Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"That'd be quite a neat trick for the Eagles to pull. Useful too." She snorts at mention of the emperor. "He said he'd be back if the gods came back. Who's to say that's not what's in Roland's head now? I mean, I'm not familiar with the spirit lands, but.... Never mind, that's paranoid even for me.” Isit shrugs. "So do you have a plan Naantali?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Martin

"The possibilities really are too many. Uncertainty is an enemy. It is a bother." He looks to Dolan and nods. "We do, in a few different ways. And you're right he could be beyond saving, dead already, something - it'd be our luck for it to be so, too. Which would quite complicate matters, unfortunately, but it could be overcome." Isit gets a brief raised eyebrow. "I hadn't thought of that. But then, if he were to return, I'd have expected less subtlety. Paranoid as it might ordinarily be, though...I think the last few weeks have taught us that ruling anything out is folly." A year ago Ardan's return might have seemed less of an awful outcome, but now?

"And that, then, brings us back to planning, as you say." Martin sighs, rubs his forehead, shakes his head. "The first step has to be to find some sort of tangible proof one way or another. At least with so little time to spare if he truly is not himself anymore. Whether that means uncovering something, or goading him - or whatever is inhabiting him - into a public misstep of sorts. If it becomes apparent that he is no longer Lord Roland, and that he needs removed for everyone's safety...it needs to be public enough that the people will support it. Otherwise we'll just tear Noah apart..." He looks up at Naantali. "And leave the Freehold to weather the storm alone. Which is, I think, unconscionable. Whoever would win then, all of us would lose."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
"A plan." Naantali says. "Those often backfire, wouldn't you agree? In my experience, it's best to first lay down my priorities. First is the protection of my people- the second, a close relative, is to defeat the Queen's army so that her and her divine-blooded kind can't hurt us. After that, everything else becomes a secondary goal." She spears another small tomato with one claw, popping it in her mouth. "Given that, what are we to do? Even if Lord Roland's been replaced by someone, as long as they are also committed to defeating the Queen... well, they simply need careful watching to be sure they don't do anything untoward. And even if he were to be publically unmasked as an impostor-" The sphinx shrugs, rolling her shoulders with a twitch of her wings. "The resulting power vacuum could badly compromise your town's war effort. And there still is the possibility, however small, that he is still himself. Given all that, my inclination is to leave him in place. At least for now."

Celan takes the grapes, trying a few and nodding without taking his eyes off Lette. "Yeah, that sphinx can be... intimidating isn't really the word. I couldn't even dream of disobeying her when she was in front of me and in that armor-" the harpy shudders. "Don't know too much about her, though. I'm fine, they gave me some rations and it's good enough. It'll... get me back." He hesitates before forging on, "I mean, not that I'm on a fixed, um, schedule for that or anything. As long as I'm still doing something productive, nobody's going to ask too many questions. Er. But you will...?" He cocks his head to one side, biting his lip a little.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"Quite." The Baron sits almost paralytically still as he begins his reply. "As I said before, doing anything about him would only be operative if he were compromised in a way that would, itself, be a danger. If for now he carries on as he has, runs Noah fairly, honors his deal with you and stays committed to opposing her Majesty-" he sneers slightly as he says the words, "-then there would be no reason for something so drastic, as you rightly point out, and as we agreed before. But."

Martin knits his fingers together, cracks his knuckles, and leans forward a bit. "It's the if that's the problem, isn't it? It's the if that gives us all pause. The if that probably robs you of sleep and makes the days seem longer. And it's the if, I'm sure, that made you wish to have this conversation with us in the first place. Because it isn't just whether he's himself or not, but whether that means he might be conjuring up some particularly horrid and destructive sort of plan of his own. Something that threatens everything the lot of us here have been trying to work for."

"So even if we should hope to be able to leave him in place, we do also need to find out as much as we safely can, and at least be somehow on guard for a case in which that meddlesome doubt, that if, makes itself manifest."

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dolan nods. "Reasonable," he says. His respect for the sphinx was growing; she had a wise head on her shoulders for such matters. She would make a competent ruler, should a seat need to be filled. Of course, there was also the danger that, should she become too wise, she might see right through Dolan eventually. What would she think, knowing just what he was capable of? The ruthless streak in her would see him as useful; the protector in her would see him as an outsider, and a threat. Matters to be dealt with later. "We'll have to look around and make sure that his goals do indeed align with our own. It is likely, but certainty is better than speculation."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Shouldn't be too many," she replies, feeling less grouchy. "One. Two, maybe. I dunno, I haven't thought too hard about the phrasing." She even smiles. "Why, how many you got in you? Not counting that one."

