I'd got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

Since you're all a bunch of lazy fucks, you get this parking garage. I was hoping for someone with a DRZ and access to a service elevator to show up on top of a skyscraper or something but ya snooze, ya lose.

An easier one, to get this thing going again:

:siren:Your bike with a piece of heavy machinery.:siren:

A heavy-duty pickup truck is not an acceptable response. Farm equipment, backhoes, cranes, stationary engines, whatever you like, but the bigger and more unique the better. An ideal response to this challenge would be the Bagger 288.
Careful who you call lazy... There no phone signal where the pic is, but there is now at waffle house on the way back. -

• Locked thread