Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ironhead posted:

how about your bike outside (inside?) a theater. Not some silly movie theater, but a place where people see plays, or musicals, or, I don't know.

Bonus points if you put it on stage.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Ballet mothefucker.

:colbert:

In the spirit of Christmas one-upmanship, I have an alternate challenge. :siren: Your bike with a real live Santa Claus! Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it. :siren:

(IOwnCalculus - can we please rename the subforum to Cycle Asylum: Scooters and Ballet?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Hahah, thanks guys. I called in a few favors with Yo-Yo Ma my non-gay, non-nudist dad works there so when I saw that challenge posted I was elated (I snuck in the bike when no one else was around :ninja: ). I had to go to work directly after taking the photos, so you can imagine my anger when I got home and some rear end in a top hat on a scooter beat me to it :v:

It's definitely not a photoshop, although the second photo is a quicky composite of different exposures/stagelight settings. Nah, the kickstand didn't hurt anything, the building is actually owned by a church and they had the wood stage refinished with a super-protective layer so they can hold normal services/rent it out to orchestras/other random crap.

Fun Fact: there's a sort of catwalk-like extension that can be lowered in to jut out into the first few rows. Back in the day, a likely liquored-up Frank Sinatra stumbled off of it into the crowd.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 6, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Even the text above the stage? That's got to be photoshopped in, right?

Oh yeah, I added that later. I know the guy who runs the videoboard but he wasn't around unfortunately hahah. I was pissed the screen was lowered and wrecking my photo, but I made use of it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

No one is posting this so here you go: something that was recently an animal on top of my bike.

This was taken about half an hour before the engine blew up. Notice the oil leaking onto the cooling fins? I didn't at the time :(

:siren:Your bike at a point more than 500 feet above where it lives.:siren:. Find the altitude of your house, dig up a topographical map, and find a place on it at least 500 feet higher. Ride there and take a picture so we can appreciate/mock the beauty/drudgery of your local terrain. This will probably be on a hill or mountain of some kind. Your smartphone's GPS unit will be a big help here. Apologies in advance to anyone who parks their bike in Kansas or on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Here's my bike yesterday at approximately 3500 feet - 3300' above Los Angeles (which can be seen faintly over the right ridgeline), and 2300' above where it usually roams.

I pity the fool that does not live near mountains. I also pity the 6'3" fool who tries to accelerate rapidly up a steep grade with an 883 (she does nicely in the curves though!)

:siren: Your Bike And You Being Hipsters :siren: In the interests of keeping the game rolling, this is kinda open ended. Pose outside of your favorite non-Starbucks coffee shop (bonus points for flannel). Load your pannier with Pabst Blue Ribbon. Cuff your jeans and sit on your bike looking bored outside of a thrift store. The catch is that you must be in the photo!

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 2, 2013

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

nsaP posted:

These challenges are p. lame imo and stall the game. I thought about this thread today and checked it while I was out riding, thinking that even if it was a lame challenge I'd do it to start the game rolling again. I couldn't do this challenge while I was out and I'm not going to dress up, ride to starbucks or w/e, and ask someone to take my picture for this.

Sagebrush posted:

This is why I'm anal about the challenges being about riding, and going to find things that are easy to locate, not just random-occurrence motorcycle stuff. :colbert:

Sorry, I thought I left the challenge open-ended enough that someone would either come up with something funny while out riding anyway, or just grab a photo in front of Small Local Coffeeshop. If Silly-Balls approves, how about a new challenge: a photo of your bike at your favorite scenic overlook, with panties in a bunch on the seat? :v:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Pubic Lair posted:

:siren: Your bike by a local haunted/spooky historical place/landmark. :siren:

Built in 1913, the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena, California, soon became known by locals as "Suicide Bridge". Lose your job in the Great Depression? Head over to Suicide Bridge and fix your problems. Drink too much on New Years and realize life is worthless while watching the Rose Parade hung over the next morning? Just do it....