Lette rises off the stump, conscious of the angle of her cup as she stretches. She glances back towards Naantali's table again, abruptly feeling some of that lightheartedness fade. She sighs. Ah, what the hell. "You know what?" She plops back down on the stump. "I'm just gonna ask now."

From her pack, she procures the vial from the box. "I still don't really know what this is. Or who it's, um... for, whether it's me or you or..." she shrugs. "But it's part of the answer to that same prayer as before. And it was a prayer that concerned us both, like as not. Here's what I do know: whatever this thing it, its effect is permanent. I don't..." she sighs. "I don't know how much a word like 'permanent' means when the world is on the verge of ending again. But if this is something good — and considering the source, I believe it is — then maybe the promise of something permanent is all the more reason to see all this madness through to a good conclusion."

She turns now to look the harpy in the eye. "I think maybe we should- no, wait, that's not a question. Starting over. Celan," she says, clearing her throat, "do you want to share this with me?"

She holds it over her cup of wine, awaiting his answer.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 18, 2013

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The elf shrugs. She didn't much fancy their ability to thwart any plan, especially one that was made by the Eagles. ”So wait and see. Either way, we have the potential to see this blowing up in our faces. I suppose the question I have now, is if you have any information we can use as an excuse for our detour. Appearances and all.”

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Naantali pauses, and then essays a long, slow nod. "Good. We wait and keep him closely watched, and prepare for the case where we have to do more. Once the Queen's been driven off..." she shrugs, but doesn't blink or look away. "We'll see what is most important at that later date. Yes? Now, as for extra information?" The sphinx smiles. "I'd say that, if he has his own independent spy network in enough detail to know you detoured here first, the knowledge of the Queen's army being incoming and spread out would be a good one."

Staring at the box and then at the vial, Celan's feathers fluff up a little more around the back of his neck as he blinks a few times. He listens to the words- flushing slightly- and takes a deep breath as the question is asked. Though he pauses for a few seconds, he blurts, "I'd love to. I mean, whatever it... is."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Let's find out."

Lette pours the potion into her wine. She gestures for the picked-clean grape stem and drops it into the cup, giving the new tonic a brisk stirring.

She scoots a little closer to Celan. "Guess I'll start."

Bracing with a deep breath, she downs her half and passes the cup.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 19, 2013

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"People gossip, a spy network isn't necessary for rumors to start. And I'm a deeply paranoid woman, ask anyone.” She holds up a hand. "I do have one more question for you. We are well aware you don't like god blooded people. Would you ally with one that went over to your side? And besides the god blooded, are there any other people that you'd reject out of hand? I don't know the old grudges of the spirit realm well, and it would be useful in the future if we have clarity on this issue."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

The wine has a funny, spicy taste to it at first, but nothing too strange as Lette swallows her load of wine and passes the cup over. Celan accepts it, feathers still fluffed out and visibly nervous... but downs the rest in a single long swallow. "I've never had wine, um, burn before... like, spicy?" He ventures, a flush slowly climbing from behind his armor. And climbing. And climbing, until he's beet red. Lette can feel it too, but it's not very strong; Celan's mouth hangs open, sweat beading on brow, and he starts drinking all the water he can find. "Very spicy," he manages- but a quick brush against his skin reveals that, rather than complaining about a bit of spice, the harpy probably should be shrieking in agony- his skin is hot enough to the touch to almost set a wooden bench on fire (happily for all concerned about a repeat of prior Unfortunate Events, he's sitting on stone). It... actually feels fairly comfortable to Lette's hand, though. The flush starts to drop down again, receding steadily as does the incredible heat under his skin. "So I... wonder what that potion was, besides a bit spicy? Kind of an afterburn, you know?" Celan continues to chatter, oblivious.

Lette regains her resistance to fire. No other effects are immediately apparent.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"Useful enough news to give him, I should think, though he may already have some knowledge of such developments." He'd hoped for something more, but then, he was getting used to such disappointments on the matter of what fate would allow them to know. There was no use dwelling on it. Martin seems about to conclude things, to see where his wayward cousin had wandered off to and hopefully set out for the city - shifting where he sits as if about to stand - before Isit's final inquiry gives him pause. Eyebrow raised, lips pressed thin, he then replies softly after a few seconds' thought. "An interesting question," is all he says, but he seems intrigued.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Concern gives ground to amusement as Celan experiences the effect of the potion with quite a bit more intensity. She has some guesses as to why. Still, she nods at him as he continues to ramble about the taste, smirk slowly spreading.

When it becomes clear that the effect is just beginning to fade, she decides to seize the opportunity, catching his eye and making the gesture of a mouth closing with one hand. She takes his arm and extends it, underside of forearm up as if to test stove-warmed milk, and dumps out her waterskin on it.

A mighty puff of flash-boiled steam bursts forth from the contact site, and a giggling fit finally breaks Lette's silence.

After wiping the tears from her eyes, she clarifies: "You do seem to be cooling down. And the spice is fading. So those aren't the 'permanent' bits, right?" Lifting her lyre, she plucks out a melody that reminds her of a time she had been out appreciating a fresh spring bloom of chrysanthemums.

A tiny fire takes root on the ground nearby, an orb perhaps a foot in diameter. In time with the melody, the orb ripples and reshapes itself, and soon resembles a long-stemmed flower growing out of a much smaller bed of flame.

She reaches down and 'picks' it, giving it a theatrical sniff. She bites off the flower and laughs again. "Um. I used to like to chew on chrysanthemums. When I was little. But here, something a bit heftier — let's say..." She plays a few more notes, and the stem reforms into the shape of an apple.

"Try to hold it." She 'tosses' the apple to the harpy, playing the notes needed to keep the flamapple's motion responsive to their movements.

Just a little Create & Shape Flame action, both at 18 if that matters. FP 10/12.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 22, 2013

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"Ahhh." Naantali's breath at the question gusts out, half a sigh and half a snort. "That is an interesting question. Figures the one who the fae liked to adopt would express it. Well." She begins stropping claws against the table- a nervous habit. "In... principle, I don't suppose I have any... objection. In practice, I doubt that any of the semi-divine would be acceptable. The ones I've met are all rather- convinced of their own superiority over us mere mortals." She still looks discontent at the idea, however. "As for others, no, just remember-" she glances at Isit, "There's a strong bias towards making very precise deals for pragmatic advantage among those who come from that side of the world, in preference to idealism. The fae are probably a decent representative of the type."

Celan gawks, feathers just starting to settle as she picks his arm up; when she pours the waterskin on him and it indeed bursts into steam, the harpy's eyes widen even further and his mouth falls right back open. "How did you...?" he starts, trailing off as Lette begins playing with fire. Though he predictably starts to squawk when she tosses an apple of flames at him, he doesn't let his instincts make him dive out of the way- instead he catches it, the apple deforming as the flames cheerfully burn in his hands without injury. "So that's... she intended the potion to make me- us- unburnable? Because you can..." he trails off, and flushes again. "Oh. A very considerate gift, isn't it? I mean, if you don't have to be... careful."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Why, sir," she says, raising hand to mouth and cocking head in a way that suggests she's not sure if she wants to go with 'mock horror' or 'mock accusatory stare.' "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

As she speaks, the apple deforms, elongating and coiling up his arm until a fiery serpent's head comes to rest upon his shoulder, flicking a tiny tongue of flame at his ear. She giggles, watching the pyroform beast glitter in her vision, highlighting the harpy in vivid luminescence. The sight of it catches her eye, commanding her attention fully. Is it an effect of the wine? Or is this just an exceptional flame?

She leans against his arm, humming quietly, her ophidian creation continuing to stretch to wrap around her own shoulders as well, resting on her fireproof cloak. "This is a marvelous gift..." she intones.

"Say," she says, sounding almost dreamy as the fire continues to grow unchecked around them. "Do you sing? Or play anything?"

failed pyromania SC roll, flame just gonna keep wrapping them until someone objects

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 25, 2013

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"That is good to know." Of course, considering that Naantali seemed perfectly aware of exactly who she was addressing, it stood perfectly to reason that if she was going to have a problem with such ideas, then the lot of them wouldn't have gotten an audience today at all, let alone have been summoned. It did quite bother him how much Naantali knew, though. For all too many reasons.