There's actually two legs of the bridge, and it spans the Arroyo Seco ravine, just South of the Rose Bowl. I have also heard tale of finding stashes of wallets down in the ravine, robbed from unsuspecting joggers using the trails down there. The fenced area behind my bike is an old decommissioned military site, and the building on the hill served as a hospital during WWII. It's kind of a desolate, spooky atmosphere down underneath to be sure.

edit: nsaP you fucker, you beat me while I was writing up my post. :supaburn: Your challenge stands but I'm leaving my shot.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 4, 2013

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

:siren:your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food:siren:

I thought about finding a trendy korean-beef-sauerkraut taco truck, but there is nothing more SoCal regional than In-N-Out.
Also pictured: my newer, tidier, fender-less tail.

:siren: Your bike hanging out with a large or strange animal :siren:
There's always a weird ostrich farm or llama ranch hidden out on a curvy back road somewhere. Go get weird looks from people by taking a photo of your bike there!
Big dogs/housepets don't count, unless you have a goddamned puma or something!

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 19, 2013

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

grunthaas posted:

How about this:

Those are sweet reverse drag bars on that guy. Just the sort of strange unknown beast I was hoping for.

nullscan posted:

We have weird little raccoon tanuki-like guys we call Benjo Wookies (Benjo=Poop/Sewage Trench) AKA tanuki, but they are pretty ninja, so I'll have to go hunting.

I'm still keen to see whatever this is :catstare:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

Did anyone else get the Top Gun theme in their head?

Mildly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/7trnyMq.gif :nws:

Also, note the random clutch-grab I never noticed before I started riding :v:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

M42 posted:

Uhhh... :siren: Your bike + your city hall :siren:

I swung by Pawnee City Hall for this challenge. Ron Swanson saw my bike and gave me a thumbs-up out the window:

To continue on that theme, :siren:Your bike in front of a TV/Movie set location near you:siren: Films/TV/Etc have been made in just about every city in the world, so just about anyone should be able to do this one. I'll take real-life locations that a famous scene was based on, if that works for someone!

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

grunthaas posted:

This should be pretty easy:

:siren:Your bike with an person dressed up as santa:siren:

I believe I did this one last year and no one completed it, so it might not be that easy :v:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

FluffyDice posted:

:siren:Your bike near a group of interesting or unusual animals:siren:

It's not a group, but I faced down a bear cub on the 690SM the other night. Don't mind the small hop at the end; I was excited.

:siren:Your bike photobombing a Herd of Harleys:siren:
Find a few of your local wannabes parked somewhere and get a photo alongside them. Bonus points if you ride a scooter.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wow that's crazy!! Where do you live that a bear cub is just out on the streets? Please say Russia

Not quite - just the foothills north of Los Angeles. This video is very appropriate.

Last summer mamma bear raised a couple of cubs in our neighborhood - they often would hang out in the yard next door and gambol youthfully in the grass (I have some great photos somewhere). Many neighbors were nervous, but I loved it. Unfortunately, a few months ago the mom leapt into the street in front of a car, smashing herself and the car. She apparently ran off, but we haven't seen her around since so I think this little guy is an orphan. He seems to be doing just fine though, and having never known any different is alarmingly tame. I think a lot of soft-hearted idiots around here are feeding him in person, and while it's cute now it's not going to be great when he weighs several hundred more pounds.

Bears are great and quite harmless until they start expecting things from you.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Akion posted:

Technically the sun is free.

It does not have no prisoners.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

just go with it

*sigh* well I live in a small village in Liberia and we're not allowed to "go" anywhere at all because of ebola quarantine. Not everyone can live where you do, maybe we can have a special rule defining "go"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Here's a raccoon.

New challenge:
:siren:Your bike and a roadkilled shoe.:siren:
You know, one of those single shoes that's always in the road. Bonus points for an unusual one, like a stiletto or a ski boot.

Spotted A Shoe the other day - it's a bad intersection to get a photo, so instead we have video with bonus Aprilia V4 sex-noises and blatant disregard for blinky speed limit lights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpTcRHRiDjQ

Since I wasn't arrested for pointing wildly at inanimate objects and blasting away, let's see :siren:Your Bike And a Police Vehicle:siren: No decommissioned antiques or your buddy's posurp crown vic. Bonus Extra Points if you're parked illegally in a station lot. Ultra Win Points for Slavvy posting a photo and not getting tasered.

• Locked thread