Now he does finally stand. "I think, on that note, we have no further business for today - unless you have something else for us," Martin says. "Otherwise I think it's best if we collect our absent companion and then are off." He pauses, abruptly looks to Isit and Dolan, before adding, "If and when we have news of note...we will find a way to send word."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"I'm sure that many people on both sides of the veil value pragmatism. Especially when there are common enemies around. Do call on me if you wish to discuss pragmatism with more certain terms. After all, we are all on this side now, the gods are back, and those who do not change with the times might have a harder path, no matter how powerful they may be." She nods at Martin. Perhaps she was ambitious after all, in spite of her bluster. Adoption might have made a few thing clear. "I suppose that is all. Any word you wish to send to your betrothed?"

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"Any word?" Naantali laughs without any humor. "How about, 'If you could tell Naantali whether or not you're still human, it'd save her a lot of heartburn.' But I hardly think that's going to work, sadly. The usual platitudes will suffice." She simply nods to Isit's other words, a corner of her mouth quirking up just for an instant but instead merely says, "It's been an interesting discussion."

Over with Lette, nobody's inclined to get too close to the sudden fire, but nobody panics yet; the effects of the same fae showing up and flames starting soon after may readily be imagined, however, and likely it's just a matter of time before some mage begins dumping rivers of water onto the couple. For now, though, Celan just gawks at the fires that aren't able to so much as singe his feathers, too surprised (and possibly, though not showing it, too frightened) to pull away or do anything but watch openmouthed as Lette shows off her sculpting ability. Instead, he sidles a little closer to bring a bit more contact than a hand on an arm by draping one of his own across her shoulders, displacing fire. "Should, um, we be careful? About other people?" He says; cocking his head to her other question, he mulls over his answer before managing, "Not yet. I mean, except for singing." Wasn't quite a yes, but at least the spirit was willing.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Celan's arm drawing her in elicits a quiet sigh of contentment. She leans into him, eyes still fixed on their raveling serpentine corona. "Mm. Which other-...? Oh... right. Yeah, I guess," she concedes, but makes no move to extinguish at first, briefly wondering if it wouldn't be more palatable to ask to be flown out of the forest.

She smiles at his answer. So cute; all careful to pick out just the right way to say it. "Tell you what: let's trade this fire for something just as pretty — I'll sing it away if you'll accompany."

She hums a short melody at him, waiting for a nod before continuing with the song proper. The effect was seamless — serpent coiled, rolled in on itself into the form of an apple, then back to a flower. This last shape, balanced in Lette's hand, collapsed into a pile of petals in her palm, each one a small tongue of flame. Raising the final remnants of the pyre to her lips with a smirk, Lette blows the petals into the harpy's face as they finish fading from the world.

"I'm glad we did this," she says, resting her hand over his on her shoulder. In her smile is an element of joy and comfort not seen in some days.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 27, 2013

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"It has. I am sure there will be more in the future." Looking to Dolan and Isit, he motions with his head in the direction Lette wandered off to. "Shall we?" Then, with a slight, sardonic smile he adds, "I do hope we will not be interrupting anything."

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dolan bows to Naantali as he rises. "Indeed it has. I hope it was all overly cautious and unnecessary on our part." Not bloody likely. He nods to Martin, and follows towards Lette and the harpy. "I don't think they've advanced to the point of doing in public what we shouldn't be interrupting. I hope."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

With a slight bow to Naantali, Isit rises. "As much as I'd prefer to stay out here, I suppose we do need to leave." With a sigh, she spots Clean and Lette's display. "Well, I suppose I need to threaten him with what happens if her heart gets broken. Which it almost certainly will, considering a battle is looming. Not complicated at all."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Celan looks around at the fire, floofing slightly as the flames don't extinguish... but rather than insist, he nods cautiously and smiles as Lette begins a little melody as the flames start to fall off. He does sing, and it's painfully obvious that he never had any training at all- still, it's a good strong tenor voice, matches and holds notes well once he hears them, and it's not a bad start. That, then, is the scene the others come across as the fires die- and Celan shuts up abruptly with his teeth clacking together as he looks back at them, flushing. "Um. Hi."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"That was good!" She shoots him an attaboy of a grin. If insecurities were any burden, Celan seemed willing to shed them, and damned if that wasn't the sweetest thing. "I'd like to hear more of that. Y'know, in the future." The word seems to hang in the air. There is a future to be salvaged, after all; one in which 'permanent' still means something...

"Oh, hey!" she calls to her approaching family. She waves, upsetting her own balance and forcing her to slump against the harpy for a moment. "Err. Lost track of time, sorry. Did the meeting get any better?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"Well, I suppose that depends on how you define 'better,'" says Martin, tone dry as a desert. "The lot of us did have quite an interesting conversation while the two of you were...well, it was a lovely song." He grins, then gestures in the direction of Noah. Or at least near it, he's pretty sure. "We should probably be getting going, though. We could linger a few minutes if need be, but probably not much more."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Celan receives an appearing stare before Isit nods to Lette. "Just more talk. Nothing earth shattering. I suggest we get going. If we can't make the city, we can try for a relative's perhaps."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette recognizes Martin's deadpan tone. She appreciates it. All the little things, the quirks and affectations that clarified the people she loved, seemed to sparkle as though lit by the same ephemeral incandescence as the flame she'd just dismissed. "Yeah, it was," she agrees all the same. "You missed the best part, though. Hey. Hey," She points her empty cup at Isit, as though she didn't already have her cousin's attention. "Watch this!"

She holds Celan's hand and plucks a string, engulfing the clasped extremities in a ball of flame for several seconds. As it dissipates, she holds the other's hand up with a toothy grin, revealing his flesh intact. "Ta-daa! I gotta bake Nadym some dream-cookies or something.

"But you're right, yeah," she says, rising without further ado. She finds her footing quickly enough, with hardly any swaying. "City, relatives. All good ideas. Gods, have I ever mentioned how much I love you all? No, I totally have. But not lately, though. So there it is."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 4, 2013

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit's eyebrows raise very high upon demonstration of the trick. "Oh my. I guess there will be children then.”

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette gasps, turning bright red.

She narrows her eyes and folds her arms.

"You first."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 5, 2013

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Age before beauty is it? I'm ever so offended!"

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Nope," she covers her ears before Isit completes the thought. "If it's a word other than 'preggers,' I don't want to hear it."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 5, 2013

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"Ah, it's just courtesy, Lady Isit," Martin says, either entirely serious, or entirely amused by being entirely serious. "Lette merely recognizes how wonderful and magnificent our future children will be, and cries out to the heavens, desperate for a world in which they are introduced as soon as is practicable." He grins widely. "I can hardly blame anyone for thinking we would raise such excellent heirs."

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

It is clear that Drunk Lette is not so much listening as waiting for her turn to speak. "...Plus I'm not the one who's all married up! Anymore."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 6, 2013

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well you won't be unmarried for long, isn't that right Celan?"

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"You suck!"

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

The dwarf looks back and forth between the fey and the elf, a single eyebrow slowly rising. Perhaps Lette needed to have her wine intake restricted somewhat.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Celan, if it was possible, manages to flush even more as children and marriage is discussed so frankly... but, notably, he doesn't make any move to let go of Lette. "I, uh," he says, "I mean, not in any hurry... but it's kind of fast... not that I wouldn't... I mean..." he isn't actually stammering, it's just that his mind seems to be bouncing between thoughts too quickly for him to air them all. Feathers puff out a little more as he looks from person to person, and adding, "But um... I mean... I should really report back at, uh, some point? To my commander?"

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Lette snorts. "Look what you've done, getting him all flustered. You can't just go around inviting people to be in-laws; it's probably considered rude in some places. Or something."

She pats the harpy's hand. "Gotta just roll with it, lest you get rolled. It's in the blood, you know," she lilts, smiling sweetly. At the very least, she spares him any mention of the ring from Nadym's box.

Plucking a red vine blossom from her own variegated mane, Lette slides it into Celan's hair and shrugs. "I thought you said they didn't need you back just yet...? No matter. If you want to go make a report, then have at it. Or come with us to Noah. Your call. Either way, though, I think we're done with this place; should make the most of our remaining daylight."

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 10, 2013

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin

"I don't know, I think it's considered highly amusing in some places," says the dignified Martin, teasingly. "Anyway, I agree that we at least should be off. Fortunately it is not a long ride, even at this hour. As for you..." He glances at Celan. "If you are beginning to worry that you will have to report back soon, then perhaps it's time to do so. Not that you are not welcome here, but you have a job to do, same as us, and I'd hate to keep you from it. If you do decide to go now, travel safe, and we will see you soon, I expect." After all, however decent the harpy seemed to be, he was still one of the Queen's agents, and should certain topics of conversation arise it would be best if he was not party to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

"Well at least you'd talk to her about marriage. Some men dont believe in asking a woman their opinion. Honestly, mother was right, the empire lags behind those that were banished in terms of equality." Grinning, she nods to Martin. "Oh I'm sure we'll be ambushed on the way back. Care to go double or nothing on our previous wager?"

• Locked thread